Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded the preview for developers 8.1 update (8.10.12382.878) without installing it. Could someone explain me how do I have to proceed to cancel it from my phone in order to get the plain 8.1 update :cry:

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Last night i successfully update my Ativ S. Before i update i have many troubles to get the update.
First i change my csc code on WP8.0 to ETL, but the update was only firmware from Samsung without WP8.1. After that i revert back to WP8.0 GDR3 with flashing custom CSC(ATO) (because on original GDR3 stock rom leak on internet doesn't have ATO). When i update with CSC (ATO) it's update only WP8.1 without firmware. And last thing i do was back to GDR2 stock rom with original CSC(ATO) and voala i have successfully update to WP8.1 with new firmware.
Sorry for my English, but i think all will understand. Everything is doing without DP :)
untitled.JPG

Lci80

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Changed from BTU(UK unbranded GDR3) to ATO installed the 2 updates and after that changed back to BTU.And after 2 hours the wait is over :).

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's good news for those who are still on WP 8.0 gdr3, they will get the firmware update easily when released, (it seems the released is on), but for those who are on WP DP 8.1 I think have to revert back to 8.0 gdr3 to have all sorted.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
That's good news for those who are still on WP 8.0 gdr3, they will get the firmware update easily when released, (it seems the released is on), but for those who are on WP DP 8.1 I think have to revert back to 8.0 gdr3 to have all sorted.

I hope that's not the case. I doubt Samsung will make us do that since I think that voids the warranty or even ilegal(? im not sure). But people on DP 8.1.1 got it legally with Microsoft saying we would be able to update the firmware without having to revert. So either Samsung will make an update available for DP's or it will release a revert tool just like Nokia recovery tool so we can do it officially. If not, Sammy sucks xD But since Samsung actually came through with the update, I'm hoping they will come through with this too

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I forget to tell that when update is installed, Skype and Facebook is included in this update, also only 3 apps from Samsung, Now, Photo editor and Live Wallpapers. Also the option to keep Wi-Fi on, when is lock the phone is gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss