Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
hmm... yes we are "Archived". Its time to buy a new phone.
Personally I am waiting for some new WP10 high end phones from Microsoft
I too am waiting for the next Lumia flagship, although the new Galaxy S6 Edge in green looks absolutely beautiful, if Samsung release a Windows variant I'm sold. However, if the ATIV S gets the 10 update, I see no reason to move I'm a hurry.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I changed the CSC to DBT and BTU, but I do not receive the updates. It seems that flashing the phone to grd2 is the only way possible!

Thanks for your help 🍺
So, how much time did you let between CSC's changing before you switch to another? Sometimes it needs a day sometimes its instant, I mean the updates.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
So, how much time did you let between CSC's changing before you switch to another? Sometimes it needs a day sometimes its instant, I mean the updates.

First of all, the phone was already in ATO, and it was in that status for months, or even a year.

When I changed to other CSCs, I did it for a couple of minutes. Last time I left it in the new CSC, without returning to ATO. A couple of hours have passed.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
First of all, the phone was already in ATO, and it was in that status for months, or even a year.

When I changed to other CSCs, I did it for a couple of minutes. Last time I left it in the new CSC, without returning to ATO. A couple of hours have passed.

Hmm, dunno if this will work but it doesn't hurt to try:
First try changing one CSC and leave it for lets say 24 hours and see what happens, you never know.
Second of all, try to disconnect your network (or turn the phone on without a sim or network turned on), then try with this changing CSC's, but also change the region on the phone to be corresponding to the CSC you are using, for example, if you use ATO, turn the region on your phone to Austria, if you use NEE, turn your phone region to Sweden, etc. (see this post of mine how i solved the error i got when my ATIV S got the official update 8.1.1, my phone was and still is on NEE, so i changed the region to Sweden and i manage to pass the error and install the official update). See what happens.
I know this will take some time for you to testing, but my point here was to try all options before you flash any rom. As i see you already have many of the CSC's that got the official update, so if they didn't get it, chances they get it on the new room are none.
If you tried everything and still not on 8.1.1 then, go ahead and flash the rom. Wish you luck! :)

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, dunno if this will work but it doesn't hurt to try:
First try changing one CSC and leave it for lets say 24 hours and see what happens, you never know.
Second of all, try to disconnect your network (or turn the phone on without a sim or network turned on), then try with this changing CSC's, but also change the region on the phone to be corresponding to the CSC you are using, for example, if you use ATO, turn the region on your phone to Austria, if you use NEE, turn your phone region to Sweden, etc. (see this post of mine how i solved the error i got when my ATIV S got the official update 8.1.1, my phone was and still is on NEE, so i changed the region to Sweden and i manage to pass the error and install the official update). See what happens.
I know this will take some time for you to testing, but my point here was to try all options before you flash any rom. As i see you already have many of the CSC's that got the official update, so if they didn't get it, chances they get it on the new room are none.
If you tried everything and still not on 8.1.1 then, go ahead and flash the rom. Wish you luck! :)

Great advice! I will experiment a bit more before taking drastic measures.😓

Dan D15

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey there so I don't think I have time to go thru the thousands of comments to find the answer so maybe someone can direct me. Can I update my phone T899M to 8.1 somehow? My phone is an unlocked Bell phone but I'm a Sasktel customer. (broke the screen on my old phone).

I talk to sasktel support and they didn't think my phone would see any updates thru them since the phone is a few years old. They hadn't heard anything is coming and basically told me not to wait for it. Its all about the iPhone where I live so they probably never looked into it too much anyway. I've also talked with Samsung Canada and Bell but they knew nothing, both thought I needed kies to update. Sasktel was the most helpful but all had no idea about anything to do with windows phone.(you could tell they were also all typing fanatically to look up info so they could try sound like they knew what they were talking about. Ha)

So anyway I guess im tired of waiting and want to bypass the carriers and just get it over with so I can have some better features.....finally. Could someone help me out? Thanks.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey there so I don't think I have time to go thru the thousands of comments to find the answer so maybe someone can direct me. Can I update my phone T899M to 8.1 somehow? My phone is an unlocked Bell phone but I'm a Sasktel customer. (broke the screen on my old phone).

I talk to sasktel support and they didn't think my phone would see any updates thru them since the phone is a few years old. They hadn't heard anything is coming and basically told me not to wait for it. Its all about the iPhone where I live so they probably never looked into it too much anyway. I've also talked with Samsung Canada and Bell but they knew nothing, both thought I needed kies to update. Sasktel was the most helpful but all had no idea about anything to do with windows phone.(you could tell they were also all typing fanatically to look up info so they could try sound like they knew what they were talking about. Ha)

So anyway I guess im tired of waiting and want to bypass the carriers and just get it over with so I can have some better features.....finally. Could someone help me out? Thanks.

First of all: The "Search this thread" feature in this pages is there with a reason, only thing you needed to do is to type T899M and press Enter, and every post mention T899M will be shown in results. But it's ok, since it's your first post we will assume you didn't know. :)
Second of all: NO, officially you cannot update T899M (which in my opinion is very sad news) since there is no official firmware by Samsung and approved from Canadian carriers (doesn't matter if it's unlocked or not). The only thing you can do to "update" your phone is to go with the PfD (Preview for Developers), That means you can have latest OS version from Microsoft, but you will run it with the latest Samsung firmware (which in your case would be the firmware that came with WP8 GDR3). Which in other words, your phone will still work on WP8.1 (not WP8.1.1), but you will occur few glitches or bugs regarding using old firmware on newest OS. Those bugs are few, like camera, and 1 or 2 others. But i think you will learn to cope with that. Phone will be still fully functional.
Just to clarify things: If you are running on PfD your OS version will show Windows Phone 8.1, but if you have the latest firmware that goes with that OS version, it will show you Windows Phone 8.1 Update (which in other words is WP8.1.1)
Third of all: It is very sad that T899M doesn't get the official WP8.1.1 firmware from Samsung, because T899M is 4G LTE capable phone, while ours i8750 are only HSPA+.
Hope this helped you a bit with where you stand with your T899M. :)

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Windowsmania.pl test WP 8.1 GDR 2 and WP10 on Ativ S
Sounds great, really hope more BASIC features can be patched ASAP.

I'm tired of switching my region to USA just to get quiet hour function on that has to be linked with cotana (WTH?) which distory my app list (all apps not named in english in same catgory...) and english-first search result everytime I use IE trying to search something....:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers