Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Seb Sheffield

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello, the reboot loop happened to me as well and I followed the steps from the first post, restored WP8 GDR2 and then installed all the updates until the last one - WP8.1.1. But there was no fix actually, it started rebooting again...
I think the reboot happens because the battery is dropping at 2% all of the sudden when the phone is used. If I take out the battery and leave it for 10 minutes, then it works and battery meter goes normal. With minimal usage it functions ok, but if I'll use it for more than 10 minutes, the battery drops at 2% and the phone begins to reboot itself. I was a WP fan, but my next phone will be with Android. I hope Microsoft will resolve the issue, though.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, the reboot loop happened to me as well and I followed the steps from the first post, restored WP8 GDR2 and then installed all the updates until the last one - WP8.1.1. But there was no fix actually, it started rebooting again...
I think the reboot happens because the battery is dropping at 2% all of the sudden when the phone is used. If I take out the battery and leave it for 10 minutes, then it works and battery meter goes normal. With minimal usage it functions ok, but if I'll use it for more than 10 minutes, the battery drops at 2% and the phone begins to reboot itself. I was a WP fan, but my next phone will be with Android. I hope Microsoft will resolve the issue, though.

Try with a new ATIV S battery, make sure it's original cuz NFC chip is inside the battery, not the phone. If your problem occur's again, than, it something with the phone. Maybe the battery is the problem. Just sayin'... :)

Seb Sheffield

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Try with a new ATIV S battery, make sure it's original cuz NFC chip is inside the battery, not the phone. If your problem occur's again, than, it something with the phone. Maybe the battery is the problem. Just sayin'... :)

I don't have where to try with another battery and I won't buy one just to try it.
Doesn't seem strange that until now I haven't any issues with the battery? I think it's too much of a coincidence for my battery to broke and make my phone go to a restarting loop. Initially I thought my phone was broke but then I've found all you guys having the restarting problem after the update.
But if there was a problem with the battery, wouldn't just drain fast and that's it? I think it's a software problem because it shows me low battery but if I restart or soft reset the phone, it goes back to showing the real value. When I've had issues with the battery draining on my older phones, the battery just didn't last, it didn't made all this glitches.
Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
Those who had reflashed GDR2 and then made the updates, your phone is working normally, just as one week ago?

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have where to try with another battery and I won't buy one just to try it.
Doesn't seem strange that until now I haven't any issues with the battery? I think it's too much of a coincidence for my battery to broke and make my phone go to a restarting loop. Initially I thought my phone was broke but then I've found all you guys having the restarting problem after the update.
But if there was a problem with the battery, wouldn't just drain fast and that's it? I think it's a software problem because it shows me low battery but if I restart or soft reset the phone, it goes back to showing the real value. When I've had issues with the battery draining on my older phones, the battery just didn't last, it didn't made all this glitches.
Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
Those who had reflashed GDR2 and then made the updates, your phone is working normally, just as one week ago?

Dude the problem is related to the pfd update. Revert back to production release (GDR2, then 8.1.1 with official non pfd updates) and you shall have no issues.

Seb Sheffield

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Dude the problem is related to the pfd update. Revert back to production release (GDR2, then 8.1.1 with official non pfd updates) and you shall have no issues.

Like I've said in my first post, I've followed the instructions of this thread and flashed GDR2 and then did all the official updates and I have the same issue. When I use my phone more than 10 minutes, the battery drops to 2% and starts a rebooting loop. Took the battery out and put it back on after a while and the behaves normally until the next "big" usage when it will do the same...

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Like I've said in my first post, I've followed the instructions of this thread and flashed GDR2 and then did all the official updates and I have the same issue. When I use my phone more than 10 minutes, the battery drops to 2% and starts a rebooting loop. Took the battery out and put it back on after a while and the behaves normally until the next "big" usage when it will do the same...

Just to ask since i didn't see you mention. Did you do a hard reset of the phone? If not, then do it, see if that helps. If that doesn't helps, we'll see some other solutions to fix your problem. No worries. :)

Twigglet12

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
@ Twigglet12, but you were on PfD.
Cause the new update (causing the boot loop) is only for PfD

I thought I was NOT on PfD, as I said in my original post, but I guess I was wrong. Now I am definitely not on PfD and I'll leave it that way until I hear that the boot loop problem has been fixed.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was NOT on PfD, as I said in my original post, but I guess I was wrong. Now I am definitely not on PfD and I'll leave it that way until I hear that the boot loop problem has been fixed.

Smart thinking :)
I never went to PfD, i was waiting patiently the official update and got it and love it so far. :)

ksssksss

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I dont get the update at all. Switched firmware long time ago. I think I was on Hong Kong from beginning, but now it is CSC version I8750OXADNI3 with CSC ATO.
Normal OTA update all the time in the beginning and later with Developer Preview. No problem at all. Until now then. If it is a problem.
Screenshot of my update so far. I am missing the latest 8.1.1?
Will a change of CSC help me? BTU I have seen could work.

wp_ss_20141209_0001.png

Last edited:

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
A quick update on my WP 8.1.1 situation.

I have now been running WP 8.1.1 for exactly one week now. Overall experience is positive really like the Action Center, Cortana, battery and data sense and of course the new UI with extra live tile layout.

The only negative experience is battery life and Internet Explorer performance. IE seems to be much slower when I load web pages, it it take one or may two second to 'render' and show the page after it has downloaded. For example, WindowsCentral.com some other website also suffer from same time lag problems.

I use the battery saver to show my usage for the last week, it seem IE is taking up most of the battery. So I have now disabled it from running in the background after the screen shot was taken.

batteryuse.png

Hopefully, this will improve battery life...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte