Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Why would that make a difference as it's the OS and Firmware version numbers that are more interesting?
Well I am wondering because they got GDR3 one year later.
I am already at GDR3 since the beginning and I have 2013. If he has 2014, then that is a difference.

kderh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Did someone get the new firmware update and then updated to 8.1.1 DP? If so, does the new FW fix the 8.1 problems like the camera bug?

Oversoul7

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has done a real good job in getting us to prattle like little school girls on the general distribution releases and fw versions! Lol, the wait has taken so long that it got some ppl, myself included, running around in circles! I just realized this and started to laugh to myself! Hopefully it will all be resolved soon! :D :D :D

Last edited:

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I shoud mention what I've noticed, having 2 ATiV S: the official gdr2 firmware works a little better with WP8.1 dev prev than GDR3 firmware. The only issue with the GDR2 FW and WP8.1 DP is the camera flash/freeze. You don't have the ringtone reseting issue or the bluetooth disconnection.

I do have the ringtone and the Bluetooth issue, so it's not that linear.

macmelilla

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I 've given my ativ s to my wife. I've bought a oneplus one. Very different thing but I want to try and windows phone always will be close to me 😃

Oversoul7

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Why are you bothering to comment in the Samsung section anyway?

Not all people are rich enough to buy a new phone every week like you!!!!

Oh I get it, you're just trollin!!!

I see no trollin' intent either, he might've had an ATIV at some point for all we know.

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Buy a Lumia and improve your experience
Buy a lumia for the same money, and settle for a phone without things like NFC, 2 cams.. Or maybe settle for a lower capacity battery, 512 MB, no removable battery, a smaller screen, no removable SD card etc etc..
If you don't like the color of your ferrari, you could always buy a Lada instead, right?

Posting a single comment in a discussion without any context like this most def. consist of trolling.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I see no trollin' intent either, he might've had an ATIV at some point for all we know.

Posting a one line comment that reads "Buy a Lumia and improve your experience" in another manufacturers section on these forums, then being such a coward that you won't come back into the thread and explain yourself, knowing that it's an inflammatory comment is the very definition of trolling.

macmelilla

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've not been an easy decision. In fact, now I'm not sure about my new acquisition, but Ativ S has been the problem and the start point to look for other alternatives. 930 is limited to 32 gb (I usually use more), and 1520 too big (I've got it in basket some days). I like windows phone. Firstly I chose it as a transition phone to a bigger iphone. Now I like wphone a lot and I'm going to give a try to android. It's a risk but ativ s is now owned by my wife (she had got an Lumia 620 bought by me) It'll be here and I can follow its way. When one day Samsung wants to release the update I'll install it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss