Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I'm still waiting the official 8.1 in Italy.
One question for those who already got 8.1.
maybe it's too early too kmow, but i try: do you have any idea id has been solved the problem of the system memory space always increasing? mine on GDR3 actually is 7GB...
Thanks you.

Yes that problem is gone. They made some major changes about it.

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
About the experience with the new WP8.1.1, you should really browse few pages back, there are people that get ti and shared their experiences, I am still on WP8 GDR3 with NEE CSS, waiting to see when it will get the official firmware, altho i do have ATO among 40 other CSC's on my phone. So, whatever update will come your way (but not a PfD update) just install it. Make screenshots on the About page before update, the Update page information (that updates are ready to install) and also make again a screenshot of the About page after the installation completes and your phone reboots, so we can confirm that beside ATO, TGY is getting the same official Samsung firmware 8.1.1.

Boris,

Thanks for your advice.

I will backup all the stuff on my phone first and ready my other phone (just in case the WP 8.1 update goes bad again, this time my warranty has expired so cannot take back to Samsung for servicing) . But need to reserve a free weekend before I go ahead.:excited:

Gesh75

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am Hong Kong Ativ S user. Gesh75. Is that you just enroll the Developer Preview Program and upgrade from GDR3 (developer preview) to 8.1 update 1 (developer preview)? Did you flash any rom, and is that the reboot loop and camera issues disappeared after the update (suppose there should be no firmware update)?

Just developer preview. I have had no issues with battery, reboot loops or other stability issues. Also tiles refresh allot faster now (I think because I created allot of livefolders). And all my content and their settings and data were seamlessly transferred, I've fallen in love with my device all over again :smile: Also performance is slightly improved in the interface in multi-tasking sometimes when you returned to your home screen after a heavy app you would get a bit jittery animation, that is also no longer the case. I do hope they eradicate the tile refresh when scrolling a long list tiles. As it's still there not as bad as before the update, but it's still present. All in all though I can totally recommend the update. Those of you who are not in DP yet, just do it as I think the final firmware is still miles away for regular users of NON-lumia devices. And performance overall has improved.

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
with official 8.1 update my ativ is slower :(
in "my phone" app with GDR3 I got 3900 points and "faster than 99% users" rank
with 8.1 I get 3750 pontis an "faster than 93% users" rank

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I flashed updated my Ativ S that I bought yesterday to 8.1.1 as mentioned in thread. It came with 8.1 (not update) and I think GDR3 firware and showed it is up to date, although bein ATO. Used guide, downgraded, pretty simple and easy process, not that i haven't flashed allready a Lot of phones, but this was really easy. Updated OTA to GDR3, than 8..1.1. And here it is, up to date, fast and great :)
I also flashed it on my Windows 8.1 PC. As said it shall have problems with drivers, but there is easy workaround.
If possible, @megadragon998: Add this little guide to your guide, for Windows 8.1 users.
"Samsung sub driver will not want to install on Win 8.1, so you need to disable driver signature verification. To do this, follow instructions on this link:
How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)
and after installation of drivers proceed"
and edit my mistakes.
And thank you, and to all for great tip :)

thivanka31

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do u guys know if the new firmware update (wp8.1 update 1) for the ativ s will update the Bluetooth drivers to 4.0 LE? I want to get a fitbit and i need to knw whether I can wirelessly sync these fitness devices with my ativ S...help much appreciated...

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
hi all..
gud 2 c samsung releasing firmware updates slowly..
but am most satisified with developer's preview. Its been a month since I had updated to it and trust me I forgot how I used android for 4.5 years. This is the best OS (ofcourse I didnt used ios). Smoothness, effectiveness, easyness...and most important thing battery life was great. Even Android phone in standby mode will not give long life I can bet easily on this. Initially I found some problems in camera but recently didnt find any camera issue as well..am sure its a not a firmware fix but donno...
My phone details:
OS version number: 8.10.14192.280
Firmwarerevision number: 0424.13.10.1
Hardware revision number: 15.15.1.0

Its too good now using this phone. Even my friend who wants to buy Lumia phone was interested in this phone. We went to showrooms to see demo of Lumia 830. Trust me this phone still dominates. He was asking me where he can find this phone.
Seriously Microsoft has to launch different kind of phones..we asked sales person..a windows phone with 5 inch full HD 2 GB RAM, expandable memory, good battery one... but he was unable to show..Microsoft and other vendors has to launch a lot varieties of phone. With the description, we can find so many different branded phones from different vendors in android. That is missing in windows phone sector.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
We went to showrooms to see demo of Lumia 830. Trust me this phone still dominates. He was asking me where he can find this phone.
Seriously Microsoft has to launch different kind of phones..we asked sales person..a windows phone with 5 inch full HD 2 GB RAM, expandable memory, good battery one... but he was unable to show.

HTC M8 WP edition???
:D

KamiForce

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
received firmware update 10 minutes ago
Now downloading update 8.1
CSC: PHN
GDR3
No Preview
(been checking for update every morning & evening since ATO got updated)

Just so u guys know :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
received firmware update 10 minutes ago
Now downloading update 8.1
CSC: PHN
GDR3
No Preview
(been checking for update every morning & evening since ATO got updated)

Just so u guys know :)

That's a good news KamiForce, can you provide us with pictures (screenshots) from About section after you install your update?
Also can you tell us what was your firmware revision number and bootloader number when you were on WP8 GDR3? I am asking this just to have solid prove and to confirm that PHN CSC is getting the new WP8.1. Thank you! :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, I guess NEE is getting the update too. I just checked and there is a download package, but a little problem that i will fix later.
Consider this as a preview news. I am working no to fix the error for not installing the update.
Phone: Samsung ATIV S i8750, WP8 GDR3
OS Version: 8.0.10517.150
Firmware: 2424.13.11.2
Bootloader: 13.08.14.16
Here are the screenshots during the new update in order:
wp_ss_20141030_0001.png wp_ss_20141030_0002.png
wp_ss_20141030_0003.png wp_ss_20141030_0004.png
wp_ss_20141030_0005.png

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads