Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
maybe you have a temporary problem with your store, but when you buy some apps (like navigon) is always link with your mail account, so it's not true that you will pay again for them.
temporary problem, now my phone in recognized by store :)
the latest firmware is 2424.14.6.1 and is obtained by switching CSC to ETL

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If I remember well, the radio should be activated with GDR3, but I might be wrong...
Regarding the radio version (I don't know what it means) mine is 2424.13.9.1, I attach my screenshot for you to understand what I mean.

View attachment 83559

Radio refers to the Phone not FM Radio, the antenna for FM Radio isn't connected in the ATIV S.

jrfbal

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My unlocked ativ S on GDR2 is downloading an update!

I'm curious to what it might be.

Edit - Same as others, I get error 8018830f after a while. I hope this is WP8.1 and not a very very late GDR3.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My unlocked ativ S on GDR2 is downloading an update!

I'm curious to what it might be.

Edit - Same as others, I get error 8018830f after a while. I hope this is WP8.1 and not a very very late GDR3.
No, it is not WP8.1 cuz Samsung haven't yet rolled out its own WP8.1 firmware. The only way to get WP8.1 on Samsung ATIV S is through Developers Preview thing, which is just a generic WP 8.1 without a proper Samsung WP8.1 firmware and it will work on your last Samsung firmware. For example, if you from WP8 GDR2 go and install WP8.1 DP it will work on the firware from GDR2, same goes with GDR3 too. What you is getting is probably (99%) the GDR3, which if you manage to install it, trust me, your phone will work way better than on GDR2, and in GDR3 you will have option to close the apps from multi-tasking window among all other advantages you get with it. :)

How to change my csc to ETL??? My ativ s only got ZTO csc (brasil) �� and i'm using wp 8.1 preview.
Read the last 3-4 pages of this thread, I think some guys here talked about this matter, or if you have time read this whole thread, we've already talked about this, especially i have tried to help other Brazilian guy with the same ZTO CSC, but i think that the ZTO CSC in Brazil got only up to GDR2 if i am correct. I think links have been posted in some comments here too, but i am too lazy to search them now, and its 4am here so i need to get my sleep. :) Good luck anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
How to change my csc to ETL??? My ativ s only got ZTO csc (brasil) 😞 and i'm using wp 8.1 preview.

My suggestion to you would be to download the ZTO csc from here Samsung Ativ S I8750 CSC ZTO BRAZIL | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums This is so that you can reflash your country/carrier CSC back after you have got the update, so you do not have to manually enter your APN settings.

Have a read of this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...evert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp.html#post2481415 If the csc located here does not have the ETL csc let me know and I can upload the copy that i have.

Selectively flash only the CSC. WARNING: This will reset your device, make sure you have a current backup

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My suggestion to you would be to download the ZTO csc from here Samsung Ativ S I8750 CSC ZTO BRAZIL | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums This is so that you can reflash your country/carrier CSC back after you have got the update, so you do not have to manually enter your APN settings.

Have a read of this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...evert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp.html#post2481415 If the csc located here does not have the ETL csc let me know and I can upload the copy that i have.

Selectively flash only the CSC. WARNING: This will reset your device, make sure you have a current backup
I am not quite sure about your method, but maybe you are right (haven't try that so far). From my experience, whenever i change some CSC on my ATIV S, it picks up the APN entries right from the network, or they are just written in the SIM card and it picks them from there, it adjust them automatically. But maybe that is like that cuz i have 40 different CSC's on my ATIV S (one of them are also ATO, NEE, DBT and ETL too) and since i already have all those 40 different pre-loaded CSC's i think the network and APN settings from my carrier (in this case, it's T-Mobile Macedonia) are already supported there so the phone picks them up right away after a hard reset. Don't know for sure if this is the case, but in my logical thinking, it might be.
And yes, like you said (and for all others reading this thread): Changing CSC will always make your phone to hard reset (factory reset), so make sure before changing your csc to back up everything you think needs to be backed up! :)

jrfbal

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
you can NEVER skip an update. It's GDR3.

Actually, according to MS
Updates to Windows Phone 8 are cumulative—so when you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates (if your phone doesn't have them already). Only updates that apply to your phone will be downloaded and installed. Update availability varies by phone model, region, and mobile operator.

I still have hope that this update is indeed the WP8.1. It wouldn't make sense to launch GDR3 so late and out of nowhere. Some lumia phones also got this error when updating to WP8.1 and it was corrected after a few days.

Let's just wait and see what happens next.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually, according to MS

I still have hope that this update is indeed the WP8.1. It wouldn't make sense to launch GDR3 so late and out of nowhere. Some lumia phones also got this error when updating to WP8.1 and it was corrected after a few days.

Let's just wait and see what happens next.
Nokia Lumia updates in WP8.1 are official, cuz it has the official released Nokia firmware. On the other hand, Samsung has never YET released it's firmware for WP8.1. If that happened, WPCentral would be all over it so far like it was for the official firmware from Nokia. It is recommended to have the latest WP8 GDR3, cuz that firmware has some things in it that GDR2 haven't and are needed for best implementation of the official Samsung WP8.1 firmware when it comes out. Like i said, it is recommended but it's not obligatory. I think we will get Samsung firmware soon. For know all we can do is to hope and be patient. And even if doesn't come out, I am perfectly fine with my ATIV S on WP8 GDR3, it works flawlessly. :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
that is true but you can't get all the new/updated 8.1 app (bing/msn for example)
Yeah, thats true, i guess what all tech sites are reporting of Bing apps being updated, forgot to tell that that's only for WP8.1 devices. And I personally don't use any of the Bing (now MSN) apps, so i am not missing them at all. For a weather i use Frost, it's an awesome app. For sports I only use for football and it's Live Football app (the real one, not the american one), for finance, health and blah blah blah other apps, never used them nor used any other kind of similar apps. But, that's just me, other may think different. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb