Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
The camera bug is still here, like tooly26 say "still camera crashes after a few changes (3 or 4) from photo mode to video mode and back". When firmware from Samsung is release then will disappear the camera bug, it's firmware related, not OS bug.

mjb666

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I had firmware 13.5.1 so I updated the firmware, 1st ensure your 8.1 settings are all backed up
do a search on below (sorry I'm not able to post links until I have posted 10 posts apparently)
flash-different-stock-rom-samsung-ativ-s/ then go to link that has theunlockr in the web address.
use the flash tool to install wp8 but with gdr3 (firmware 13.11.2 ), I had some driver issues on a windows 8.1 machine so tried a windows 7 laptop which worrked fine. To get phone into downloader mode can be tricky.

Once you have installed GDR3, then before restoring any online settings, install preview for developers app, get updates (you will need to install a few updates before the latest WP8.1 release appears then restore online settings by performing full reset on phone (by going into settings -> about "reset your phone" and after reset you are asked if you want to use backup, the just choose latest backup.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I had firmware 13.5.1 so I updated the firmware, 1st ensure your 8.1 settings are all backed up
do a search on below (sorry I'm not able to post links until I have posted 10 posts apparently)
flash-different-stock-rom-samsung-ativ-s/ then go to link that has theunlockr in the web address.
use the flash tool to install wp8 but with gdr3 (firmware 13.11.2 ), I had some driver issues on a windows 8.1 machine so tried a windows 7 laptop which worrked fine. To get phone into downloader mode can be tricky.

Once you have installed GDR3, then before restoring any online settings, install preview for developers app, get updates (you will need to install a few updates before the latest WP8.1 release appears then restore online settings by performing full reset on phone (by going into settings -> about "reset your phone" and after reset you are asked if you want to use backup, the just choose latest backup.
You can post the links, just copy/paste the url here without "http://www.", we'll figure it out from there :)

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
But the GDR3 2424.13.11.2 still has issues with the camera and DP? Is this correct, or does the GDR3 firmware work with DP and all the phone functions work?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
But the GDR3 2424.13.11.2 still has issues with the camera and DP? Is this correct, or does the GDR3 firmware work with DP and all the phone functions work?
I don't quite understand your question, can you re-phrase it? There is no GDR3 in WP8.1. GDR3 is for now only on official WP8, not WP8.1. WP8.1 DP is Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview, a new upgrade from Microsoft, only thing we miss is the firmware from Samsung.
Edit: Oh ok, i understand your question now reading SPIFF Costa's response. I will add that it doesn't matter if you go from WP8 GDR1, 2 or 3 to WP8.1 DP, the bugs are the same. As i said, this bugs can be solved once Samsung release their own firmware.

Last edited:

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep, sorry, could have been more clear. Did clarify things for me though, bugs are still present no matter which version of WP8 and Samsung firmware you were on before.

anon(9112960)

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get OS update since 8.0.102112.04!
Not to mention 8.1. My OS version is so old, that I don't meet the requirements to download the 8.1 developer's preview.
Does anybody knows why?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get OS update since 8.0.102112.04!
Not to mention 8.1. My OS version is so old, that I don't meet the requirements to download the 8.1 developer's preview.
Does anybody knows why?
You might want to read at least the last 10 pages of this thread, your answer is there, trust me :)
Guess you are stuck with GDR1. Yet, how to upgrade to GDR2 and GDR3 is also answered few times in this thread, I did explain several times too, but i am too lazy now to do that again. :) No hard feelings! :)

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
instead of typing all that you could easily have answered it instead of tiping all that.

a) dial ##634#
b) wait for the diagnostics up to boot up and dial *#321647335
c) Pick your new CSC (THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE!!!), for GDR3 use NEE, ATO or DBT, not sure right now, just try until you hit the GDR3 update.
d) After updating, format your phone once more so it gets all cleaned up and ready to run GDR3 as it should (data sense and all)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
instead of typing all that you could easily have answered it instead of tiping all that.

a) dial ##634#
c) Pick your new CSC (THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE!!!), for GDR3 use NEE, ATO or DBT, not sure right now, just try until you hit the GDR3 update.
d) After updating, format your phone once more so it gets all cleaned up and ready to run GDR3 as it should (data sense and all)
First of all it was his first post here. So instead of just come and bump a question that has been already answered maybe 5 times, he could just use the Search feature and find the answer he needed. That would be so much faster than just come here for the first time and just pop the question and wait someone to give you an answer, which may take a day or more. That was my point of the answer and i was lazy at that moment to write the whole procedure again. And it's only ATO and NEE which can give you the GDR3, the german DBT doesn't do the trick anymore. Also you forgot to mention that he first will install GDR2, then GDR3 will come next. You can't jump from GDR1 straight to GDR3. And the right term is "Hard Reset" your phone, not Format your phone. Format means wipe everything from your device (including OS). I know english is not your native language (it's not mine either), but you should use proper terms when you helping someone. it can be very misleading.
Just by using the Search option on this forum, in 15 minutes i manage to find my own posts in this forum (not just this thread):
- From this thread:
- This is where i firstly speak about how i get the GDR3 (page 2)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-2.htm#post2643216
- Here is where i talk about the same mater for the second time (page 7)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-7.htm#post2676274
- Here is where i explain the differences between ATO and NEE (page 14)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-14.htm#post2728944
- Here is where someone explains that DBT CSC is not working for getting GDR3 (page 14)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-14.htm#post2729776

- From the thread: GDR3/Update 3 (Official consumer release, not developer preview)
- Here is where I talk about changing CSC's (page 8)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/250120-8.htm#post2581282

- From the thread: Samsung ativ s - change csc
- Talking about changins CSC's (page 3)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/240569-3.htm#post2601056

Just click on the link below every description, it will lead you straight to the specific comment!

See how easy it is with the Search option here? :)

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

a) dial ##634#

Shouldn't it be Samsung's responsibility to push the update officially?

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, if they keep on releasing firmware updates in this pace, we gonna get 8.1 official when the MS dev preview program reachtes 8.1 GDR 6. :')
They better make it 8.1 GDR1 compatible, lol.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, if they keep on releasing firmware updates in this pace, we gonna get 8.1 official when the MS dev preview program reachtes 8.1 GDR 6. :')
They better make it 8.1 GDR1 compatible, lol.

haha
just a little correction... Windows Phone 8.1 wont reach GDR6...
they will release WP9 and Ativ S wont get that iam 100% sure
:D

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
That might be true, but i'm guessing we won't be seeing WP9 anytime soon this year. 2015 at the earliest.

I'm wondering how many current devices will actually be seeing WP9 to be honest. Also, if we won't be getting it officially, we might be getting it through custom roms or something. Although there hasn't been a lot of progress on that front from what i've seen. perhaps it is because there isn't that much that MS isn't fixing themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12