Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That is why you never buy 3rd party batteries, sooner or later this is what happens. My suggestion will be painful now, but i think it will help you. But let me explain you a little bit about the batteries. The original OEM batteries (the one that comes with the phone in the package) are made for that phone. In ATIV S Samsung batteries are made for ATIV S exclusively, that's why you can't use any other battery on any phone. Also the ATIV S battery have the NFC built in the battery (yes, it is in the battery, not on the phone). What you use as a second battery which is not original Samsung battery is good, but your NFC won't working, and with that few more things might not work. Since todays smartphones use smart batteries, that means that those batteries have some kind of chip built in who is telling the phone the condition of the battery. What I think happen in your case is that switching original battery with non-original made some software faulty in your phone and dus camera (or who knows what else) stop working properly.
So here is the solution... HARD RESET the phone with the original battery from Samsung and then trow away the non-original one. Buy online a new original Samsung spare battery and you got covered in that department for further.
I am not guaranteeing 100% that this will fix your issue, but i am pretty sure at 90% that will fix your issue.

Thank you for replay,
3rd party batteries are not always a bad choice. The company I got it from is focused only building batteries for most smartphones. All reviewers are very happy with it compared with the OEM original batteries.
I think you are already know this company I am talking about, if not just have a quick look here:
About Us
NFC feature? Who cares about it, I never used it!
The phone is working perfectly, hardware point of view, not a single fault, camera is working perfect with both batteries.
I did a hard reset, but beside it has erased everything, no other improvement, I only charged it to 70%. I had to restart it because the charging has stopped at 20%, once restarted it jumped to 30% and left it charging to only 70%, I needed the phone.
I have been using the non-original battery for over a year now, and I was very pleased with it.
I just noticed a decreased of battery life since I updated to the latest Samsung firmware.
Difference between the OEM battery and the MPJ one?
OEM takes between 3-4 hours to charge and lasts around 30 hours now using it for calls and internet surfing.
MPJ one takes around one hour and half to charge and lasts around two days, before was holding charge over three days.
I now charged the original battery to 100%, I will keep an eye on it to see how long it will last, using it as before.

dpweeks

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
You will get a question prompt if you wanna reset or not. You can choose NO. And your csc will be changed anyway and you can get the update. But I am not sure if it is good not to reset. Cause some users don't get the firmware update or are still facing some bugs (camera or so). I think it is due not resetting the phone.

Yeah, with the back-up you can get stuff back. Step 3 is good to go.
You will be asked a question "do you want to restore from your mail account" (eg. cloud backup) or do you want to fresh install.

Hi RoyalX, that's interesting! You're suggesting it's not necessary to let reset of my Samsung Ativ S occur when changing the CSC, and that subsequent upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 still occurs?

If so, could you comment on whether you think this procedure is correct:
1. Backup my Samsung Ativ S with CSC = XEF running Windows Phone 8.0 to the cloud (just a precaution)
2. Use the Samsung Diagnostic tool to change my CSC from XEF (France), for which Windows Phone 8.1 rollout does not seem to have started, to BTU (United Kingdom) where it has started. Dial ##634# from the phone pad - a new black window will open with a numpad - enter *#321647335 and select BTU. Do NOT select "OK" to reset the phone, since changing the CSC results in phone reset and the loss of all settings and data. Instead select "Cancel", and the CSC will be changed to BTU anyway. If not, then repeat this step, and it should be changed the second time.
3. When phone comes up on Windows Phone 8.0 with CSC = BTU, restore all settings and data from the cloud, if the phone was reset in step 2 (note: reset should not have occurred if "Cancel" was selected, in which case restore is not needed/done).
4. Wait for automatic update to occur and/or perform manual check for updates, in the hope that Samsung firmware update and Windows Phone 8.1.1 update then occurs. Hopefully, all settings and data will be preserved

Update: I tried the above procedure changing CSC to BTU (United Kingdom), but after waiting several hours, and trying manually to check for updates. Then changed CSC to ATO, and again tried a manual check for updates, but no upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 has occurred. RoyalX, are you sure that it is not necessary to reset the phone when changing the CSC?

Last edited:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
The essence of the method is to use custom-firmware, which creates a swap file. Samsung preventing normal working custom-firmwares after GDR3 Update. These limitations can be simple passed by replacing files. After downloading ("Downloading Update..." and "Preparing to Update...") we can change files before clicking the Install button and only then start the installation. We should replase these files: CSCMgr.dll и CSCMgrSvc.dll. They are responsible for work or not work of customs. In the latest firmware update CSC uses AES-encryption. This again points to struggle with Samsung.

The procedure is as follows:
1. Download the clean CMJ1 using the latest SMD Downloader (3.5 or 3.47) + custom.
2. Download preparing (!) WP8.1 update, install this.
3. Now download update an WP8.1, but do not click Install! Connect our phone and replace files. Now you can install.
4. Download the latest update with new firmwate (2424.15.3.2), but again you sholdn't install this! Now you should again replace files.
5. The most diffucult part was finished. Now we should simply pretend Lumia and Install Windows 10.

This is all.

I tried to use very simple language constructions and words.

I hope this method works for build which is on due in Friday.

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
...If so, could you comment on whether you think this procedure is correct:...
Yes the procedure is correct. But I/we already told you that.

RoyalX, are you sure that it is not necessary to reset the phone when changing the CSC?
Well if you have read all the pages of this thread, than you could see that some users have done it without reset.
Maybe turn phone off and than on, will prompt the update?!?

But you live in BTU country, you should have done the CSC change earlier.
And you can do it with the reset. If your backup is ON, you can get your Settings/Apps/Stuff back the way it was.

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
@ Boris, Thanks for liking the post, but I have also a question.

A couple of weeks ago I did some hard reset via changing the CSC.
At first to ATO, and then I tried BTU and DBT.
I noticed with ATO I did not get my SMS text messages and call history back (maybe I've should have waited longer for it to come back)
But with BTU and DBT I did get my text messages and call history back.

Any ideas why one CSC will not give you a full backup?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
@ Boris, Thanks for liking the post, but I have also a question.

A couple of weeks ago I did some hard reset via changing the CSC.
At first to ATO, and then I tried BTU and DBT.
I noticed with ATO I did not get my SMS text messages and call history back (maybe I've should have waited longer for it to come back)
But with BTU and DBT I did get my text messages and call history back.

Any ideas why one CSC will not give you a full backup?

hmm, this is interesting thing. To be honest i don't have an answer for this, cuz i never backup messages, emails or anything about Settings when i do a hard reset. Maybe cuz I found tinkering the phone again more amusing than just download the settings i previously back up. I only backup my contacts. All other important things i got through messages (SMS), I have already copied in OneNote and have them there on a safe place.
Reasons why i don't back up anything else than contacts are :
- Hard reset means clean reset the phone as it was with the latest OS and FW Version.
- Downloading previously saved Settings is not 100% sure thing. Sometimes something might interrupted and screw up something in your phone settings and you end up wondering why is this happening. Setting your phone manually again after hard reset is more reliable and 100% sure thing. By that point you already know all your phone settings before the hard reset, so setting them manually is not that much time consummating and it's fun too, like when you set your phone for the first time. We all know how much excitement was that, right? LoL.

I am sure that all of you who knows how to hard reset the phone, that before you did that you need to move or back up all your media and document files to the SD Card, but i am pretty sure since you already have an SD Card, all media and document files are on your SD Card. If you don't have SD Card, just connect the phone to the lap top/computer and move them there, do the hard reset, set the phone and at the end move back all the files you need on the phone. It's very simple copy/paste procedure.

However, sorry that i write long post quoting your post, but recently i got lots of messages regarding hard reset and after hard reset issues, so I have to clear this up for new comers here, so to spare them of reading lots of pages (cuz let's face it, only 2 out of 10 will do the reading, lol).
About your problem, could you give me this details about your phone:
1. Where did you get the phone?
2. Did you get naturally over OTA your OS updates.
3. Do you remember when you get the phone which CSC's you had on your phone CSC List?
4. Were you or still are on PfD?
5. Current OS and FWR Number?
6. Did you do any ROM flashing to get the latest OS?

I am asking this because CSC's are related to the network your mobile carrier works. You do know what CSC means, so i don't have to explain you that now. For example, I got my phone from my mobile carrier in Macedonia, T-Mobile Macedonia. My phone have 40 different CSC's (few pages before i posted a screenshot from my CSC List). So that means, that all CSC's i got on my phone will work with my carrier's network and settings, no matter what CSC i will choose. And by that i mean number for the messages (SMS), Voice Mail number, etc will be automatically set it on the phone, because all those 40 CSC's have that settings in them for my carrier. This is why some users here reported that they have 1 or 3 or 10 or 15 CSC's in their CSC List.
Did i make it more clear for you now? Cuz i swear all this sounded much logical in my head, LOL.
Suggestion: If you are still on ATO, check your SMS settings, maybe something is screwed up there. Maybe you need to put manually settings there for your SMS. If that's the case, try to set it manually, soft reset (restart) the phone and see if you will get the messages.

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Partition Stiching should help us to update our phones without hard and long instructions. So we should find the Lumia model from support list with less than 300 MB of sys free space. Changing the model must activate that feature and give us additional free sys space. I think you understood me.

And I also think that Microsoft could activate this feature automaticly if sys free space will too small. So some courageous guys (for example I am :D ) can test this (aftell starting rolling out new build) simply change a couple of registry keys to Lumia-liked.

Last edited:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Partition Stiching should help us to update our phones without hard and long instructions. So we should find the Lumia model from support list with less than 300 MB of sys free space. Changing the model must activate that feature and give us additional free sys space. I think you understood me.

And I also think that Microsoft could activate this feature automaticly if sys free space will too small. So some courageous guys (for example I am :D ) can test this (aftell starting rolling out new build) simply change a couple of registry keys to Lumia-liked.

I've tried following your guide for W10 you posted earlier. Updated and replaced files till the lattest 15.3.2 FW version, now for pretending to be Lumia I followed this guide Registry Editor + tweaks for All Windows Phone [Hack] | Windows News Destination
And when I have to apply to PfD app, it just comes out of CustomWPS system and nothing happens. I've tried second method but without succes. Is there some tutorial for 5th part?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, I managed to Intall registry editor, but can't seem to find way to mask phone as Lumia.

Last edited:

Mattemoller90

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

Changhe this key for WP10

"PhoneManufacturer" = NOKIA

"PhoneManufacturerModelName" = RM-937_eu_euro1_970

"PhoneFirmwareRevision"= 02040.00019.14484.24002

PhoneMobileOperatorName = 000-PL

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

Changhe this key for WP10

"PhoneManufacturer" = NOKIA

"PhoneManufacturerModelName" = RM-937_eu_euro1_970

"PhoneFirmwareRevision"= 02040.00019.14484.24002

PhoneMobileOperatorName = 000-PL

Thank you very much. but,
I get "ops...error while writing this value"

EDIT: Solved that. Now can't find any builds.

Last edited:

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay, people. I recommend everyone to wait the latest build! Today I think I will give you some good (or bad) news.

I don't like to use automatic translators, so I can't explain hard instruction with hard language constructions. With machine translation you will get complete nonsense.

Last edited:

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the latest build! Amazing news! Partition Stiching is automatically activated! Now you can simply update your phone by pretending Lumia. I will attach screenshots later.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa