Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
when used yes, but in fly mode...
I think most of us have them on background, i didn't heard such problem.
I had too them in background before 8.1 and never lost more than 1% in night in fly mode,. now 15%!

Try disabling them in the background and see what happens, also it might be wise to do a factory reset if you haven't already as with the new firmware I've been getting over a day out of it.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I still have one, yes, it takes nice pictures :) I remember back in its days it was quite expensive!

Yeah it was expensive in Macedonia too. SE K800i in picture quality department back in those days was what Nokia Lumia 1020 is today among the other smartphones. Nothing could beat that photo beast :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Awesome, altho we already confirmed ETL, but it is always good to have double confirmation, Thanks lexrsk.
So let's do a little summary:
Confirmed CSC's getting latest official WP8.1.1 (non PfD) so far are: ATO, BTU, DBT, ETL, NEE, PHN and TGY.
Confirmed CSC's getting latest WP8.1.1 (on PfD) so far are: BTU

Anyone else got on other CSC's than this mention here or if you find out somewhere else like lexrsk did now, please reply to this post or directly to megadragon998 so he can update the Opening Post of this thread.
Doesn't matter if its non PfD or PfD version of the phone. Just don't forget to mention PfD or non PfD, OS and FW version (before and after) and the CSC name. Screenshots are optional but it's good to have them (if you know what I mean, lol)

Last edited:

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
It is awfully quiet on the update scene.
It has been a week since the last update to WP8.1 on the latest csc NEE
Still a lot of csc's to go.

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yea, and this would be expected if some issues were reported, but everyone seems happy with the update? Ok, if I'm not wrong, there ware a couple of you guys on GDR3 firmware that didn't get the latest firmware update but just the OS update? Maybe that's stopping the updates?

Well, I'm actually still on the GDR2 firmware tho.

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Boris any thoughts regarding my issue?

I read on Serbian forum, about problem with camera. If phone is set to Serbian language camera don't work, but if language on phone is set to English camera is working. I don't know which language you use, but try this.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I read on Serbian forum, about problem with camera. If phone is set to Serbian language camera don't work, but if language on phone is set to English camera is working. I don't know which language you use, but try this.
That is what i pointed out somewhere before in this topic :D. I encourtered some bugs when opening settings app: it shows only the big letters and the description is gone, but it appears after some scrolling. I had same battery bug as on PfD: it was on 15% when i put the phone to charger and it only charged to 20% overnight. Music app lags more that it lagged on PfD. (I thought this was settled but it again started) And lastly (this is actually positive) Temple Run 2 save problem was fixed finally. That's what i encountered while testing the OS but i will add something more as soon as i find out.

vafo

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My wifes ATIV S has a diffrent CSC, on PfD too, and she still hasn't got the update aswell. Gonna check later wich CSC it is...

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Did someone notice that the bluetooth file sharing now works with any kind of device?:love:
Boris NevermorE, in case you specified it in one of your long posts, I inform you that I didn't read it! :grin:

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Yup, this day i spend 4 hours at his place showing him how WP works, the tricks about battery savings, which apps can he install, how to control them in Battery Saver, etc. He got the all black Nokia Lumia 930 running WP8.1.1 Cyan. The Lumia 930 look gorgeous in person I must say, altho he kept picking up my ATIV S saying "If only could Lumia had the ATIV S design" , lol he was so funny. I can bet he won't sleep tonight tinkering the phone all night :)

P.S. By the way, the picture was taken with Sony Ericsson K800i, someone remembers that awesome 3.15MP Cyber-Shot camera phone? After so many years, it still takes awesome pictures :)
Sony Ericsson K800 - Full phone specifications
----------------------------------------------
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Windows Phone 1:0 Android
View attachment 86710
Boris NevermorE, you must have gigantic hands. In the picture it seems that you have an Ativ s mini...:shocked:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Boris NevermorE, you must have gigantic hands. In the picture it seems that you have an Ativ s mini...:shocked:

Well, I do have big hands, lol. I am ex army special force and a martial arts enthusiast, I am 6.2 tall (188cm), 200 pounds (91kg).
Do i look big? Don't think so, I just have big hands. I do operate my ATIV S onehanded tho, lol :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Did someone notice that the bluetooth file sharing now works with any kind of device?:love:
Boris NevermorE, in case you specified it in one of your long posts, I inform you that I didn't read it! :grin:

That's already noted. Bluetooth connectivity is among first things i test on every device. Now it works perfectly. So far I managed to pair and transfer files to and from my ATIV S with:
  • Samsung Omnia i900 (Windows Mobile 6.5.3)
  • LG GM360 (LG Proprietary OS)
  • Sony Ericsson k800i (Java OS)
  • Mototola RAZR V3 (Java OS)
  • Sony Ericsson ARC S (Android Jellybean 4.3)
  • iPhone 4S (iOS 8.1)
  • iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1)
  • LG G2 Mini (Android KitKat 4.4.2)
  • Nokia C3 (Series 40 OS)
  • Nokia Asha 302 (Series 40 OS)
I have to note that even on WP8 GDR3, my ATIV S did manage to do the same like now with WP8.1.1
Anyway, the review is almost complete, it will contain my experience with it. I am not gonna write what option where it is, cuz you have so many other sites out there that already covered that. so you better prepare yourself a beer or big cup of coffee before you start reading, it's going to be a long read, hehe. I should conclude it till Sunday/Monday and post it. :)

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yea, and this would be expected if some issues were reported, but everyone seems happy with the update? Ok, if I'm not wrong, there ware a couple of you guys on GDR3 firmware that didn't get the latest firmware update but just the OS update? Maybe that's stopping the updates?

Well, I'm actually still on the GDR2 firmware tho.

Sorry to hear that man. I will suggest you to somehow update yourself to GDR3 with flashing a rom that contains one of the CSC's i did mention in above post CSC's that are confirmed to get the WP8.1.1 and try it from there to get the new OS.
The method megadragon998 wrote in the opening post on this thread is pretty safe if you know how to do it.

Last edited:

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I do have big hands, lol. I am ex army special force and a martial arts enthusiast, I am 6.2 tall (188cm), 200 pounds (91kg).
Do i look big? Don't think so, I just have big hands. I do operate my ATIV S onehanded tho, lol :)
I am 16 year old and i don't think i have big hands, but i operate ATIV S onehanded too. I just can't use it double handed, it looks kinda weird to me lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99