Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey Boris, thanks for the super fast reply. I also have CSC: BTU, DBT, ITV, and XEF as other region options. So I guess I can change to either of those three that have gotten WP 8.1 and I should be fine right? I wonder if ITV, XEF, and XEO on my phone will get WP 8.1 since my other three region options have gotten it..any ideas?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey Boris, thanks for the super fast reply. I also have CSC: BTU, DBT, ITV, and XEF as other region options. So I guess I can change to either of those three that have gotten WP 8.1 and I should be fine right? I wonder if ITV, XEF, and XEO on my phone will get WP 8.1 since my other three region options have gotten it..any ideas?

Always go with the ones that already got it. ATO is Austrian, BTU is UK (I think), DBT is German, So first try with just changing CSC's, it might pick up the update right away, but it might take it an hour or so before pick it up. If that doesn't work. Try with changing regions. For example: If you choose ATO, change the region to Austria, then try with BTU (region changed to United Kingdom) or DBT (region change it to Germany. I am not promising this will help, but these are combinations that you can do.
Well, I guess you have around 6 hard resets to do, LOL. (Changing CSC causes hard reset, that's normal)
Report back what did you do and if you succeeded :)

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Haha, dayem! I'm going to back up everything first before I do this then, still at work. I'll let you know how it goes, crossed fingers. I hope this works in one try ;)

cptnMorg

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Always go with the ones that already got it. ATO is Austrian, BTU is UK (I think), DBT is German, So first try with just changing CSC's, it might pick up the update right away, but it might take it an hour or so before pick it up. If that doesn't work. Try with changing regions. For example: If you choose ATO, change the region to Austria, then try with BTU (region changed to United Kingdom) or DBT (region change it to Germany. I am not promising this will help, but these are combinations that you can do.
Well, I guess you have around 6 hard resets to do, LOL. (Changing CSC causes hard reset, that's normal)
Report back what did you do and if you succeeded :)

It's weird on my Ativ S. I changed CSC like crazy (at least 40 times) and I only had a hard reset twice on the phone all the way at the start when I used it to finally get the GDR2 and 3 updates. After that, and it currently still is like that, I can change CSC without doing a hard reset.

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
cptnMorg, everytime you select/change the CSC, there should be an message prompting you to restart your phone but you do have the option of saying yes or cancel. Maybe you hit cancel?

But hey Boris! Awesome news! My phone is now updated with WP 8.1 update. I use CSC ATO and I only change just the CSC. The update was found right away when I went to search for the updates. My phone downloaded/installed an 8.0 preparation update first than to WP 8.1 update. Both of the those updates took about 40 minutes total, 15 for the prep and 25 for WP 8.1 update. So far, I'm loving it! It's finally what a smartphone should be. Thanks for the help and info Boris. Keep it up!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
cptnMorg, everytime you select/change the CSC, there should be an message prompting you to restart your phone but you do have the option of saying yes or cancel. Maybe you hit cancel?

But hey Boris! Awesome news! My phone is now updated with WP 8.1 update. I use CSC ATO and I only change just the CSC. The update was found right away when I went to search for the updates. My phone downloaded/installed an 8.0 preparation update first than to WP 8.1 update. Both of the those updates took about 40 minutes total, 15 for the prep and 25 for WP 8.1 update. So far, I'm loving it! It's finally what a smartphone should be. Thanks for the help and info Boris. Keep it up!

Awesome, I am glad that you manage to update to the latest. Enjoy it now. I know i did and still am. My ATIV S was reborn with this latest OS+FW. Now, make sure you got up to 10 posts count and we expect screenshots from your "new phone" :)
And you are welcomed for any help, but it was not just me who helped, here is Papale and others too. It's a joint effort.
If you have any other question, feel free to ask.
About hard reset issue that cptnMorg have, well, if it works then just leave it that way. If i was there, even tho changing CSC didn't needed a hard reset, I would do it myself, just because to be sure it all went as it should. cptnMorg is not the only one having this, few others did reported here in this thread previously. :)

JFMoretti

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone had only CSC ZTO (Brasil) and now it has win 8.1.1 (CSC ATO). I did everything explained on page 1. Now I have 6 CSCs: ATO, BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, and XEO. Everything is Ok. Just one problem : I receive alerts from my mobile operator every minute. I don't know what is that. I think the return to CSC ZTO would remove this problem, but there isn't this choice. Some suggestions ? Apply interop-unlock ? Thank's.........

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
My phone had only CSC ZTO (Brasil) and now it has win 8.1.1 (CSC ATO). I did everything explained on page 1. Now I have 6 CSCs: ATO, BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, and XEO. Everything is Ok. Just one problem : I receive alerts from my mobile operator every minute. I don't know what is that. I think the return to CSC ZTO would remove this problem, but there isn't this choice. Some suggestions ? Apply interop-unlock ? Thank's.........

You could try flashing just the ZTO csc

JFMoretti

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
How could I do this flash ? What file can I use ? I'm not so expert doing this. I follow exactly the explanation on page 1, using WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.47.exe. To modify only the CSC using a file (and, what file ?), I don't know how. Thanks again.....

Mattemoller90

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Why change Your csc and hard reset Your phone?????
Use this trik:
Changhe this key:
HKLM\system\platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

PhoneMobileOperatorName

From yours

To

"000-AT"

And you have the update

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Why change Your csc and hard reset Your phone?????
Use this trik:
Changhe this key:
HKLM\system\platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

PhoneMobileOperatorName

From yours

To

"000-AT"

And you have the update

That is possible only if your phone is interop-unlocked, in Android vocabulary that means rooted. And you have to know how to tweak registry. :)

JFMoretti

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I did everything explained on page 1, again. In ATO i donwloaded and installed every versions. When the phone begin downloading Win 8.1.1, only downloading (not installing), you turn off it and install only CSC ZTO (GT-I8750_VJALL3_P.csc). After this, you turn on the phone, go to update software and it will continue downloading Win 8.1.1 and installing it. Now, everything works well. When installing, it uses the new csc ZTO. I followed the instructions posted in youtube by someone...........Thanks to all........

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I did everything explained on page 1, again. In ATO i donwloaded and installed every versions. When the phone begin downloading Win 8.1.1, only downloading (not installing), you turn off it and install only CSC ZTO (GT-I8750_VJALL3_P.csc). After this, you turn on the phone, go to update software and it will continue downloading Win 8.1.1 and installing it. Now, everything works well. When installing, it uses the new csc ZTO. I followed the instructions posted in youtube by someone...........Thanks to all........

So, bottom line: Your ATIV S is running now on Official WP8.1.1 (including official Samsung firmware), is that correct?

faizil

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys, any suggestion for us (Malaysian own ATIV S) regarding 8.1.1 update? Sell it? Wait for it? Or errrr.. switch to Andrew? (cant say dat word in here)... I luv my ATIV S but Sammy pls say somethin? Its already March 2015 man! 😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923