Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

vafo

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My wifes crc is no longer relevant after she left her ATIV S outside a pharmacy this sunday and we only managed to find after one hour in the rain and a couple or two cars running over it. Surprisingly, it still rings when I call it...

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Just in case, try to manually hard reset it and then see what happens.

Let's see what happens with motel75 before I hard reset mine by changing the csc. Seems like in his case even changing the CSC to the ones that supposedly work, doesn't do anything.

By the way, how do I get to post screenshots in this forum? This is my 11th post and I still don't get any option to post screenshots on the forum.

Thx very much

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris,
I am finally able to upload my "about" page and the "CSC" code page. Take a look at my "about" page please. Have you ever seen a FW like that? Am I on GDR2 but using PFD?
Thanks

AdobePhotoshopExpress_3a585f04d094420a9654902bb291be7d.jpg

wp_ss_20141116_0002.jpg

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
@ Kambiz IranParast
This is very strange.
You have to the OS of WP8.1.1
and the FW of WP8.0 GDR2

How the hell did you get the latest update of WP8.1.1.
Never mind, I went back to your first post, and read that you got it with PfD.

I think it has to do with the Thailand CSC that you did not get the firmware update.

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
@ Kambiz IranParast
This is very strange.
You have to the OS of WP8.1.1
and the FW of WP8.0 GDR2

How the hell did you get the latest update of WP8.1.1.
Never mind, I went back to your first post, and read that you got it with PfD.

I think it has to do with the Thailand CSC that you did not get the firmware update.

Thx for your input.
I'm experiencing this ridiculous camera/flash problem and it has caused me to miss many good pictures including some in my Hawaii vacation right on my birthday!

What's your suggestion?
1. Just wait and hope for a FW update?
2. Change CSC and hard reset and hope for an update?
3. Flash a new GDR2 ROM with ATO CSC and hope for updates?
4. Quit hope and go back to Android?!

Boris suggested number 2 first. However, I'm waiting to see what becomes of Motel75. Seems like he changed his CSC to ATO and it didn't help him anyways.

Any input is very much appreciated.

Thx bro

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thx for your input.
I'm experiencing this ridiculous camera/flash problem and it has caused me to miss many good pictures including some in my Hawaii vacation right on my birthday!

What's your suggestion?

Boris suggested number 2 first. However, I'm waiting to see what becomes of Motel75. Seems like he changed his CSC to ATO and it didn't help him anyways.

Any input is very much appreciated.

Thx bro

I would say 1, 2 or 3 are good choices. If you really need the camera then temporarily use an Android device if you have one spare. Other than that Changing the CSC is something to try but also remember that updates roll out based on two criteria, CSC and IMEI number. Option 3 is another one to try but, again, you'll hit that IMEI number criteria.

Option 1 is the best option but you could be in for a long wait if you choose that route.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
So I changed the CSC to ATO, hard reset the phone, tried updating ... and it said the phone was up to date. Loaded the PfD, signed in, tried updating ... same thing.

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I would say 1, 2 or 3 are good choices. If you really need the camera then temporarily use an Android device if you have one spare. Other than that Changing the CSC is something to try but also remember that updates roll out based on two criteria, CSC and IMEI number. Option 3 is another one to try but, again, you'll hit that IMEI number criteria.

Option 1 is the best option but you could be in for a long wait if you choose that route.

Thx very much Neo.

I've got some thinking to do. I'll wait until 20 December. If I don't get an update by that time, then I'll try number 2 and then 3. Don't want to miss some more good pics during Christmas and the new year!

Thx again

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
What's your suggestion?

A lot of people are waiting and hoping for an OS and/or FW update.
Option 2 is no option for you, cause none of your CSC is confirmed to get the update, yet.
You could always do option 3 or just go back to WP8.0 GDR2 with a working camera and wait for WP8.1 update
But never go for option 4. :smile:

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
And then I changed the CSC to DBT, hard reset, still nothing.

Thx very much for the info Motel75. Every bit of info helps.

I guess it's safe to say (based on your experience) that the FW or OS update is not dependent ONLY on the CSC. It might be dependent on CSC and IEMI as Neo said.

Or then again the God of Samsung might be looking down now saying:
" Behold, I am the LORD and I work in mysterious ways. It's a totally random process and has nothing to do with CSC our IMEI"!

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello there!

I've got a question concerning the new firmware and the corresponding bluetooth version/compatibility.
(I'm trying to find compatible bluetooth devices, Bluetooth smart, Bluetooth LE, etc.)
How can I check the compatibility? Diagnosis codes seem not to give the version and available information apps in store do not display this kind of information.

Thank you very much for your help.

(for info I've updated to the latest firmware using the following: a flash back to GDR2 with ATO CSC and updated everything, all went fine).

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello there!

I've got a question concerning the new firmware and the corresponding bluetooth version/compatibility.
(I'm trying to find compatible bluetooth devices, Bluetooth smart, Bluetooth LE, etc.)
How can I check the compatibility? Diagnosis codes seem not to give the version and available information apps in store do not display this kind of information.

Thank you very much for your help.

(for info I've updated to the latest firmware using the following: a flash back to GDR2 with ATO CSC and updated everything, all went fine).

Hi Mirakle,

Sorry. I can't answer your question but I like to ask you a question.

Can you please tell me which one of the procedures you used to flash your Rom to GDR2 with CSC of ATO?

There are too many different procedures in this forum. Did you use the one on the very first page of this forum written by "megadragon998"?

Thx very much

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Mirakle,

Sorry. I can't answer your question but I like to ask you a question.

Can you please tell me which one of the procedures you used to flash your Rom to GDR2 with CSC of ATO?

There are too many different procedures in this forum. Did you use the one on the very first page of this forum written by "megadragon998"?

Thx very much

Many used the method posted in the opening post of this thread (the first post) successfully, that's why that post is edited later with that method.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you got some answers already?

BTW: (going really offtopic now) You might wanna change your signature, as Bill Cosby is being accused for rape and what not.

Or I can just delete his name at the end of the signature, right? :) Nah, will think of something else, I did get bored with this already but i am too lazy to change it :)
Yeah, I have contacted few WP hackers/developers/geeks about this, and they told me that there is no code for that ... yet. But soon as they find a code or a way to see that, they will posted. I am XDA-Developer member since ... dunno... maybe their start? So over the years there and also being a contributed WM6.5 developer on those forums i gain some cool friendships. Bottom line, if they find a way or code for that, I will be posted that here ASAP. :)

EDIT: Better signature now? :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99