Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
As i can see, this is just a FW update from Samsung, not an OS update. So maybe they fixed or changed some things so the ATIV S can run some apps like ATIV Camera or something. I am just wild guessing. :)

nauman73

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
As i can see, this is just a FW update from Samsung, not an OS update. So maybe they fixed or changed some things so the ATIV S can run some apps like ATIV Camera or something. I am just wild guessing. :)

I guess you are right. The update was called "Samsung Update for Windows Phone" (or something similar) and the OS version has not changed.

Pedro Nogueira1

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20150304_0001.jpgwp_ss_20150325_0008.jpg

Today i receive a firmware update from samsung, from 2424.14.9.3 to 2424.15.3.2.
My CSC is ATO
If you have enroll in Preview for developers you need first disable it, shearch updates and install.
after update install enable again PfD.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh well, me too, but we still have ProShot, LOL, altho the 8.1.1 default camera is not that bad, especially when recording 720p or 1080p videos. I am actually impressed with the video quality of our 8MP shooter :)

Yeah, I use it too. I miss high resolution 16:9 shots, so use OneShot for 6mpx 16:9 shots.
You are right, video quality is really great. Amd photos are really nice, powerful LED is also a big plus

Any way, I didn't got this latest FW update. I deleted windows insider app but still nothing. Tryed to opt in in pFD and opt out and nothing.
Did a soft reset and nothing, tryed to opt again in pfD and I left it and it downloaded the pfd updates up untill .203. It now says it'll install them automatically. I've opted out of pfd, soft reseted, etc, but can't dissmiss them. Do you know how to not install them?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I use it too. I miss high resolution 16:9 shots, so use OneShot for 6mpx 16:9 shots.
You are right, video quality is really great. Amd photos are really nice, powerful LED is also a big plus

Any way, I didn't got this latest FW update. I deleted windows insider app but still nothing. Tryed to opt in in pFD and opt out and nothing.
Did a soft reset and nothing, tryed to opt again in pfD and I left it and it downloaded the pfd updates up untill .203. It now says it'll install them automatically. I've opted out of pfd, soft reseted, etc, but can't dissmiss them. Do you know how to not install them?

Oh dear, you screw up something, lol. Guess you have to install them, dunno, never been on PfD. Maybe other guys who are already running on PfD can help you with that. This is why i never go for this things. I am more of a safe-player :) I don't do beta, except if i am testing an app to help the developers (atm I am testing Aeries, Surfy BETA and one more).
Anyway, OneShot can do 16:9 shot with 6MP not just 2? Dunno if ProShot can do 16:9 with 6MP, guess i need to find out, I have the payed version. Do you know which cam app can do 16:9 shots with more than 2-3MP? I had OneShot, but if i keep it open for a minute, the phone gets too hot, lol

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh dear, you screw up something, lol. Guess you have to install them, dunno, never been on PfD. Maybe other guys who are already running on PfD can help you with that. This is why i never go for this things. I am more of a safe-player :) I don't do beta, except if i am testing an app to help the developers (atm I am testing Aeries, Surfy BETA and one more).
Anyway, OneShot can do 16:9 shot with 6MP not just 2? Dunno if ProShot can do 16:9 with 6MP, guess i need to find out, I have the payed version. Do you know which cam app can do 16:9 shots with more than 2-3MP? I had OneShot, but if i keep it open for a minute, the phone gets too hot, lol

Yes, I ****** up :) Went ahead and installed it, lol. So now I'm on PfD .203 with 2424.14.9.3 and opted out of PfD and still doesn't get the new firmware. I know it doesn't brings anything new, but it bothers me why I can't get it.

Yes it does. It's cropped image, in live it crop the original 8MP to 6mp 16:9, it's not native, doesn't wide the range of view, you know what I want to say...
Yes it gets my phone too hot also. And it's buggy a lot, few times blocked my camera and had to restart phone to be able to use again.
Proshot does only 2mp 16:9

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm in ATO and today I received a new firmware update (Samsung Update). I can't believe Samsung is still supporting this incredible phone from 2012 having abandoned the Galaxy S3. Now I'm thinking there's a chance they will update it to W10. Very happy!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm in ATO and today I received a new firmware update (Samsung Update). I can't believe Samsung is still supporting this incredible phone from 2012 having abandoned the Galaxy S3. Now I'm thinking there's a chance they will update it to W10. Very happy!

Remember when we first start receiving the WP8.1.1? What was the path from CSC aspect. First ATO got it, right? Then was DBT, NEE, etc. and that happen in a period of a month or so. So, I am assuming that Samsung will go with the same path about this new update too. Anyway, let's wait and see how this time the update path will go, am I gonna be right about this or not, lol. :)
And for the others who got it and will get it in future, do share your findings if you notice something, it could be very useful to the rest of us. Just as we all did when we start getting WP8.1.1
If you do that, please pay attention and do bring it out with your findings this informations:
- Are you on PfD or Normal
- Which CSC?
- FWR Number (prior and after update)
- OS Version (prior and after update, just in case)

nauman73

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Remember when we first start receiving the WP8.1.1? What was the path from CSC aspect. First ATO got it, right? Then was DBT, NEE, etc. and that happen in a period of a month or so. So, I am assuming that Samsung will go with the same path about this new update too. Anyway, let's wait and see how this time the update path will go, am I gonna be right about this or not, lol. :)
And for the others who got it and will get it in future, do share your findings if you notice something, it could be very useful to the rest of us. Just as we all did when we start getting WP8.1.1
If you do that, please pay attention and do bring it out with your findings this informations:
- Are you on PfD or Normal
- Which CSC?
- FWR Number (prior and after update)
- OS Version (prior and after update, just in case)

I doubt that WP 8.1 is rolled out to all CSCs. I first got news of WP 8.1 roll out via GSM Arena back in October 2014. My CSC at that time was XEF. After waiting for around 4 months, I did not get the WP 8.1 update and was still on WP 8.0. Then I changed my CSC to ATO and Eureka, I got the update within a few hours of that :smile:.

It would be interesting to know if WP 8.1 is rolled out to all CSCs. I would be definitely interested to know if it was rolled out to XEF :smile:. For reference, I changed my CSC to ATO on February 23, 2015.

Driesb

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Last night I received firmware update:
PfD: yes
CSC: ATO
Firmware: 2424.14.9.3 to 2424.15.3.2

Last edited:

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Just installed latest Windows 10 build with new firmware! All works perfect (camera, wi-fi, BT, smooth amimations etc.), but I can't set up APN settings :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion