Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
That bug in Battery Sense was caused by the switch off of the Daylight Saving Time. Happened to Nokias as well.. ;)

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

I experienced a little more weird bug with battery sense - it showed me that i charged phone an hour ago, while it was charged a day ago.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That bug in Battery Sense was caused by the switch off of the Daylight Saving Time. Happened to Nokias as well.. ;)

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

I've got that bug right now, it says it came off charge less than an hour ago with 4 hours remaining at 16% :confused:

I would assume that it corrects itself the next time it's charged.

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I got this update today. So I don't know if it's this "new" update from Samsung or just a common update for all WP8.1 devices. I'm on developer preview program and de CSC is for Spain and nearby, I think.

wp_ss_20141026_0001.jpg

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
About the experience with the new WP8.1.1, you should really browse few pages back, there are people that get ti and shared their experiences, I am still on WP8 GDR3 with NEE CSS, waiting to see when it will get the official firmware, altho i do have ATO among 40 other CSC's on my phone. So, whatever update will come your way (but not a PfD update) just install it. Make screenshots on the About page before update, the Update page information (that updates are ready to install) and also make again a screenshot of the About page after the installation completes and your phone reboots, so we can confirm that beside ATO, TGY is getting the same official Samsung firmware 8.1.1.

Boris why you are still on GDR3? The real question is whether you'll ever get and when the official update for your CSC. I'm surprised how much patience you have :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Boris why you are still on GDR3? The real question is whether you'll ever get and when the official update for your CSC. I'm surprised how much patience you have :)

Probably because it's only just started to roll out and it way too much hassle to change the CSC and have the phone do a factory reset. I'm still using the PfD for that very reason.

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Probably because it's only just started to roll out and it way too much hassle to change the CSC and have the phone do a factory reset. I'm still using the PfD for that very reason.

Ok but according his story i mean that he said that is need to do factory reset after OS and firmware update whatever type of OS you have (PfD or official). So I do not believe that this is the real reason. Also he said that he prefer clean and fresh start with new OS, without old system and temp files. Also i can understand that some people with minimal experience don't won't to make CSC changes and they'll wait to official release, but i mentioned that this is strange for advanced user like him....

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I guess i am taking one for the team, lol.
The thing is that my ATIV S is working so good on WP8 GDR3, that from one side I don't like to change that (you know what they say: "You don't change the winning team"), but from other side I want to know if and when NEE will get what ATO is getting now. Cuz for what i have seen, there are more people who has NEE on their phone than ATO, so it will benefit them if someone told them that new updates are rolling for that CSC, spared them from downgrading, flashing, etc. It's easy for me, I have both NEE and ATO, I can switch to ATO whenever i want and get the updates, but if everyone did that, how we will know when Samsung is gonna start rolling the new update for other CSC's, right? And as i said before, my ATIV S is working great now. It does everything what i want and throw to him perfectly, so i am in no hurry to get the updates. And from the other side, I need more feedback from users who already got the official firmware. By nature I am very thorough, I like to research a lot before i am doing some major change. Guess that's the habit I got from the golden days of Windows Mobile 6.x when i was developing for the platform. You know how they say "Better safe than sorry".

I don't have problems updating/upgrading nor i have problem installing the apps again cuz that's all the fun for me. But, what is fun for me, may not be fun for everyone else, so yeah, you have excellent point Neo :)

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, I guess i am taking one for the team, lol.
The thing is that my ATIV S is working so good on WP8 GDR3, that from one side I don't like to change that (you know what they say: "You don't change the winning team"), but from other side I want to know if and when NEE will get what ATO is getting now. Cuz for what i have seen, there are more people who has NEE on their phone than ATO, so it will benefit them if someone told them that new updates are rolling for that CSC, spared them from downgrading, flashing, etc. It's easy for me, I have both NEE and ATO, I can switch to ATO whenever i want and get the updates, but if everyone did that, how we will know when Samsung is gonna start rolling the new update for other CSC's, right? And as i said before, my ATIV S is working great now. It does everything what i want and throw to him perfectly, so i am in no hurry to get the updates. And from the other side, I need more feedback from users who already got the official firmware. By nature I am very thorough, I like to research a lot before i am doing some major change. Guess that's the habit I got from the golden days of Windows Mobile 6.x when i was developing for the platform. You know how they say "Better safe than sorry".

I don't have problems updating/upgrading nor i have problem installing the apps again cuz that's all the fun for me. But, what is fun for me, may not be fun for everyone else, so yeah, you have excellent point Neo :)

I thought that you were the first one who will give us feedback for the 8.1 :) It seems that I was wrong :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought that you were the one who will give us feedback for the 8.1 :) It seems that I was wrong :)
Well, i can go to 8.1 and give you feedback, but how you will know then if the update is start to rolling for NEE? Many advanced users on this thread already got that with ATO, so I am sure they are enough capable to give a proper feedback. And when I said "...waiting for feedback", what i thought actually was that when i get enough feedback, I will know what to check when i got WP8.1 and if that feedback is matching with my findings, I will not have to repeat something that was already talked on the thread. That way I can add new findings about the new update (if i find any). Understand? :)
All that people need to do is to read the thread, there is already enough feedback for the normal users provided from the advanced ones. :)

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, i can go to 8.1 and give you feedback, but how you will know then if the update is start to rolling for NEE? Many advanced users on this thread already got that with ATO, so I am sure they are enough capable to give a proper feedback. And when I said "...waiting for feedback", what i thought actually was that when i get enough feedback, I will know what to check when i got WP8.1 and if that feedback is matching with my findings, I will not have to repeat something that was already talked on the thread. That way I can add new findings about the new update (if i find any). Understand? :)
All that people need to do is to read the thread, there is already enough feedback for the normal users provided from the advanced ones. :)

I'm agree with you but it's also very frustrating to read threads from the most of this users. They just asking again and again one the same question and they won't to read old threads, that is a fact. If they invested a little more effort, they could solve all problems that they had.To be honest, there is a few advanced users at all.

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm agree with you but it's also very frustrating to read threads from the most of this users. They just asking again and again one the same question and they won't to read old threads, that is a fact. If they invested a little more effort, they could solve all problems that they had.To be honest, there is a few advanced users at all.

Unfortunately bro, that's the problem. People just bump here for a first time and ask a question that has already been answered and maybe the answer they are looking is 1 page back. Also the Search button is there for a reason.
I tried few many times to tell this to newcomers here, but then i got under fire from other users (yeah, you know who you are, we all do) that i am being rude, disrespectful, that instead of writing about that i could answer the user's question, etc.
Well i do have something to say about that: How about those "new users" respect our wasted time reading and learning through various forums, also wasting our free time to investigate and test features so we can HELP those users to learn from our experience? All they need to do is to read! But i guess it's easier for them to just bump with a problem and question and expect others to solve it for them. So, I am asking now "How is that less disrespectful from me telling them to actually read before ask?"
I mean, let those "users" answer one thing over and over again for several times, and then some new user comes and ask a question about the same thing. How would they feel?
It's easy to jump and judge someone's behavior and attack them for being rude, but how about they stop for a moment, think and see the others side?
But, enough of me whining, i might get judged again by the other "concern users" here, LoL :)

Last edited:

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately bro, that's the problem. People just bump here for a first time and ask a question that has already been answered and maybe the answer they are looking is 1 page back. Also the Search button is there for a reason.
I tried few many times to tell this to newcomers here, but then i got under fire from other users (yeah, you know who you are, we all do) that i am being rude, disrespectful, that instead of writing about that i could answer the user's question, etc.
Well i do have something to say about that: How about those "new users" respect our wasted time reading and learning through various forums, also wasting our free time to investigate and test features so we can HELP those users to learn from our experience? All they need to do is to read! But i guess it's easier for them to just bump with a problem and question and expect others to solve it for them. So, I am asking now "How is that less disrespectful from me telling them to actually read before ask?"
I mean, let those "users" answer one thing over and over again for several times, and then some new user comes and ask a question about that thing. How would they feel?
It's easy to jump and judge someone's behavior and attack them for being rude, but how about they stop for a moment, think and see the others side?
But, enough of me whining, i might get judged again by the other "concern users" here, LoL :)

You just stop to bothering about "concern" users. My advice to you is to care about yourself and direct your efforts to advance this forum as it deserve. If they don't respect your time and your opinions they also don't deserve your time and words anymore. The easiest way for them is to attack someone when he write something that is in opposite with their opinion.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You just stop to bothering about "concern" users. My advice to you is to care about yourself and direct your efforts to advance this forum as it deserve. If they don't respect your time and your opinions they also don't deserve your time and words anymore. The easiest way for them is to attack someone when he write something that is in opposite with their opinion.

EXACTLY :)

(Shta bi reko Zika Pavlovic: Ma idi begaj...) LOL

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I would like to ask someone from Balkans, does Camera work if you switch to Serbian or Croatian or whatever slavic language? The camera animation just plays, and then goes back to start. It really sucks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6