Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You might want to read at least the last 10 pages of this thread, your answer is there, trust me :)
Guess you are stuck with GDR1. Yet, how to upgrade to GDR2 and GDR3 is also answered few times in this thread, I did explain several times too, but i am too lazy now to do that again. :) No hard feelings! :)

You are not the lazy one here.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

WP Gan

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Update from Asia, Have tried all CSC in the phone, but no updates avail.......

GLB, SMA, THL, XME, XSE, XSP, XTC and XTE.

Anyone from Asia coutry here having updates please kindly share ya....... We are still stuck at dunno what GDR ermmm.... 8.0.10328.78.... :-(

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Update from Asia, Have tried all CSC in the phone, but no updates avail.......

GLB, SMA, THL, XME, XSE, XSP, XTC and XTE.

Anyone from Asia coutry here having updates please kindly share ya....... We are still stuck at dunno what GDR ermmm.... 8.0.10328.78.... :-(

What you have there is GDR2, for what I know, only NEE and ATO can deliver the GDR3, but I don't know how compatible will that CSC be in India, cuz both are European CSC's.

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi..my mobile csc also shows the same GLB, SMA, THL.... Yesterday i had updated GDR3 using dev preview...everything is fine..camera also working fine..

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
haaaa...finally am in windows phone 8.1..hurray
Two days back, I was having only GDR2. Now its completely different.
I didnt do any flashing of ROM or changing CSC...just registered under developer's preview and got the updates.

Here are my details after update:
OS version: 8.10.12382.878
Firmware revision number: 0424.13.10.1
Hardware revision number: 15.15.1.0
My model no: I8750

Till now, found no issue and its awesome...you guys can go and try this..no camera issue..nothing much
Start tiles with background, swipe letters in keyboard, action center, extra tile, call logs UI, Incoming calls now have contact images and occupies complete phone and so many ..everything is nice..now I feel my phone came into alive..

Thanks to Boris for the support..

May be there can be hidden bugs..but so far I didnt found a single one..

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Dont know..phone update is showing another update ready to install...but now am scared whether to go ahead or not...if that update contains any bug..I will be into soup..

Oversoul7

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Sounds fun Pavan, meanwhile, we are awaiting the official update which has yet to show its damned face.

I'm surprised you dont have issues with the camera, let the update marinate a little...im sure bugs will start to pop up...lol, although i hope they won't.

Samsung really messed up this time, as someone previously said: keeping fingers crossed for october.

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I have been stuck in GDR2 for a long while.
This morning, I have noticed an update notification.
For now the update is still at 0%. I let you know if it's the official 8.1 as soon as I manage to get the update.
I am crossing all my fingers right now... :smile:
Edit: it's currently downloading.:shocked:
Edit 2: I get the 8018830f error. :angry:

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm still in GDR2.
My csc is DBT and I am in Italy.
DBT is a German CSC, and if you are on WP8 GDR2, the update you see is probably GDR3, but WP8, not WP8.1.
If you have those problems (errors) usually that error occur on the WP8.1 official or DP. I haven't seen that error in WP8 part, especially if you are expecting GDR3 (WP8)
Here, I search the web through Google for possible solution for your problem (you should try sometimes, it's very easy, lol):
- Error 8018830F on Lumia 920? - Microsoft Community
- The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8018830f)
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Receives Fix for 8018830f Error: 80188308 Installation Problem to Get Fix Soon
Hope the links will help you with your problem.
P.S. do you (Duareg & Modena 360) have ATO or NEE CSC's in your phone? Cuz DBT CSC is not doing the trick anymore.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
haaaa...finally am in windows phone 8.1..hurray
Two days back, I was having only GDR2. Now its completely different.
I didnt do any flashing of ROM or changing CSC...just registered under developer's preview and got the updates.

Here are my details after update:
OS version: 8.10.12382.878
Firmware revision number: 0424.13.10.1
Hardware revision number: 15.15.1.0
My model no: I8750

Till now, found no issue and its awesome...you guys can go and try this..no camera issue..nothing much
Start tiles with background, swipe letters in keyboard, action center, extra tile, call logs UI, Incoming calls now have contact images and occupies complete phone and so many ..everything is nice..now I feel my phone came into alive..

Thanks to Boris for the support..

May be there can be hidden bugs..but so far I didnt found a single one..
Glad i helped you Pavan_KD, but i don't want to be the messenger who brings bad news, but will tell you anyway, lol
Fisrt of all, WP8.1 Developers Preview is not a rocket science, everyone can do that if they want. However, in lack of the official Samsung firmware, you are now running generic WP8.1 but with Samsung's firmware from WP8 GDR2, so you might (and for sure will) occur bugs in the future, especially with the camera flash and camera crashing. Here for a test do this:
-Take 10 pictures one after another without closing the cam app with flash ON (not Auto), and see how many of them will actually turn the flash or maybe app will crash.
- Try to take 10 pictures, one after another without closing the cam app with flash set to Auto and note the same as with the first one.
- Try to take 2-3 pictures (with or without flash) and right after that turn the video cam and start to record video in 720p or 1080p, see what happens.
That's one of the bugs you will occur, but that's normal since a firmware from Samsung is needed to point and fix those bugs so your phone can take full advantage of the WP8.1 features. :)
P.S. Keep posting your findings and experience with WP8.1 DP on your phone here. :)

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello Boris,

I have ATO CSC in my phone but I don't want to mess things up. I don't want to lose time reorganising my start screen and set the phone again.

Some bad experience from my previous android life...

As soon as I get home, I connect to my wifi and uninstall some heavy apps to see if my phone is updating. If not, I'll wait patiently...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss