Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Chris988

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to restore a backup of all apps including settings and high scores and all the SMS messages out of a backup performed on DP to the official version after reflashing and performing all updates?

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
After installation of official 8.1, confirming that option " "Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out" doesn't exist anymore (it was present on DP).
I'm not sure if WiFi by default is ON or OFF after screen is locked.

macmelilla

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
After installation of official 8.1, confirming that option " "Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out" doesn't exist anymore (it was present on DP).
I'm not sure if WiFi by default is ON or OFF after screen is locked.

I was installing apps yesterday in airplane mode and Wi-Fi on and the download didn't cut off

Balwant Rawat

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Finally, after a long wait got official 8.1 update installed after changing CSC. Loving the update.
By the way, did anyone tried downloading Here Drive+, which was supposed to be free for all Win phone 8.1 devices? I checked and it seems to be still a paid version.

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Can't revert to 8.0 until next week. Can anyone check if they added Bluetooth 4.0 support?

I've just flashed GDR2 and consequently switched from XEF to ATO, updated everything to the latest 8.1 and I would like to know about the bluetooth 4.0 too. Where can I check this info?

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Tried AUT, NEE and ETL all with no update. Oddly though ETL bumped my firmware and radio to 2424.14.6.1, but no bootloader jump or 8.1 followed. Back to NZC and waiting as I can't find a CSC pack with ATO and NZC in it.

andrebaur95

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey there man! How did you get the windows 8.1 update on your samsung ativ s? I still haven't received it! I live in the UK that might be why...

Fabiano Rossettini

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
sera que ? poss?vel usar o fiddler2 e pegar a atualiza??o de outro pais (como era feito pra pegar os apps nokia) ?
sorry for my english: Is it possible to use Fiddler2 to get the update from another country (the same manner as was done with the Nokia Apps)?

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Here is the direct download link for gdr2 with ATO csc included.

View attachment 84765

Hi, I also have the GDR2 downloaded, but the size of it is 1,565,924 KB GDR2, the link you provided I have downloaded and the size is bigger, 1.622.498 KB GDR2, so which one is the right one?
Did you use the one provided?
I am thinking to give a try downgrade it to 8.0 GDR2, but I have already the ATO CSC on my phone, should i flash it again? Or flash only the GDR2 firmware?

Last edited:

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I also have the GDR2 downloaded, but the size of it is 1,565,924 KB GDR2, the link you provided I have downloaded and the size is bigger, 1.622.498 KB GDR2, so which one is the right one?
Did you use the one provided?
I am thinking to give a try downgrade it to 8.0 GDR2, but I have already the ATO CSC on my phone, should i flush it again? Or flush only the GDR2 firmware?

Some people reported that they have some issues with upgrade directly from gdr 3 to official 8.1.
If you decide to downgrade to gdr2 you should flash the CSC too because when use downgrade tool you need to import both of this files (csc and image) . Csc file which is provided is also signed, so you can`t combine csc from different packages ( for example csc file for gdr3 with images for gdr2 etc.) . I done this with package which is provided in my post above.

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I did installed the windows 8.1 update.
I had some problems with one of the usb ports while flashing to 8.0 GDR2, failed something, and did not completed successfully.
I left it around 10 minutes and nothing, just the sound of the windows, in this case 7, like finding a new driver. All the required tools were installed. I removed the cable and moved to different usb port, it worked perfectly. I was afraid that i damaged it, but I didn't.
With this update, I presume is final, the phone runs faster, I also switched a few times from photo mode to video mode, it is working fine so far.
aativ.PNG

Last edited:

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Would be nice to get a list going.. To get to see whats fixed and whats not. Issues with the PfD (feel free to contribute/add):

* Bluetooth instability/reboots when used simultaniously with wifi
* camera stops working when switching between photo/video mode
* camera flash is always on, even when turned off
* ringtone gets reset to "over the horizon" at every phone reboot.
* battery life was a lot shorter
* UI performance takes a huge hit (in my case 8.1.1 pfd fixed this one..)
* if you rename your device in Windows, the name gets reset after every reboot

Most of these things seem driver related, so im expecting them to be fixed with proper drivers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05