Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
hi Jason, welcome to Windows Central Forums.
About the update, you should really try to read the threads sometimes instead of just bumping for the first time and ask a question like that (i recommend the last 10 pages of this thread). But, as i was previously criticized for telling this to newcomers here, I will just repeat what i said above and recommend you to read those pages and you will find your answer. Assuming you know what CSC is and what CSC Convert and ROM Flashing is, I will tell you that so far only phones running on ATO CSC are getting the official Samsung Firmware (that's just a start). Guys like me (still running on NEE CSC) and Dan Preda (running on ETL CSC), are not changing our phones to ATO CSC because we want to see when our CSC's will get the new official firmware so we can share with others. Yes, that means we are still running on WP8 GDR3, cuz guys who are already on WP8.1 are guys who run their phones on WP8.1 Preview for Developers. So this new official firmware doesn't affect them. If they want to go to the official Samsung firmware they need to downgrade to WP8 GDR2 or GDR3 with ATO CSC to get the new firmware.
Damn, I guess i did answer you questions after all. But what i said at the beginning, still stands. :)

Dunno if I understood what you meant, but I'll say this just to be clear : I have an unbranded Samsung Ativ S with Windows Phone 8.1.1 DP and I got the firmware update yesterday. So anyone running WP DP should NOT downgrade to get this firmware update as it seems they are already rolling it out to DP users.

Pedro Nogueira1

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20141023_0001.png

I have wp 8.1.1 DP (CSC ATO) and today i receive a fw update, after update i receive again the microsoft update 8.10.14176.243 DP.

wp_ss_20141024_0001.png

After update app Diagnosis don't work, i need desistall and install again (##634#) and have a new version Diagnosis_Ody81.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Dunno if I understood what you meant, but I'll say this just to be clear : I have an unbranded Samsung Ativ S with Windows Phone 8.1.1 DP and I got the firmware update yesterday. So anyone running WP DP should NOT downgrade to get this firmware update as it seems they are already rolling it out to DP users.
I did write what i knew so far, cuz so far the users with DP didn't received the update. But this is a good news that you post, now i know one thing more, since i am still on WP8 GDR3 waiting to see if NEE CSC will get the new update, cuz i see that many users have that CSC instead of ATO. Thank you for brought that out, but i still have one question:
- Are you 100% sure that that is official Samsung firmware update and not another MS DP update? Can you confirm?
I think neo158 can confirm this update too, since he is still on DP if i am correct.
Anyway, Dragone, can you post screenshots from your phone providing us with OS version, Firmware Revision Number and Bootloader Number? Don't write them here, just make a screenshot. :)
If this is true, then this is an awesome news guys (for the one on DP) :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 85470

I have wp 8.1.1 DP (CSC ATO) and today i receive a fw update, after update i receive again the microsoft update 8.10.14176.243 DP.

View attachment 85471

After update app Diagnosis don't work, i need desistall and install again (##634#) and have a new version Diagnosis_Ody81.

Wow, i was just answering to Dragone and requested a screenshots from him for confirmation and BAM, you posted this, LOL.
This is good, very good news. Now all that have this like Dragone & Pedro Nogueira1, we are expecting to give us a good feedback, what's working, what's not, impressions, blah blah blah.
But since PfD is getting update, then neo158 will get that too, so we expect confirmation and thoughts from him too. :)

Pedro Nogueira1

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Attachment 85470

Attachment 85471

I can confirm camera, ringtone, phone name, bluetooth + wifi bugs solved.
Globally the phone works faster.
Battery life is the same.

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a unlocked Ativ S purchased in Hong Kong. I am subscribed to a Hong Kong mobile provider.

It now running
-WP 8 GDR3 (updated using instructions from this forum)
-CSC: TGY
-Firmware rev:2608.13.01.1
-Not registered it for Developer Preview.

A fews days ago I got an update notifcation, does anyone know if this is for WP8.1 update 1 + samsung firmware?

I noticed my Firmware rev:2608.13.01.1 is a lot different from the ones reported in the previous threads. Does anyone know why?

I am bit reluctant to download and try it out as I messed it my phone in April with the WP 8.1 Developer Preview. After upgrading it rebooted continuously after every 2 minutes.I had to take it back to Samsung to flash it back to WP 8.

wp_ss_20141024_0001.png
wp_ss_20141024_0002.png

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a unlocked Ativ S purchased in Hong Kong. I am subscribed to a Hong Kong mobile provider.

It now running

A fews days ago I got an update notifcation, does anyone know if this is for WP8.1 update 1 + samsung firmware?

I noticed my Firmware rev:2608.13.01.1 is a lot different from the ones reported in the previous threads. Does anyone know why?

I am bit reluctant to download and try it out as I messed it my phone in April with the WP 8.1 Developer Preview. After upgrading it rebooted continuously after every 2 minutes.I had to take it back to Samsung to flash it back to WP 8.

View attachment 85491
View attachment 85492

That in the screenshot you provided is WP8 GDR3.

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
try to reverse to GDR2 and change CSC to ETL, will get GDR3 with a new firmware (as myself) 2424.14.6.1, and after that you have 3 choises:
1) stay on ETL and wait original update from Samasung (as myself)
2) move on ATO ang get update from Samsung
3) go on DfP and get the new updates, I understand is new firmware on DfP updates

I don't get the point, if you've seen my previous posts I did almost everything. can you please explain to me what good switching to ETL will do?
because moving on ATO as i already wrote did not help with my camera issue in 8.1, Dprev. also can't solve it

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't get the point, if you've seen my previous posts I did almost everything. can you please explain to me what good switching to ETL will do?
because moving on ATO as i already wrote did not help with my camera issue in 8.1, Dprev. also can't solve it

1) As I told you, on ETL you get a different firmware with 8.0 GDR3 and maybe a new firmware update to 8.1 from Samsung will be different
2) are you instal the new firmware on dev prev? (mention by Dragone & Pedro Nogueira1)

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

It now running

your firmware is a version for Hong Kong, of course is different from European firmware
new update is an official update from Samsung (since you are not on Dev Preview), you can update your phone without worries

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05