Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
so, so many days trying to make my camera load under 8.1, no solution found, feeling like will throw my ativ s in nearest garbage can :amaze:
pretty sure used almost all tricks, no solution found

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
so, so many days trying to make my camera load under 8.1, no solution found, feeling like will throw my ativ s in nearest garbage can :amaze:
pretty sure used almost all tricks, no solution found

you have downgraded to GDR2 and then istalled this official update from Samsung? Hard reset after update?
if you are still on PfD, that is causing problems probably. What is your firware version?

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
you have downgraded to GDR2 and then istalled this official update from Samsung? Hard reset after update?
if you are still on PfD, that is causing problems probably. What is your firware version?

downgraded not only to GDR2, but 1 and 3 as well, hard resets, soft resets, different roms and now even different csc as many countries have started receiving official updates except ATO, tried only official updates and also tried official updates alongside with Dev preview, tried with different roms only with Dev preview and then installing official on top of it, nothing works, as soon as i not on gdr 1,2 or 3 camera does not load, it worked for few months with Dev preview but not no way to use it on 8.1. even changed language / region combinations many times just in case, no luck so far

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
downgraded not only to GDR2, but 1 and 3 as well, hard resets, soft resets, different roms and now even different csc as many countries have started receiving official updates except ATO, tried only official updates and also tried official updates alongside with Dev preview, tried with different roms only with Dev preview and then installing official on top of it, nothing works, as soon as i not on gdr 1,2 or 3 camera does not load, it worked for few months with Dev preview but not no way to use it on 8.1. even changed language / region combinations many times just in case, no luck so far
Ok, here is what you gonna try:
- Remove preview for developers (you can always get that later if you want)
- Hard reset your phone
- Downgrade to GDR3 (or GDR2, depends on which one your camera worked better)
- From the post in the last 2-3 pages see which CSC's got the update 8.1.1 (for i can remember they were: ATO, NEE, DBT, BTU, PHN and TGY). Maybe there are other CSC's that are getting the 8.1.1 update but we haven't heard of it nor we have confirmation. For these 6 i mention we do have that.
- So, In case you have NEE on your CSC List, choose that, and hit Check for Updates button and you'll get the newest 8.1.1 update. Here is a link from my post how i got it with NEE, read it, remember it and go for it. If you don't have NEE you already have ATO so choose that. http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-51.htm#post2838261
- Do not install or activate Preview for Developers once you downgrade to GDR3.
- If you manage to install the 8.1.1 update, please notify me or us so we can know your problem is solved. :)
Here are my first impressions or findings about the new 8.1.1 update, you might wanna read that:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-52.htm#post2838918

Hope this will help you.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

sorry
but sounds like you (insert any kind Word) ******* up your phone. Why did you use different roms? You should use only 1... 1 with ATO thats in the topic with the title "Revert back...."

maybe the hardware was damaged due to inappropriate manipulation

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Boris thank you very much for your detailed post, but i already went trough all those steps many times before i posted, so if i did not miss something in your post then i am not sure how we are going to solve my issue :)

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
sorry
but sounds like you (insert any kind Word) ******* up your phone. Why did you use different roms? You should use only 1... 1 with ATO thats in the topic with the title "Revert back...."

maybe the hardware was damaged due to inappropriate manipulation

I do not agree at all :) will explain when i am back, now i need to run

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I do not agree at all :) will explain when i am back, now i need to run

Well, you better explain in details what have you done, every step by step so we can manage to figure it out what you screw up with your phone. Cuz, Pappale might be right in his post, you might screw up something flashing too many ROMs. You DO NOT flash a new ROM over the other one, that's a golden rule :)
Ok, we are waiting for you detailed explanation what exactly you have done, starting from the very beginning. :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well we're still waiting for ATIV Camera to be released.

That was the first thing i was searching in the 8.1 Store and didn't find it, so it's pulled off for time being i guess, but to be honest, the stock camera in the new 8.1.1 firmware works perfect. Just few hours ago we celebrate my sisters' bday, i was snapping pictures, then turn it to video and record it, then back to picture, took some more.etc And i was doing that continuously, without getting out from the stock camera for about 30 minutes. Cam didn't crash at me, it worked like a champion. :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That was the first thing i was searching in the 8.1 Store and didn't find it, so it's pulled off for time being i guess, but to be honest, the stock camera in the new 8.1.1 firmware works perfect. Just few hours ago we celebrate my sisters' bday, i was snapping pictures, then turn it to video and record it, then back to picture, took some more.etc And i was doing that continuously, without getting out from the stock camera for about 30 minutes. Cam didn't crash at me, it worked like a champion. :)

Agreed, I checked on the store page for ATIV Camera on my PC just now and it's no longer a test submission so it should be released soon.

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone tried to flash back to GDR 2 or 3 from official 8.1? I feel like I was a bit premature to flash a rom just to get the ATO CSC. Tried to go back and get back to my proper CSC, but can't flash it. The phone never shows up in the WP8 download tool and device manager shows it wrong.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyone tried to flash back to GDR 2 or 3 from official 8.1? I feel like I was a bit premature to flash a rom just to get the ATO CSC. Tried to go back and get back to my proper CSC, but can't flash it. The phone never shows up in the WP8 download tool and device manager shows it wrong.

What other CSC's you have in your current CSC List?
Or you can try to explain better (in details) what is happening to you and your device, cuz from what i have read (your post) i can't really understand you. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)