Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I cannot try to change CSC as diagnosis crashes every time upon opening.

Uninstall the previous Diagnosis, then open stock dialer and again type ##634# and new diagnosis app will install named Diagnosis_Ody81, that's your new Diagnosis app for WP8.1
I also was occurring the same issue, but when i uninstall and install again it runs perfect now. I did mention this in one of me previous posts about first findings regarding the new OS. :)

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
When I input code in diagnosis, I'm offered by list to change CSC, but didn't tried changing. There is option, for sure.
I don't even have the list, it's totally blank. By the way, how is it possible to do CSC change without hard reset? I did it yesterday from TIM to NEE and it didn't do reset. Instead, it done a quick soft reboot.

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Uninstall the previous Diagnosis, then open stock dialer and again type ##634# and new diagnosis app will install named Diagnosis_Ody81, that's your new Diagnosis app for WP8.1
I also was occurring the same issue, but when i uninstall and install again it runs perfect now. I did mention this in one of me previous posts about first findings regarding the new OS. :)
Thank you for the advice, I should have updated my post as I had done the same before your post. It works again and the name of the app has changed as you described just now.
Don't mind me if I don't read all your posts, you just write too much for my lazy eyes. :wink:
I have the same CSC list as before the firmware update and I can change CSC.
I just don't want to do so.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the advice, I should have updated my post as I had done the same before your post. It works again and the name of the app has changed as you described just now.
Don't mind me if I don't read all your posts, you just write too much for my lazy eyes. :wink:
I have the same CSC list as before the firmware update and I can change CSC.
I just don't want to do so.

Lol, i forgot that you are a lazy aѕѕ, hehe, my bad, oops :)
I like to be thorough and to cover everything what i have been asked in my posts, so we cannot have those extra small questions that will just take too much pages to read, that's why my posts are sometimes that big :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't even have the list, it's totally blank. By the way, how is it possible to do CSC change without hard reset? I did it yesterday from TIM to NEE and it didn't do reset. Instead, it done a quick soft reboot.

And after that soft reset does it changes the CSC? If not then do a manual hard reset to the phone and try again (Settings>About>Reset Phone)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
This is a bit off topic, but had to share it with you guys :)
I have a friend who with years thought that nothing can beats and nothing is more beautiful than Android phones. His last 6 phones were all midrange to highend Android phones. When i bought my ATIV S back in March this year (brand new, not second hand), he was like: "Oh you bought Galaxy S4 and install WP8 Launcher?", (cuz let's face it, ATIV S is more close to the form factor of SGS4 than to SGS3). Anyway, I was like "No, this is actually a WP8 phone" and he was like "Holy sh!t, this looks gorgeous" (and he instantly fell in love with my ATIV S). He spend all sumer looking for a new ATIV S, and he even install WP8 Launcher on his Android phone, lol.
Months passed he couldn't get new ATIV S and cuz he had too many other more important things in his personal life to sort out.
However, he called me today "Hey Boris, I will go to my mobile carrier and search for a WP device, will you come and help me choose one?" and I was of course "Yeah, sure, let's go"
I showed him the full black Nokia Lumia 930 (omg guys, it looks gorgeous in person), and he loved it right away. Still tho, he was kinda disappointed cuz he couldn't get his own ATIV S, but I told him that this device is twice the power of ATIV S and that i am jealous of him now (yeah sure, i was, haha)
Long story short, He called me 3 times in the last 4 hours to tell me how much he loves the device and how happy he is.
Oh yeah, ahead of me are days of my explanation and teaching him how WP actually works, so..... poor me, haha.

P.S. This is my 11th android person to convert him/her to WP8, (yeah i keep record of that, I know, it's lame, LoL)

momonedusa

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys.
I have italian unbranded versione.
I received official update.
I already made 2 factory reset (almost immediately, and strange the apps weren0t reinstalled automatically).
The problem i have now is battery drain.
At night i put in fly mode, at least 15%, and in them orning i found 2% left only...
The only app allowed in the battery setting to work in background are: whatsapp - viber - skype.
I blocked all the others...
Do you have any idea what can be the problem?
Thanks you

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Lol, i forgot that you are a lazy aѕѕ, hehe, my bad, oops :)
I like to be thorough and to cover everything what i have been asked in my posts, so we cannot have those extra small questions that will just take too much pages to read, that's why my posts are sometimes that big :)
:angry:
:wink:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys.
I have italian unbranded versione.
I received official update.
I already made 2 factory reset (almost immediately, and strange the apps weren0t reinstalled automatically).
The problem i have now is battery drain.
At night i put in fly mode, at least 15%, and in them orning i found 2% left only...
The only app allowed in the battery setting to work in background are: whatsapp - viber - skype.
I blocked all the others...
Do you have any idea what can be the problem?
Thanks you

All of that 3 apps are battery drainers.

enm

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi boris, can you check on your device after update if you have ilo csc when you check on diagnosis? Thinking of changing my csc to nee to get update but want to get back after to original ilo csc. Thanks a milion

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
This is a bit off topic, but had to share it with you guys :) ....
Off Topic ?!?
This whole thread is off topic, LOL man, LOL!
But I am glad that you convinced them to Windows Phone or even the Ativ.
Check this Ativ S or HTC 8X, maybe you can help him to decide.

I always say, the Ativ S is between the S3 and S4. It is more than the S3 and a bit less than S4 with the specs.
And with Windows OS it is way better than Android. Especially for battery life.

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi boris, can you check on your device after update if you have ilo csc when you check on diagnosis? Thinking of changing my csc to nee to get update but want to get back after to original ilo csc. Thanks a milion

you can change CSC and update your phone. after update you will have same list of CSC's, including ILO, don't worry
your phone will get a new firmware (new file GT-I8750_*******_R_signed.wp8) not a new CSC (GT-I8750*******_R_SIGNED.csc) which will remain the same

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Off Topic ?!?
This whole thread is off topic, LOL man, LOL!
But I am glad that you convinced them to Windows Phone or even the Ativ.
Check this Ativ S or HTC 8X, maybe you can help him to decide.

I always say, the Ativ S is between the S3 and S4. It is more than the S3 and a bit less than S4 with the specs.
And with Windows OS it is way better than Android. Especially for battery life.

Yup, this day i spend 4 hours at his place showing him how WP works, the tricks about battery savings, which apps can he install, how to control them in Battery Saver, etc. He got the all black Nokia Lumia 930 running WP8.1.1 Cyan. The Lumia 930 look gorgeous in person I must say, altho he kept picking up my ATIV S saying "If only could Lumia had the ATIV S design" , lol he was so funny. I can bet he won't sleep tonight tinkering the phone all night :)

P.S. By the way, the picture was taken with Sony Ericsson K800i, someone remembers that awesome 3.15MP Cyber-Shot camera phone? After so many years, it still takes awesome pictures :)
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k800-1485.php
----------------------------------------------
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Windows Phone 1:0 Android
DSC00024.JPG

Last edited:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
This is a bit off topic, but had to share it with you guys :)
I have a friend who with years thought that nothing can beats and nothing is more beautiful than Android phones. His last 6 phones were all midrange to highend Android phones. When i bought my ATIV S back in March this year (brand new, not second hand), he was like: "Oh you bought Galaxy S4 and install WP8 Launcher?", (cuz let's face it, ATIV S is more close to the form factor of SGS4 than to SGS3). Anyway, I was like "No, this is actually a WP8 phone" and he was like "Holy sh!t, this looks gorgeous" (and he instantly fell in love with my ATIV S). He spend all sumer looking for a new ATIV S, and he even install WP8 Launcher on his Android phone, lol.
Months passed he couldn't get new ATIV S and cuz he had too many other more important things in his personal life to sort out.
However, he called me today "Hey Boris, I will go to my mobile carrier and search for a WP device, will you come and help me choose one?" and I was of course "Yeah, sure, let's go"
I showed him the full black Nokia Lumia 930 (omg guys, it looks gorgeous in person), and he loved it right away. Still tho, he was kinda disappointed cuz he couldn't get his own ATIV S, but I told him that this device is twice the power of ATIV S and that i am jealous of him now (yeah sure, i was, haha)
Long story short, He called me 3 times in the last 4 hours to tell me how much he loves the device and how happy he is.
Oh yeah, ahead of me are days of my explanation and teaching him how WP actually works, so..... poor me, haha.

P.S. This is my 11th android person to convert him/her to WP8, (yeah i keep record of that, I know, it's lame, LoL)

I can offer him my Ativ S for his 930. :D

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I still have one, yes, it takes nice pictures :) I remember back in its days it was quite expensive!
I would say that nice pictures depends on the photographer, I can get decent pictures with a 1MP camera. You're right though the K800i, in its time, had a fantastic camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo