Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I confirm that its SAMSUNG OFFICIAL 8.1 UPDATE .
I revert back to GDR2 than make all updates,its working xD,waiting if its smooth without bugs or not i will come back with a new reply,now its installing.

javicpb

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Duareg
I never had the Preview for Developers, due to the camera bug complaints. I have tested the camera and... everything is OK.
I had WP8 GDR3 and after the phone update... OS Version: 8.10.14157.200 and Firmware: 2424.14.9.3 :smile:
Here is the screenshot:
ATIV S Javier.png

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
And i'm just wondering what's happened with our master of this topic "noevermore" :)

Someone called my name or you have been sarcastic? I am still on WP8 GDR3, and I am on NEE csc, i still have to do some backup until i update to WP8.1. When i finish all that i will come with full report, but i think that will not be needed cuz we already have guys on this thread who can report what's working and what's not. :) I am excited too as you are guys about the update, but i also have questions about this update as you all do. That's normal, cuz we have been waiting for so long. :)

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Strange thing, i know that Ativ S doesn't support FM radio, but on this update they put a FM application in live folder (i tried but don't work with headphones, and on application list doesn't exist FM application . Another new thing is arrow on the upper left corner when using data or wi-fi connection. Here is some screenshots

wp_ss_20141015_0003.jpg wp_ss_20141015_0006.jpg wp_ss_20141015_0005.jpg

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I am far from sarcastic... You obviously make strong efforts to give us right informations about the official update all the time and i'm allways following your posts... Kind regards from serbia...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, after i carefully look at the screenshot provided on WM Power User site and comparing to the screenshot of my current OS Verison (WP8 GDR3) and also with the earlier screenshot when i was on WP8 GDR2, I have notice some suspicions about the screenshot that was provided by WMPU claiming that it's official Samsung 8.1 firmware. So I made a picture with bot (polish screenshot provided by WMPU and mine with WP8 GDR3). Here is what i found:

. On mine there is a field for Carrier, on the other there is not.
. On mine for Software is Windows? Phone 8.0 (Even tho it's GDR3, it is not written as Update) On the left says Windows? Phone 8.1 Update. Did we see that "Update" so far on any updates we had?
. On the left one there is no Screen Resolution field, on mine as you can see is written Screen Resolution: 720x1280.
. On the left for Firmware Revision Number (Wersja oprogramowania ukladowego) it is: 2424.13.10.1, on mine is 2424.13.11.2, now maybe thats country dependent, I don't know, but that's a firmware for GDR3 for as I know.
. Same numbers are for Radio Software Version (Wersja oprogramowania radiowego) 2424.13.9.1 and for Bootloader version (Wersja programu ladujacego) 13.08.14.16. (just for comparison, Bootloader version is changing with every new update, for example when I had WP8 GDR2, the Bootloader version was 13.04.19.21).

I also read the Polish forum (as much as Google Translate did the job) where this news was posted and as much as I understand, they are talking about custom ROM flashed, some are suspecting this is fake, etc. If there is some polish guys here maybe they can check that forum for us and told us what they really are talking about there, here is the link:ATIV S Oficjalna aktualizacja WP 8.1 - Strona 38Now, here is the picture i made with the above description:

View attachment 84623

I think it's safe to say that the picture on the left is an ATIV S running the DP, it has the same firmware and Bootloader version that I have. What I find interesting is that some of you have a field for Carrier which I don't. On the subject of the Software field, yes, GDR1 adds Update to Windows Phone 8.1 making it Windows Phone 8.1 Update. Just for comparison here's a picture of my ATIV S about screen:

wp_ss_20141015_0001.png

Last edited:

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20141015_0001[1].png
Finally...its installed..i made a hard reset and than install the apps...its was a pain in the *** ...a little glitches there...but with patience they downloaded and installed corectly...the phone tell me that sd card need to fix so i made a backup and then fix it and nothing dissapear..good...no bug now ,phone its running faster,but internet explorer its slow as back when i load the wp central page...hmmm ...i hope we got a new update for ie too...if i find new bugs i will tell you ^^ i used csc ato.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 84705
Finally...its installed..i made a hard reset and than install the apps...its was a pain in the *** ...a little glitches there...but with patience they downloaded and installed corectly...the phone tell me that sd card need to fix so i made a backup and then fix it and nothing dissapear..good...no bug now ,phone its running faster,but internet explorer its slow as back when i load the wp central page...hmmm ...i hope we got a new update for ie too...if i find new bugs i will tell you ^^ i used csc ato.

IE has more than a few bugs now and it's all due to the UA String that IE sends to different websites to get the mobile versions of Web pages. It has a neat feature though, just like the Modern UI version of IE on Surface you can now swipe to go back and forward.

Glad you like the 8.1 update though, have you tried the Live Folders yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)