Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I forget to tell that when update is installed, Skype and Facebook is included in this update, also only 3 apps from Samsung, Now, Photo editor and Live Wallpapers. Also the option to keep Wi-Fi on, when is lock the phone is gone.

So whenever the phone locks, wi-fi is turned off? that sucks

Fabius Engel

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I hope that's not the case. I doubt Samsung will make us do that since I think that voids the warranty or even ilegal(? im not sure). But people on DP 8.1.1 got it legally with Microsoft saying we would be able to update the firmware without having to revert. So either Samsung will make an update available for DP's or it will release a revert tool just like Nokia recovery tool so we can do it officially. If not, Sammy sucks xD But since Samsung actually came through with the update, I'm hoping they will come through with this too
I don't think that samsung bringing the new firmware only to non preview phones. Maybe they will release a tool for reverting back to gdr3 wp8.0 but i don't believe they just say, haha nothing for you guys!

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
To whom were "betatesters" at the time of the 8.0 GDR3 (1 year ago): do you remember the pretty darn issue with GDR2 fw and GDR3 via DP? That was a high chance of bricking the phone when Hard Resetting.

Can anyone reassure me that, provided a device is now on an official GDR3 and its latest firmware release, not a single problem would arise by doing an Hard Reset?

Because I'd be quite tempted to go the "ATO route" (hence the forced Hard Reset thing) and my device got the official GDR3 just one week ago from Samsung. Never touched Dev.Preview since the beginning... :)

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Since WP8.1 there is no longer the option to turn off Wi-Fi when you lock the screen. WP8.1 made Wi-Fi default on when you lock the screen. You cannot change this setting.

No. I have 8.1 Update 1 DP, and option (checkbox) "Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out" is PRESENT.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi to everyone,
I get back to WP8.0 GDR3 with this tutorial - http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...guide]-how-revert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp.html
CSC is ATO, I bought Ativ S i8750 in Links(that isn't mobile operator, it's hardware store) and I don't have update without PfD... I don't Know why... So, where is a problem?

I think someone had a similar problem and they fixed it by reverting to GDR2. Here is his quote (user maki01) "Last night i successfully update my Ativ S. Before i update i have many troubles to get the update.
First i change my csc code on WP8.0 to ETL, but the update was only firmware from Samsung without WP8.1. After that i revert back to WP8.0 GDR3 with flashing custom CSC(ATO) (because on original GDR3 stock rom leak on internet doesn't have ATO). When i update with CSC (ATO) it's update only WP8.1 without firmware. And last thing i do was back to GDR2 stock rom with original CSC(ATO) and voala i have successfully update to WP8.1 with new firmware. ". It's on page 30

Kalibar300

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
How I can custom switch to ATO? Software doesn't have ATO CSC...

@EDIT: Now I'll set OS to 8.0 with GDR2 firmwareom... Now i see ATO CSC in software.... Keep thubmps up for my luck :p

Last edited:

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I also can confitm that i got official 8.1 update when i reverse back my phone from DP 8.1 to gdr2. The problem with gdr 3 is that csc ato doesn't exist in .csc file when i try revert back through method given on this forum... So you just need to find the GDR2 update on google with ATO csc included. Sorry about my english.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos