Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, you better explain in details what have you done, every step by step so we can manage to figure it out what you screw up with your phone. Cuz, Pappale might be right in his post, you might screw up something flashing too many ROMs. You DO NOT flash a new ROM over the other one, that's a golden rule :)
Ok, we are waiting for you detailed explanation what exactly you have done, starting from the very beginning. :)

well the reason I am sure (maybe I am wrong) camera issue has nothing to do with flashing different roms is because it started before I flashed first time any rom and since then nothing changed.
few months ago I've been running gdr3 that i received via ota and i enrolled into d.preview and upgraded to 8.1, all was fine during 3 months, except few issues that almost everyone faced like flash, switching between photo and video in camera, ringtone reset and etc, but more or less camera was ok.
beginning of october after updating to 8.10.14176.243 my camera did not load anymore ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/312870-ativ-s-gt-i8750-8-1-update.html#post2789057 ) ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-44.htm#post2826461 ) nor hard nor soft resets could solve it, so that's when i flashed my rom first time reverting back to gdr3 according to this guide http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...guide]-how-revert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp.html

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Cheers for that Boris, sorry for confusing you:winktongue:. It finally worked. Not sure why it wouldn't work before. I have flashed back to GDR3 and my original CSC from official 8.1 and ATO using the 3.47 SMD binary downloader.
I tried to do this last night and it wouldn't work, the download tool wouldn't register that my phone was plugged in. Today it did and now I am back on official GDR3 with my correct and original CSC.

ATO and official 8.1 were 99% good, but just had a couple of niggly issues for me so hopefully if I get the official update for the NZ region, I won't have those issues and everything will work perfectly.

Last edited:

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
well the reason I am sure (maybe I am wrong) camera issue has nothing to do with flashing different roms is because it started before I flashed first time any rom and since then nothing changed.
few months ago I've been running gdr3 that i received via ota and i enrolled into d.preview and upgraded to 8.1, all was fine during 3 months, except few issues that almost everyone faced like flash, switching between photo and video in camera, ringtone reset and etc, but more or less camera was ok.
beginning of october after updating to 8.10.14176.243 my camera did not load anymore ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/312870-ativ-s-gt-i8750-8-1-update.html#post2789057 ) ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-44.htm#post2826461 ) nor hard nor soft resets could solve it, so that's when i flashed my rom first time reverting back to gdr3 according to this guide http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...guide]-how-revert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp.html

hardware failure is still a valid explanation

you can do only 1 thing: revert back and start again. Revert back to GDR 2 with CSC ATO and after that update your phone via official updates. If the camera wont work than you can do nothing

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
hardware failure is still a valid explanation

you can do only 1 thing: revert back and start again. Revert back to GDR 2 with CSC ATO and after that update your phone via official updates. If the camera wont work than you can do nothing

if its hardware failure then why does camera work if i am on gdr1,2 or 3? it just refuses to load under 8.1, looks like more software related to me
i have reverted back to gdr2 with csc ato and then updated my phone via official source at least 10 times already :(

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
if its hardware failure then why does camera work if i am on gdr1,2 or 3? it just refuses to load under 8.1, looks like more software related to me
i have reverted back to gdr2 with csc ato and then updated my phone via official source at least 10 times already :(

looks like you have 3 choices:
1) use ativ with 8.0 and camera
2) use ativ with 8.1.1 without camera
3) put 8.0 on ativ and sell it

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

I dont know, If I would know I would tell you :)
but I am 90% sure that you did something wrong. Flashing a phone 10 or more times again and again and again isnt a good idea

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so you have ATO and PfD and have received the update, that's great. I still haven't received it tho. :/

Updates are rolled out based on CSC and IMEI Number so you just need to wait, your phone will get it eventually.

I would also say to those people who are using the PfD, when you get the new firmware make sure you do a factory reset as, for me at least, battery life has improved and several bugs from the PfD are now gone.

Last edited:

freubel2002

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Finaly received the dutch upgrade to wp8.1.
After a hour of downloading and installing i have version 8.10.14157.200.
i am wondering if BT stays working in combination with Wifi.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Finaly received the dutch upgrade to wp8.1.
After a hour of downloading and installing i have version 8.10.14157.200.
i am wondering if BT stays working in combination with Wifi.

Yes, that's the OS Version i got too. As for BT, for me it's working. My wi-fi was on (cuz i was surfing) then tried to send photo through bluetooth on my other device (which is running my custom made Windows Mobile 6.5.3 rom) and it did send it. I don't have any bluetooth devices like BT Earpiece, or BT speaker to test it. But i guess, since it manage to send a picture through BT to other device not running WP, I guess it's fine. :)

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so you have ATO and PfD and have received the update, that's great. I still haven't received it tho. :/

If I was using CSC:ATO I might have received the update.
However I stated an Australian user using CSC:ATO had confirmed etc. And provided a link to the forum I read it on.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much !

No problem buddy, but thank me when i found (if i found) a solution to your problem.
And i am really emerging everyone who might know something about gugman's problem, to share it so we can help our ATIV S brother, instead of just telling him what he did wrong. I am pretty sure he is already aware of the mistakes he did. Thank you! :)

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I got the official firmware update this morning.
357625wpss201411040003.jpg
The animations seem way faster than before.
I still have to use the phone to see if there are some issues.
Edit: how come prothor, Boris NevermorE and Appalling Outlook have a different firmware version?
I have Firmware Revision Number: 2424.14.9.3
They have Firmware Revision Number: 2424.14.9.4

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo