Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello, reading this useful discussion I got so many tips by you enthusiasts users like me. Still, a question remains for me, I will try to ask by an example. Suppose John and Mary have the same CSC, OS, radio, boot loader and firmware versions. However only Mary did obtain software by DP, which is now disabled, let's say. Will they get both the samsung update? Or ... will Mary have to wait for an "inclusion" of the new firmware in the DP update? If I've been imprecise please tell me.

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello, reading this useful discussion I got so many tips by you enthusiasts users like me. Still, a question remains for me, I will try to ask by an example. Suppose John and Mary have the same CSC, OS, radio, boot loader and firmware versions. However only Mary did obtain software by DP, which is now disabled, let's say. Will they get both the samsung update? Or ... will Mary have to wait for an "inclusion" of the new firmware in the DP update? If I've been imprecise please tell me.

Mary will have to wait for new firmware :) . They both will get firmware, but not at same time, i think.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Mary should enable DP coz she wont get anything
DP OS number is not the same as the final Samsung firmware so the phone wont update or an error will show up so Mary wont get any update. The solution is simple, Mary needs to Flash her phone or she should enable DP and wait for the new FW + bootloader. Will she get it? I dont know, maybe Samsung wont release the new FW + bootloader for DP users or the whole process cant be done with DP - we have zero informations about this and Samsung wont tell us

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Mary should enable DP coz she wont get anything
DP OS number is not the same as the final Samsung firmware so the phone wont update or an error will show up so Mary wont get any update. The solution is simple, Mary needs to Flash her phone or she should enable DP and wait for the new FW + bootloader. Will she get it? I dont know, maybe Samsung wont release the new FW + bootloader for DP users or the whole process cant be done with DP - we have zero informations about this and Samsung wont tell us
Thanks for your reply. So it may be a matter of necessarily different OS/fw numbers ...
However I think, and hope, there is a lucky combination that could save Mary and me (I must admit :)) from flashing/waiting forever:
8.0.10532.166 (preparation to 8.1, both DP and not)
2424.13.10.1 (official Samsung gdr3 firmware)

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Doubt that the hypotesis can even apply: if they really have the same OS, Radio, Bootloader, and firmware version, nothing can differentiate them. Probably your example would better be explained with this sentence at the beginning: "they have same CSC, OS, but different radio, boot loader and firmware versions".

The answer, anyway, is like others said.

Last edited:

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Now when i have the newest firmware i think to enable DP again to get the 8.1 gdr2 when it release in the middle of November. Is that smart decision?

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Now when i have the newest firmware i think to enable DP again to get the 8.1 gdr2 when it release in the middle of November. Is that smart decision?

If Samsung doens't support this DP then I don't think so. I won't do it at least. Plus, I got the features that I wanted and I doubt next GDR will make that much of a difference. Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 was a big leap. Next big leap will be Windows 10, so if I ever enable DP again it will be for Windows 10. But it will depend if those features are important for me or not. (Assuming we will get Windows 10 of course)

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys
I need an advise here please
have been using DP for months and all was more or less ok, since last update my camera refused to work at all anymore, nothing helped nor hard nor soft reset, i went back to gdr3 and camera was good again , but then as soon as i updated via DP same story, so for few weeks have been using gdr3, now i found out that official Samsung firmware for WP8.1.1 has been released but you can get it only if you are on ATO CSC , so i tried to change csc but there was no ato in the list, so i flashed I8750XXCMJ1_I8750OXACMJ1 and then i have been able to change to ato and finally got an update without installing and enabling DP, but same issue with the camera, it just won't load :((( did hard resets few times and soft as well
any ideas ?

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys
have been using DP for months and all was more or less ok, since last update my camera refused to work at all anymore, nothing helped nor hard nor soft reset, i went back to gdr3 and camera was good again , but then as soon as i updated via DP same story, so for few weeks have been using gdr3, now i found out that official Samsung firmware for WP8.1.1 has been released but you can get it only if you are on ATO CSC , so i tried to change csc but there was no ato in the list, so i flashed I8750XXCMJ1_I8750OXACMJ1 and then i have been able to change to ato and finally got an update without installing and enabling DP, but same issue with the camera, it just won't load :((( did hard resets few times and soft as well
any ideas ?

Check your firmware and post it here pls

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys
any ideas ?

You probably flashed your phone from GDR3 without to GDR3 with ATO csc included. So if that is true you need to flash your phone again but to GDR2 with ATO and than you will get new firmware, because from some reason GDR3 have problem with upgrade. And i suppose that you used this package '' I8750XXCMK2_I8750XCMK2. Firmware version 2424.13.11.2 ''. That is GDR3 definitely.

Last edited:

cims182

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I updated my phone changing my csc to ATO

wp_ss_20141022_0007.jpg

Now i cant see any information about my phone.. csc changer doesn't work anymore.. somebody with the same problem?

wp_ss_20141022_0006.jpg

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks and sorry for my question, but is it 100% safe to do the procedure in first post? If I change my phone to ATO CSC, after can I go back to "usual" mode?

p.s. How can I hard reset Ativ S? I searched on Google, but seems to be different modes.

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
wpc1.jpg

will try to go back to gdr2 as you are right i flashed gdr3 but not the package you indicated but I8750XXCMJ1_I8750OXACMJ1

so now which gdr2 do i choose in order to have ATO (as not all roms do have it)
I8750XXBME1_I8750OXABME1 or I8750DXBMJ1_I8750OLBBMJ1 or GT-I8750_DXBMJ1_R_signed or GT-I8750 XXBME1_R_signed ?

thank you so much in advance everyone ;-)

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 85362

will try to go back to gdr2 as you are right i flashed gdr3 but not the package you indicated but I8750XXCMJ1_I8750OXACMJ1

I8750XXBME1_I8750OXABME1 or I8750DXBMJ1_I8750OLBBMJ1 or GT-I8750_DXBMJ1_R_signed or GT-I8750 XXBME1_R_signed ?

That's weird. You have the latest firmware.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks and sorry for my question, but is it 100% safe to do the procedure in first post? If I change my phone to ATO CSC, after can I go back to "usual" mode?

p.s. How can I hard reset Ativ S? I searched on Google, but seems to be different modes.
It is 100% sure procedure if you know what you are doing, if don't then do NOT do anything, do a little reading before doing the procedure, have a piece of paper and a pen, take notes so you don't wonder later what you need to do. Writing down things old fashion way (paper and pen) will make you remember things better than just write them down in text document on your computer (trust me, I've tested this) :)
You can always go and change to your preferred CSC. You know the procedure about installing Diagnosis and the codes for getting in CSC Converter, right? If not, view few pages back i already explain how to do that. But do mind that changing CSC will cause phone to hard reset, so back up before changing.
A hard reset is very easy to do: Go to Settings>About>Reset Phone, it's that easy :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 85362

You have the latest official OS version from Samsung and the latest firmware to go with it, no need to downgrade.

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It is 100% sure procedure if you know what you are doing, if don't then do NOT do anything, do a little reading before doing the procedure, have a piece of paper and a pen, take notes so you don't wonder later what you need to do. Writing down things old fashion way (paper and pen) will make you remember things better than just write them down in text document on your computer (trust me, I've tested this) :)
You can always go and change to your preferred CSC. You know the procedure about installing Diagnosis and the codes for getting in CSC Converter, right? If not, view few pages back i already explain how to do that. But do mind that changing CSC will cause phone to hard reset, so back up before changing.
A hard reset is very easy to do: Go to Settings>About>Reset Phone, it's that easy :)

Ok, thanks. I read that to make an hard reset I have to turn on the phone with hold volume down button and/or other buttons :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077