Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Greeting All.

Just to let you all know, I have flashed my ATIV S back to WP GDR3 using instructions from this forum and this time I changed the CSC code to NEE. As I read this version will get WP 8.1.1 update quicker and there was no option to set to ATO.

WP8GDR3.png

After installing WP 8 GDR3, I got the upgrade notification for WP 8.1.1, but this time I noticed it was the Samung official notification with official firmware. Previously I noticed it mentioned only Microsoft update.

So I just went ahead and installed the WP8.1.1 update.

WPUpdate.png

After update is completed I am on latest firmware and WP 8.1.1. Also my firmware is now the same version as those reported by other users 2424.14.9.4.

So I think my previous problem was caused by my firmware version

WP811.png

My phone has been running normally for the last two day now, initially I have performed several soft reboot to ensure it does not have previous problem.

Thanks all for all your help and support. I will keep you updated on any further problems.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Greeting All.

Just to let you all know, I have flashed my ATIV S back to WP GDR3 using instructions from this forum and this time I changed the CSC code to NEE. As I read this version will get WP 8.1.1 update quicker and there was no option to set to ATO.

View attachment 89642

After installing WP 8 GDR3, I got the upgrade notification for WP 8.1.1, but this time I noticed it was the Samung official notification with official firmware. Previously I noticed it mentioned only Microsoft update.

View attachment 89643

After update is completed I am on latest firmware and WP 8.1.1. Also my firmware is now the same version as those reported by other users 2424.14.9.4.

View attachment 89644

My phone has been running normally for the last two day now, initially I have performed several soft reboot to ensure it does not have previous problem.

Thanks all for all your help and support. I will keep you updated on any further problems.

So, are you liking it a little more now with the firmware?

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Greeting All.

View attachment 89642

View attachment 89643

View attachment 89644

I did exactly what you did and it worked. I finally have a windows phone 8.1 update 1 with the correct firmware. This means that my camera issue is resolved and I've got a great phone and camera to start the new year with!

Thx buddy

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
So, are you liking it a little more now with the firmware?

It now day three on WP 8.1.1 thing on going smoothly no issues so far.

With new firmware even Cortana is now working. Previously could not get it to work even when set to US or UK region and language.

But I did notice the battery life seems to be shorter on this firmware and WP 8.1.1 compared with my previous Hong Kong firmware & WP 8.1.1 (Although I only used it for 4 days before it screwed up!), it actually worse than the battery life when I was running WP 8 GDR3 on my Hong Kong firmware.

I have already followed the Microsoft instructions/recommendations on battery life. Any advice you guys can give me? or do I need to replace my battery as I have been using this phone since May 2013.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

With new firmware even Cortana is now working. Previously could not get it to work even when set to US or UK region and language.

But I did notice the battery life seems to be shorter on this firmware and WP 8.1.1 compared with my previous Hong Kong firmware & WP 8.1.1 (Although I only used it for 4 days before it screwed up!), it actually worse than the battery life when I was running WP 8 GDR3 on my Hong Kong firmware.

I have already followed the Microsoft instructions/recommendations on battery life. Any advice you guys can give me? or do I need to replace my battery as I have been using this phone since May 2013.

Well, my battery life with the newest firmware is better than it was with WP8 GDR3, and with WP8 GDR3 was awesome battery life, now do the math, lol.
Anyway, give it a time, see if this battery life keeps in the next 2-3 weeks. If it does, my advice would be to get a spare battery. Make sure it's an original battery for ATIV S, cuz the NFC chip is built in the battery not on the phone. And then test the new battery, but keep in mind that the new battery will need some time to adjust to the working habits of the phone, usually takes couple of weeks to a month. :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

A factory reset fixes the battery life issues, mine was the same until I did a factory reset and now I get a day to a day and a half out of it again.

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I noticed on WP 8.1.1 even though my lock screen is password protected.

If I swipe down on the Action Centre, I am can enable/disable the WIFI, Rotation Lock, Adjust Screen Brightness and even startup the camera and take a picture? Anyone else seeing this behaviour?
This is without me entering the unlock password!!!

Strange, it will prompt you for unlock password if you try to enable Location.!!

lockscreen.png

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I noticed on WP 8.1.1 even though my lock screen is password protected.

If I swipe down on the Action Centre, I am can enable/disable the WIFI, Rotation Lock, Adjust Screen Brightness and even startup the camera and take a picture? Anyone else seeing this behaviour?
This is without me entering the unlock password!!!

Strange, it will prompt you for unlock password if you try to enable Location.!!

View attachment 89995

That's normal, cuz when your lock screen is password protected, if you tap let's say Wi-Fi, it will toggle the wifi, but if you tap it twice (double tap), it should be getting you to the Wi-Fi settings, but since your screen is pass protected it will ask you for the password. Same goes for Bluetooth, Camera and Rotation Lock, cuz they are quick toggles, they don't go deeper than that.
Alternatively you can switch that off from settings, so the only time you can swipe down the Notification Center is when your device is unlocked. Hope I made it clear, cuz i was about to go to sleep and i am very sleepy atm, but i saw your question and had to answer you. :)

IntoTheSun

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I too switched to NEE from COA (Romania) and got WP8.1 just like HKATIVS.
I hope I'll be able to restore everything from the backup. :)

Well, I can't restore anything. I should have done it right after the CSC change. I didn't sign in after the reset but went straight to the 8.1 update and now restoring is no longer an option.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I too switched to NEE from COA (Romania) and got WP8.1 just like HKATIVS.I hope I'll be able to restore everything from the backup. :)...Well, I can't restore anything. I should have done it right after the CSC change. I didn't sign in after the reset but went straight to the 8.1 update and now restoring is no longer an option.
Did you change the CSC back to COA, that might be why backups won't restore.

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I too switched to NEE from COA (Romania) and got WP8.1 just like HKATIVS.
I hope I'll be able to restore everything from the backup. :)

Well, I can't restore anything. I should have done it right after the CSC change. I didn't sign in after the reset but went straight to the 8.1 update and now restoring is no longer an option.

Congratulations on successfully flashing and upgrading to WP 8.1.1.

Glad my experiences have helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99