Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

themainman

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just checked
No Ativ S update of any sort for Rogers Canada.... :cry:

Feeling your pain. Using an unlocked Rogers T899M from Canada in the US and waiting...

For Rogers phones, they list their OS update schedule on the following website: communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355
When I've asked customer care on twitter, they said to keep watching that link as it gets updated when they test out new OSes.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Device #1: It's a phone running on PfD, so CSC's confirmed getting the Samsung firmware (8.1.1) are ATO and BTU. ATO is Austrian CSC, BTU is English CSC. Try with those if you have them, the update maybe won't start rolling right away (usually it does), but wait for .... let's say 24 hours, check again and see what happens. neo158 has his ATIV S on ATO (if I am not mistaken) and got the 8.1.1 firmware. Make sure your PfD is checked ON.

Device #2: As you said, this is a phone not rolled PfD, so, CSC's that got 8.1.1 are
- ATO - Austrian
- BTU - British
- DBT - German
- ETL - Not sure about this, guess it's Slovakia (someone correct me if i am wrong)
- NEE - Nordic (Sweden, Norway, Finland, etc)
- PHN - I think is Netherland
- TGY - probably Hong Kong
So, if you choose NEE and you don't have the new official update 8.1.1 in 24 hours, or you get the error, then try with changing Language and Region to Sweden and Swedish and check again. If that doesn't work, try any other CSC i mention above and report back if you get something positive :)

Mine is on BTU which I believe is BriTish Universal or something similar. Basically it's the UK SIM free version.

I was also running the PfD as well.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I fixed my problem, and upgrade to windows 8.1
but i dont have cortana!!! why?!?!

Which country are you in, Cortana is only officially available in beta the US, UK and China and in alpha in India, Australia and Canada. In all of those countries except the US you need to have update 1 installed as well.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've deleted a couple of off-topic posts.

As a reminder, please keep the discussions here on-topic and polite.

If you can't do the first, find another thread that's on-topic for what you want to say there.

If you can't do the second, please shout into a cushion and don't bring it here.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've deleted a couple of off-topic posts.

As a reminder, please keep the discussions here on-topic and polite.

If you can't do the first, find another thread that's on-topic for what you want to say there.

If you can't do the second, please shout into a cushion and don't bring it here.

Looks as though you deleted a few legitimate posts as well.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep, a few got swept up, sorry about that, they were kind of buried in the sorry mess of unpleasantness.

Now restored.

Thank you Pete :)
This guy Pappale was already reported for behavior like this before. Really I don't know what was his problem, especially with me. Don't know if he was jealous or something or just attention seeker or a simple troll.
We'll try to keep this thread clean as we could. :)

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry for his behavior and if i somehow helped it. I also want to report that there are occasional battery problems with official firmware even after hard reset. The problem is that it stays on charger but doesn't fill a single percent.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Any news if Bell is sending the firmware soon or if there is any place we can see when they will release any updates?

For my SGH-T899M.

Thanks!

Mathieu

Mathieu, you might wanna subscribe on this 2 threads too for any further news about your phone:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...99m-8-1-official-samsung-firmware-update.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...ell-canada-ativ-s-firmware-2424-14-9-3-a.html
Of course you can stay here too cuz it is in general about ATIV S, but all talk is mostly about ATIV S i8750 (the international version).
If T899M got the 8.1.1 update, please post here too, so more people can know about it :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
i received an update as soon as i turned up the preview for dev( dunno why it was disabled)

How do i know i am up-to-date?

This is a minor update for users on PfD. It's Critical Update.
Anyway, if your OS Version is 8.10.14203.306 (last number differs, the balded one matters), you are up to date with the latest.
There was an article today on News page of Windows Central, guess you missed it, here is it for you:
New Windows Phone 8.1.1 build 14203 available to download | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)