Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Bazza1603

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Help Please!

My phone just updated and started continuously rebooting.

Tried press Down key and power and get a electric sign and a cog?

Any ideas how to get it to load past the windows logo!

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Did you install the latest preview for developers? Many people have problem with today update. It's best for you to reflash back to gdr3 and DON"T install latest PfD.

IntoTheSun

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you change the CSC back to COA, that might be why backups won't restore.
Oh no, I won't switch back to COA. I already installed what I need and will stick with NEE.

I noticed the web interface of my Asus router N56U is unusable in 8.1 IE or any other browser I tried.

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Congrats bro, enjoy the beautiful and fluid 8.1.1 on your Ativ S :)

Hi Norris,
Hi anyone who can help me with the following problem:

My phone is working great after flashing the ROM and getting the 8.1.1 update and I have no complaints whatsoever. Just a question for anyone who can answer.

I can't use the "project my screen" function wirelessly on my Samsung Ativ but it connects perfectly on my backup windows phone which is a Nokia Lumia 635.

Here are the pictures from my Samsung Ativ when I try to connect:
Ativ1.jpg
And
Ativ2.jpg

Here are my screenshots from Nokia and as you can see it has already connected to my TV:
Nokia1.jpg

And
Nokia2.jpg

You can also see that in my Nokia Windows phone's advanced settings, I have a "fix" button but I don't have that on my Samsung Ativ S.

Any thoughts on how to get my Samsung to project to the screen wirelessly?

Thanks very much

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20141206_0002.pngwp_ss_20141206_0001.png

I was forced to flash back a GDR3 ROM ...
I lost my original CSC (I never understood what it was as it was showed as an empty string ... )

Now I can't get the Samsung Firmware update any amore ...

I tried both ATO and BTU and I tried changing region to Sweden or England.

Some one could tell me what should I do to trigger the firmware update ?

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Help Please!

Tried press Down key and power and get a electric sign and a cog?

Any ideas how to get it to load past the windows logo!
Sorry the hear that.

Looks like you hit the same problem as me. Infinite rebooting. The only way I resolved this was to flash back to WP 8 GDR 3 and change CSC to NEE and upgrade back to WP 8.1.1. (Be careful when doing this as it could brick your phone)

I used the instruction on the following thread to revert back to WP8 GDR3

http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...guide]-how-revert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp.html

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I flashed GDR3 to have my Ativ S back :( infinite reboot

Which CSC you choose when you flashed back to GDR 3?

I performed the procedure a few days ago. But I used NEE instead (read NEE receive WP 8.1 updates quicker) of my original CSC code (TGY) which was not listed in the software.

Last edited:

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
That's normal, cuz when your lock screen is password protected, if you tap let's say Wi-Fi, it will toggle the wifi, but if you tap it twice (double tap), it should be getting you to the Wi-Fi settings, but since your screen is pass protected it will ask you for the password. Same goes for Bluetooth, Camera and Rotation Lock, cuz they are quick toggles, they don't go deeper than that.
Alternatively you can switch that off from settings, so the only time you can swipe down the Notification Center is when your device is unlocked. Hope I made it clear, cuz i was about to go to sleep and i am very sleepy atm, but i saw your question and had to answer you. :)

Boris,

Thanks for interrupting your sleep to reply. I think I did not explain myself properly in my previous post.

I have a password set on the my lock screen. With my locked without entering the lock screen password, I am able to access the Action Centre and when I put camera icon there I can startup the camera and take a picture.

But my phone is still locked with password!!! Not sure if its a ATiV S or WP 8.1.1 problem?

LockScreen.png

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 90089View attachment 90090

I was forced to flash back a GDR3 ROM ...
I lost my original CSC (I never understood what it was as it was showed as an empty string ... )

Now I can't get the Samsung Firmware update any amore ...

I tried both ATO and BTU and I tried changing region to Sweden or England.

Some one could tell me what should I do to trigger the firmware update ?

As I remeber from reading this thread before (maybe things changed or I'm wrong) updating from WP8 GDR3 to 8.1.1 was problematic, you may get software update, but no firmware update... so as it is suggested in first post in this you should instead flashed GDR2 (ATO), then get OTA GDR3 and finally get official 8.1.1 with firmware.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
As I remeber from reading this thread before (maybe things changed or I'm wrong) updating from WP8 GDR3 to 8.1.1 was problematic, you may get software update, but no firmware update... so as it is suggested in first post in this you should instead flashed GDR2 (ATO), then get OTA GDR3 and finally get official 8.1.1 with firmware.

Good explanation Dusan, I was about to suggest Dragone the same. Guess Dragone get the MS update but left with the firmware from WP8 GDR3.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Boris,

Thanks for interrupting your sleep to reply. I think I did not explain myself properly in my previous post.

I have a password set on the my lock screen. With my locked without entering the lock screen password, I am able to access the Action Centre and when I put camera icon there I can startup the camera and take a picture.

But my phone is still locked with password!!! Not sure if its a ATiV S or WP 8.1.1 problem?

View attachment 90093

I did understand you good, that is not a flaw, that is how it supposed to be with the OS.
The thing that you can access your cam is because, there is also an option for the camera to be launched with long press on the physical cam button even when the phone is locked. So, it had to be the same when you lunch the camera from notification center when your phone is locked. It's the same operation but lunched from different places, understand?
Hope I made it more clear for you now, cuz now i am not sleepy like I was the other night, lol :)))

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I did understand you good, that is not a flaw, that is how it supposed to be with the OS.
The thing that you can access your cam is because, there is also an option for the camera to be launched with long press on the physical cam button even when the phone is locked. So, it had to be the same when you lunch the camera from notification center when your phone is locked. It's the same operation but lunched from different places, understand?
Hope I made it more clear for you now, cuz now i am not sleepy like I was the other night, lol :)))

Thanks a lot Boris for clearing that up.

I was worried there might be something wrong.

Twigglet12

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Help Please!

Me too! I was on CSC ATO WP 8.1 Update 1 (not PfD) and it had been working perfectly for the last few weeks. Today it installed an update and went into the reboot loop. I've had to downgrade and have now allowed it to update again. Fingers crossed!

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
You can use USB projecting and mirror the screen to you PC, I quite like that functionality - while you are having the phone connected to the PC it is charging plus you can then play with it on your PC. You need the following program on your PC:
Download Project My Screen App for Windows Phone from Official Microsoft Download Center

Good explanation Dusan, I was about to suggest Dragone the same. Guess Dragone get the MS update but left with the firmware from WP8 GDR3.

Great, so I was right when I recommended flashing to GDR2, in another thread, and then moving to Samsung 8.1.1.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Me too! I was on CSC ATO WP 8.1 Update 1 (not PfD) and it had been working perfectly for the last few weeks. Today it installed an update and went into the reboot loop. I've had to downgrade and have now allowed it to update again. Fingers crossed!

You are again installing latest PfD update? Report if you managed to update sucesfully.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I confirm flashing GDR2 let me download the last Samsung firmware. Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12