Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering how do you opt out of PfD? Is it via the Windows Phone Recovery Tool?

No, sadly Windows Phonee Recovery tool is just for Nokias/Lumias, it's just Lumia Software Recovery tool, but renamed.
I did unchecked in the PfD app, that's what I mean. But later I flashed back GDR2 as described in the first post.

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
First 'bug'? Or it's just me?

"AccuWeather - Weather for Life" - application does not work with the new firmware :-(

(8.1.1, no PfD, latest Samsung firmware)

---

edit: Thanks nauman73. It's sad, I love this app. Must wait for update, I guess :-(

Last edited:

nauman73

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
First 'bug'? Or it's just me?

"AccuWeather - Weather for Life" - application does not work with the new firmware :-(

(8.1.1, no PfD, latest Samsung firmware)

Have not used this application before. Just installed now to check, and it is not working (crashes immediately after start). No PfD, latest firmware.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Have not used this application before. Just installed now to check, and it is not working (crashes immediately after start). No PfD, latest firmware.

Works fine on mine, just installed to check this. Doesn't crash, but i don't use it, I am using Vieather. I'm on Official 8.1.1, no PDF.
OS Version: 8.10.14157.200
FW Version: 2424.14.9.4

nauman73

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Works fine on mine, just installed to check this. Doesn't crash, but i don't use it, I am using Vieather. I'm on Official 8.1.1, no PDF.
OS Version: 8.10.14157.200
FW Version: 2424.14.9.4

Boris, the issue is probably with the particular application, i.e. "AccuWeather - Weather for Life", and not with all weather applications. Vieather is running fine on my set while "AccuWeather - Weather for Life" is not.

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Can some one confirm bootloop is gone with last FW? I read this in polish the forum. If it is gone i want to change reg key to receive Cortana in Italian without change any file

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
If you want to get the latest FW you can simply change one key at register.
HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\PhoneMobileOperatorName
Change to "000-AT". After that go and check update.
This is hack works only on DNI3. DNI4 doesn't get update. You can find this in Diagnosis using *#1234# code.

If you don't know how to edit.

NiteLordz

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello, i am a developer for AccuWeather, and I was just reading through this thread. I was hoping you guys who are experiencing the issue would be able to help me out with a few more details.

1) Can you confirm for me, that the application was working fine prior to the updated firmware
2) Post firmware update, the application would crash immediately
2a) Would the spash screen (AccuWeather on a light blue background) show ?
3) What version of the application is currently crashing
4) Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application from the store?

Thanks much guys, and i will be working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb