Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Seems to me I don't have reboots when using bluetooth and wifi at the same time with 8.1.1 and new firmware, I got them on GDR3. Really pleased with this phone now.

vafo

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask, tho it sounds stupid, does unchecking PfD do anything to update possibly sooner? (might change the subscription channel or whatever)

I've seen several people on the thread stating they checked or unchecked PfD on the Preview for developers app, but no real conclusion as to that might or not be effective.

​Still no update on PfD DBT =/

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask, tho it sounds stupid, does unchecking PfD do anything to update possibly sooner? (might change the subscription channel or whatever)

I've seen several people on the thread stating they checked or unchecked PfD on the Preview for developers app, but no real conclusion as to that might or not be effective.

​Still no update on PfD DBT =/

No it doesn't. I didn't have mine unchecked and still got the update.

Jalex23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Just checked

No Ativ S update of any sort for Rogers Canada.... :cry:

I would like to read the entire thread as Boris suggested but all i see is Boris commenting.... not about Ativ S.... so I will assume that there is an update somewhere in the world and that we will get it sometime.... :crying:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Just checked

I would like to read the entire thread as Boris suggested but all i see is Boris commenting.... not about Ativ S.... so I will assume that there is an update somewhere in the world and that we will get it sometime.... :crying:

You don't need to read the whole thread, there is a search option right up there to search not the forum but the thread too.
anyway, Is your ATIV S a T899M variant? if it is, than this forum is mainly for international version of ATIV S i8750. :)
And Boris is not just commenting here, Boris is sharing info with others. I am not a Samsung nor Microsoft employee to know this things 100% true, but for what i read from numerous sites, i share what i am finding. That doesn't necessarily means it is 100% true information. Also beside commenting i do help less techy people here understand their phones better. :)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just checked

Feeling your pain. Using an unlocked Rogers T899M from Canada in the US and waiting...

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit confused, I tried reading here but didn't get any good results. Help would be appreciated.

Device #1 - ATIV S, unlocked with original CSC - ILO. Upgraded to 8.1 with developer preview program.
Device #2 - ATIV S, unlocked with original CSC - ILO. Running 8.0 GDR3, not enrolled to the DP program.

What I tried to do -

Device #1 - Check for updates w/o DP - got nothing. Tried updating to 8.1.1 but got the 0x80188308 error. Went into the diagnose app, changed the CSC to NEE (from ILO). Asked me if I want to restart automatically. I clicked yes, but nothing happened. Restarted the phone, checked and CSC was indeed NEE. Tried updating (without DP app checked in), but it told me that there were not updates. tried hard reset, same.

Device #2 - Still didnt do anything, waiting for advice :)

Did I miss anything ?

Thanks a lot!

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
csc ILO is not yet confimed with the WP8.1 update.
If you had read this thread on and offtopic than you already could find it.
See post #1266 and #1396, just 3 pages back.

But hey it is stupid with them update.
Because I read worldwide that some people with ATO and DBT still do not get the WP8.1 update.
And those csc are already confirmed with the new update.

I think sammie stopped for us and went to the NEO with them update

migsy111

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly the Ativ S is the best mobile phone I've owned - and I've owned a lot of different phones over the last 20 odd years.

This roll-out to 8.1 is frustrating. I kind of wish that I'd been able to ignore it as the phone does everything I need a phone to do - and it does it quickly. That being said I'm now thinking that (with 1 year left on my contract with Bell Canada) by the time I'm eligible to upgrade my phone with no penalty I may still be waiting for the 8.1 update but, at least, will likely have the option of going with Windows Phone 10.

Even with the waiting on this update I will stay with Windows Phone - it's the best phone OS for my needs.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm a bit confused, I tried reading here but didn't get any good results. Help would be appreciated.

Device #1 - ATIV S, unlocked with original CSC - ILO. Upgraded to 8.1 with developer preview program.
Device #2 - ATIV S, unlocked with original CSC - ILO. Running 8.0 GDR3, not enrolled to the DP program.

What I tried to do -

Device #1 - Check for updates w/o DP - got nothing. Tried updating to 8.1.1 but got the 0x80188308 error. Went into the diagnose app, changed the CSC to NEE (from ILO). Asked me if I want to restart automatically. I clicked yes, but nothing happened. Restarted the phone, checked and CSC was indeed NEE. Tried updating (without DP app checked in), but it told me that there were not updates. tried hard reset, same.

Device #2 - Still didnt do anything, waiting for advice :)

Did I miss anything ?

Thanks a lot!

Device #1: It's a phone running on PfD, so CSC's confirmed getting the Samsung firmware (8.1.1) are ATO and BTU. ATO is Austrian CSC, BTU is English CSC. Try with those if you have them, the update maybe won't start rolling right away (usually it does), but wait for .... let's say 24 hours, check again and see what happens. neo158 has his ATIV S on ATO (if I am not mistaken) and got the 8.1.1 firmware. Make sure your PfD is checked ON.

Device #2: As you said, this is a phone not rolled PfD, so, CSC's that got 8.1.1 are
- ATO - Austrian
- BTU - British
- DBT - German
- ETL - Not sure about this, guess it's Slovakia (someone correct me if i am wrong)
- NEE - Nordic (Sweden, Norway, Finland, etc)
- PHN - I think is Netherland
- TGY - probably Hong Kong
So, if you choose NEE and you don't have the new official update 8.1.1 in 24 hours, or you get the error, then try with changing Language and Region to Sweden and Swedish and check again. If that doesn't work, try any other CSC i mention above and report back if you get something positive :)

Snomii

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I must say Im also starting to get pissed with this selective rollout nonsense... Is it the same with android or iOS phones?
Cant imagine not being able to update my computer because I dont have the right bios number or that my card reader is not on the list for eligible update. :mad:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I must say Im also starting to get pissed with this selective rollout nonsense... Is it the same with android or iOS phones?
Cant imagine not being able to update my computer because I dont have the right bios number or that my card reader is not on the list for eligible update. :mad:

It's the same with Android but IOS updates their phones at the same time (since all their phones are pretty much the same, while Android and Windows have different phones for different OEMs).

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm with you on this one, add to that poor device availability globally and it really becomes irksome

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Device #1: It's a phone running on PfD, so CSC's confirmed getting the Samsung firmware (8.1.1) are ATO and BTU. ATO is Austrian CSC, BTU is English CSC. Try with those if you have them, the update maybe won't start rolling right away (usually it does), but wait for .... let's say 24 hours, check again and see what happens. neo158 has his ATIV S on ATO (if I am not mistaken) and got the 8.1.1 firmware. Make sure your PfD is checked ON.

Device #2: As you said, this is a phone not rolled PfD, so, CSC's that got 8.1.1 are
- ATO - Austrian
- BTU - British
- DBT - German
- ETL - Not sure about this, guess it's Slovakia (someone correct me if i am wrong)
- NEE - Nordic (Sweden, Norway, Finland, etc)
- PHN - I think is Netherland
- TGY - probably Hong Kong
So, if you choose NEE and you don't have the new official update 8.1.1 in 24 hours, or you get the error, then try with changing Language and Region to Sweden and Swedish and check again. If that doesn't work, try any other CSC i mention above and report back if you get something positive :)

Thanks!

I changed device #2 to NEE, and 1 hour later I got it to version 8.1.1.
Device #1 is still having problems, I think it might be something with the PfD. I will try to downgrade to 8.0 and do everything like I did with device #2.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!

I changed device #2 to NEE, and 1 hour later I got it to version 8.1.1.
Device #1 is still having problems, I think it might be something with the PfD. I will try to downgrade to 8.0 and do everything like I did with device #2.

Glad you got at least on one of your devices :) Do report back what you did and how with Device 1 :)

Martijn de Haas

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm: CSC PHN is Netherlands.

I've update to 8.1.1 with official firmware about 1,5 week a go. For me the ativ S is perfect now:
- fixed ringtone bug
- fixed camera bug
- fixed bouetooth issues with Renault carkit (very happy with!)
- much better battery-life: from 24h to 36h with same usage (no hard reset done)

Sorry for my bad english :unhappysweat:

enm

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone have a black screen after csc change, i did hard reset.. didnt work... what should i do?
Hi ori, thats weird.. If your phone is bricked try threw computer to flash again (download mode) check first post. But there are peaple here that knows better then me😐

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos