Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So please add your comments about why you picked the Ativ S here
I don't see them new guys have a post there, so please do.

Offtopic hey!!

Ok, it offers everything I want in a Windows Phone. Removable Battery, SD Card slot and, until the Lumia 1520, the largest display on a Windows Phone.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
the whole topic is a huge off topic
main title is: Expecting Samsung Ativ S firmware update?
but 90% of posts (this too) is about something else

Off topic it may be but this thread was created when we were waiting for the WP8.1 firmware which is now rolling out.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's already noted. Bluetooth connectivity is among first things i test on every device. Now it works perfectly. So far I managed to pair and transfer files to and from my ATIV S with:
  • Samsung Omnia i900 (Windows Mobile 6.5.3)
  • LG GM360 (LG Proprietary OS)
  • Sony Ericsson k800i (Java OS)
  • Mototola RAZR V3 (Java OS)
  • Sony Ericsson ARC S (Android Jellybean 4.3)
  • iPhone 4S (iOS 8.1)
  • iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1)
  • LG G2 Mini (Android KitKat 4.4.2)
  • Nokia C3 (Series 40 OS)
  • Nokia Asha 302 (Series 40 OS)
I have to note that even on WP8 GDR3, my ATIV S did manage to do the same like now with WP8.1.1
Anyway, the review is almost complete, it will contain my experience with it. I am not gonna write what option where it is, cuz you have so many other sites out there that already covered that. so you better prepare yourself a beer or big cup of coffee before you start reading, it's going to be a long read, hehe. I should conclude it till Sunday/Monday and post it. :)

You can also add the Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.3 and the HTC Desire running Android 2.3 (needs an SD Card to save files though) to that list, I just tested it by sending a picture.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've jumped ship waiting for a firmware update to roll out on my T899M, we'll sort of, went with the Lumia 830. Too early to compare the two but can honestly say the Ativ S still holds its own from my perspective, if and when it gets updated I'll still be able to use as a backup via swapping sim with my 1020, was and still is a great daily driver especially as far as my work is concerned.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So, according to some users here, WE who got 8.1.1 should leave the thread or close the thread only cuz this thread went "off topic"? Seriously guys? The majority ATIV S users are the users that still haven't got the new 8.1.1 that we the minority are enjoying it now. Most of our most helpful users got the 8.1.1, so if they leave the thread, who is going to explain or help to not that much techy users who come here for help and still are on WP8 GDR3 (some of them are even still on GDR2 and 1). Whoever think that he/she doesn't wanna hang out on this thread anymore is free to go, unsubscribe or whatever from this thread. We thank you for all your contribution and help you provide here.
As for me, I am staying here and will continue helping others as much as i can and know.
Cheers :)

P.S. For the newcomers here: Please, i am sure that whatever question you have regarding update of your ATIV S, I am 99% sure that your question is already answered in the pages of this thread. Do some little reading (browsing) before ask a question. Everyone's time is precious here, so respect that. Thank you :)

enm

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi ori, type ##634# thats opens diag app then type *#321647335 and that will open csc's option. Choose NEE and that will hard reset your cell then check update on cell and do it again after first update.
Worked for me and im now on 8.1.1 hope i helped and you can pm me for help

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi ori, type ##364# thats opens diag app then type *#321647335 and that will open csc's option. Choose NEE and that will hard reset your cell then check update on cell and do it again after first update.
Isn't the code to install Diagnosis app ##634# ? Or this one works too?

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi ori, type ##364# thats opens diag app then type *#321647335 and that will open csc's option. Choose NEE and that will hard reset your cell then check update on cell and do it again after first update.
I'm pretty sure it's ##634#

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
This is going to be the first weekend without an update for any CSC :unhappy:

The last couple of weekends people were getting them updates to WP8.1
And now it just stopped!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members