Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
guys guess what... today i just updated to the latest firmware... all u need to do is change your CSC to NEE or the ones that work... the best thing is after changing the CSC... U DON;T HAVE TO RESET YOUR PHONE! just change the CSC... restart ur phone and then check the updates... then voila! update will automatically download then u install! its so simple! whole process took just less than 10 mins! give it a try!

That's not necessarily the case, it just means that your IMEI is in a block that it rolled out to in that region.

gohaaron

May 29, 2013
Visit site
My original CSC is AUT which was Swiss. So I changed my CSC to NEE using the diagnosis tool. Then I went to check update and straight away it downloaded it. Don't think its the matter of the IMEI it's just the region of the CSC which triggers the update

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My original CSC is AUT which was Swiss. So I changed my CSC to NEE using the diagnosis tool. Then I went to check update and straight away it downloaded it. Don't think its the matter of the IMEI it's just the region of the CSC which triggers the update

Yet others have changed their CSC and had no update, therefore the IMEI number DOES make a difference. How do you think they know what phones to roll the updates out to?

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Good news everyone!

Completed the update to my phone it is working perfectly. Love the new UI and features, it much more refined than the developer preview I tried back May. Obviously they ironed out all the kinks.

I regret not doing it sooner as suggested by Boris NevermorE earlier this month.

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I am now getting to know my 'new phone' I will post my experiences.

View attachment 88735

Bad news everyone!

After running WP 8.1.1 for nearly four days without any problems. My phone hanged this morning after I performed a soft reset, it is now continuously rebooting itself every minute. This is the same problem I had when I installed the WP 8.1 developer preview in April earlier this year.

Not sure if it is related to my firmware, I will do a hard reset later on. But if its like the my WP 8.1 developer preview experience it may not work.

I think I am screwed as my warranty has expired I cannot take it back to Samsung like back in April to get it flash back to original WP 8.

Any advice?

-------------------
unbranded Samsung ATIVS S Hong Kong

WP 8.1.1 official update, no developer preview installed.
CSC : TGY
Firmware :2608.13.01.1
Bootloader version : 12.12.20.17

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Updated.

After do a hard reset the problem is not resolved...:cry:

Ok, lets try this, I don't know it will work but this is probably some bad app installation.
Uninstall every app in the list that can be uninstalled. Soft reset the phone and see what happens. If it doesn't reboot on it's own again like it is rebooting now, then you are good to go. Next step is to install one app in a time (from the ones you have been installed previously). So, this means like: Install that one app, and run it, play with it for some time (around 15 minutes) if nothing happens, go to the next app, and so on and so on the same way as with the first app. This is to check if the phones behavior is due to a bad app installation. Once we eliminate that (or confirm), we will take it from there. Rather than contacts, do not back up anything else. This is the sacrifice you might need to take.
Report back with the results.

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your advice Boris.

Actually, I ended up doing a factory reset just to clear everything out and start a fresh.

But still same problem continuously reboots every minute. Help!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your advice Boris.

Actually, I ended up doing a factory reset just to clear everything out and start a fresh.

But still same problem continuously reboots every minute. Help!

I thought that after your hard reset you restore your back up along with the apps. But, as Dusan Randj suggested, you should do flashing down to GDR2 and take it from there :)

Twigglet12

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen in this thread a listing of what CSCs are included in each of the various ROMs so I thought I'd look inside the CSC files and make a list, so here goes:

GDR2

GT-I8750_OXABME1_R_SIGNED.csc contains:

ATO, BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, XEO

GDR3

GT-I8750_OXACMJ1_R_SIGNED.csc contains:

ATO, BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, XEO

GT-I8750OXXCMK2_R_SIGNED.csc contains:

AUT, BSE, COA, EPL, ETL, EUR, HTS, HUI, ILO, MBM, MTL, NEE, NZC, O2C, O2I, O2U, ONE, OPS, OPT, ORX, PCL, PHE, PHN, PRO, PRT, PTR, SEB, SEE, SER, SIO, SWC, TEN, TIM, TMN, TNZ, TOP, TPH, TRA, VNZ, VVT, XEC, XEH, XFA, XFV, XSA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers