Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i am a developer for AccuWeather, and I was just reading through this thread. I was hoping you guys who are experiencing the issue would be able to help me out with a few more details.

1) Can you confirm for me, that the application was working fine prior to the updated firmware
2) Post firmware update, the application would crash immediately
2a) Would the spash screen (AccuWeather on a light blue background) show ?
3) What version of the application is currently crashing
4) Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application from the store?

Thanks much guys, and i will be working to get this resolved as soon as possible.
Wow, now that's what I call a devoted developer, kudos to you sir.
Ok guys here is your chance to talk to the developer, write your comments here.
Anyway, I too have some suggestions and reports but I'll do that from the app feedback link. :)

NiteLordz

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Update, it would appear the issue revolves around our Satellite tile layer. Can you verify that you can view locations that have radar, but as soon as you try to view a satellite tile layer, that is when it crashes.

Thanks much

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i am a developer for AccuWeather, and I was just reading through this thread. I was hoping you guys who are experiencing the issue would be able to help me out with a few more details.

ad 1. Yes. Works like a charm before Samsung firmware update.

ad 2. 2424.14.9.3 or 2424.14.9.4 - no problems. New update 2424.15.3.2 and crashing.

ad 2a. Yes. Splash screen and application closes immediately.

ad 3. Latest one from store. Version 2.7.0.16.

ad 4. Yes. Few times.

PS. Thanks!

NiteLordz

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
ad 1. Yes. Works like a charm before Samsung firmware update.

ad 2. 2424.14.9.3 or 2424.14.9.4 - no problems. New update 2424.15.3.2 and crashing.

ad 2a. Yes. Splash screen and application closes immediately.

ad 3. Latest one from store. Version 2.7.0.16.

ad 4. Yes. Few times.

PS. Thanks!

Can you tell me what your default location is ? if it is a location that does not have Radar coverage, then your issue is currently being worked on. And it is not related to the Samsung firmware update.

If i can get you to uninstall the application, re-download it, and upon startup, do not turn on GPS, but instead, put in a location that has Radar coverage.
ex. San Francisco, CA or New York, NY. I would imagine that the application would load, based on the information that is currently presented to me.

Thanks much for your cooperation and help, and know that this is being looked at by our QA department.

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Very small village in Poland, Europe. I must set my location manualy cause even gps shows it wrong :)

And, afair, there's no radar option for me.

tap4wp

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Accuweather app doesn't have anything with latest firmware. I am on 2424.14.9.4 firmware (no PfD, CSC NEE) and app is crashing. I tried uninstall after that install but is still crashing, also i change the start screen color but same thing happening. App splash screen is ok, after that loading another window with current city and after that crashing. My city is Skopje, Macedonia. Gps is turn Off. Cheers

NiteLordz

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Accuweather app doesn't have anything with latest firmware. I am on 2424.14.9.4 firmware (no PfD, CSC NEE) and app is crashing. I tried uninstall after that install but is still crashing, also i change the start screen color but same thing happening. App splash screen is ok, after that loading another window with current city and after that crashing. My city is Skopje, Macedonia. Gps is turn Off. Cheers

Thanks for your reply, and this issue appears to be related the satellite tiles. I just test Skopje, Macendonia and the application is now working. It may take an hour to populate the cache with the appropriate data. If this problem persists after an hour, please report back.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Samsung have only one official update - 14157. It's WP8.1.1. You can edit register and get the latest PfD update for Lumias - 14219. With data in action center.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Nah, i am not worrying, just don't like the fact that we are still being SES-ed (refer to your profile picture ;) , for others, ignored) ) by MS and Samsung.

Well, remember few months ago when we were all like "Well, guess we are not having WP8.1.1, Lumias started to get it, MS and Samsung forgot about us...." and then suddenly we were upfront from most of the Lumias for getting the latest and greatest. LOL

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
After the last firmware update I switched on the PfD for a moment, resulting in below OS update (in Dutch this time).
Not much difference, just improvements on the battery app, scrolling seems a bit smoother. I wonder if MSFT will allow us further updates now the boot loop problem is solved?

Attachments

• AtivS.jpg
    AtivS.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 109

geropan

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this community, but I have been following it but quite some time.
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but hope someone can help me.

A friend of mine asked me to fix his Ativ S, which is not booting (don't ask me why). The following error message appears on boot:
boot error.PNG

As hard reset does not seem to fix anything, I decided to follow this guide in order to flash a working rom to the phone. I am on Windows 8.1, and disabled driver signature verification to install samsung drivers, which finished succesfully. Nevertheless, I can't make WP8 SMD binary downloader to detect/recognise the phone.

To begin with, the correct driver is not automatically selected, so when first plugged the phone in download mode is detected as an unknown device:
download mode.PNG
2eao50o.png
Forcing to update the drivers from the folder where the samsung driver is installed does not work (it won't detect a suitable driver). So I manually browsed through the different device categories to select which, I believe, is the correct driver:
driver.PNG
After this, the phone is recognised as follows:
deviced installed.PNG
But, as I said, it won't be detected by the WP8 SMD binary downloader:
SMD binary not recognised.PNG
I tried with 2 different computers running Windows 8.1 and a third one running Windows 7. I already ran out ideas, so I hope someone can help me getting the phone detected properly.

Thank you in advance! :)

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
YES, boot loop problem is solved.
ALL changes that latest firmware contains are to fix this boot loop bug. You can just look at update files and verify.

Wow, that's a bit too much for me, I'm not that deep into software (more in hardware). Since it's my daily driver and I don't want to spend time (again) to restore apps and screens I'll wait for the official PfD updates (and even some time after they are tested).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster