Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I tried this on my Ativ SE. After going to Windows Insider, I was only given the Fast Ring option (as expected), enrolled, and then I was offerred the update to 15116. Unfortunately it does not install; error 8018830f

Wait, you said ATIV SE or it is a typo? You meant ATIV S?
Anyway, what CSC are you on? I manage to pass that error, when my CSC NEE got official WP8.1.1.
Read this post where i explain it, There is a section in that post "1. How did i fix the error 8018830f?", maybe it will help you :)

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Wait, you said ATIV SE or it is a typo? You meant ATIV S?
Anyway, what CSC are you on? I manage to pass that error, when my CSC NEE got official WP8.1.1.
Read this post where i explain it, There is a section in that post "1. How did i fix the error 8018830f?", maybe it will help you :)

No mistake; I meant Ativ SE. It's pretty much stock/offiial 8.1.1 aside from a few tweaks (interop, etc). I tried changed region and locale to UK/en-gb (from US/en-us) and Sweden/Swedish, as suggested in your post, and I'm still getting that error. I'm going to change back the registry settings to reflect the build that's actually on my device, and try reaching 8.1.2 by simulating a 1520.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
No mistake; I meant Ativ SE. It's pretty much stock/offiial 8.1.1 aside from a few tweaks (interop, etc). I tried changed region and locale to UK/en-gb (from US/en-us) and Sweden/Swedish, as suggested in your post, and I'm still getting that error. I'm going to change back the registry settings to reflect the build that's actually on my device, and try reaching 8.1.2 by simulating a 1520.

Yes, but i clearly mention there that the reason why i changed to Swedish is because NEE is Nordic CSC (where Sweden is). So, I didn't get the answer what CSC are you using? is it BTU or? Maybe we can do something with that :)

And I guess you did notice that this is about ATIV S (mainly i8750) thread.
There is a separate forum for ATIV SE.
Samsung ATIV SE

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but i clearly mention there that the reason why i changed to Swedish is because NEE is Nordic CSC (where Sweden is). So, I didn't get the answer what CSC are you using? is it BTU or? Maybe we can do something with that :)

And I guess you did notice that this is about ATIV S (mainly i8750) thread.
There is a separate forum for ATIV SE.
Samsung ATIV SE

Honestly, I'm not sure. I've tried *#321647335 and *#78*598031 in diagnosis, and nothing happens (I cannot see or change my CSC). However, the .csc i flashed was SM-W750V_VRU0ANC2_R.csc, and this is a Verizon-specific phone. So, whatever CSC verizon uses is what I have. I presume it to just be VZW. Regardless, it's US/en-us.

EDIT: Yes, my csc is VZW. VZW-US

And yes, I'm aware that this is the S forum. I'm fairly certain that I'm the only SE user trying this. I'm probably the only SE user that's done anything with the phone (unofficially) since 8.1 (reg tweaks, etc). This phone is absolutely amazing, and without a doubt the best WP currently available, but nobody has it.

Last edited:

soulburner

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I changed the CSC to ATO today on my brother's Ativ S and he finally got Windows Phone 8.1. But I've noticed he can't add cellular data to his actions bar. So I thought maybe he needs Preview for Developers, but then I found reports about a potential reboot loop error. Does this problem still occur or can we safely install the latest Preview for Developers?

The current firmware version is 2424.15.3.2
Windows version is: 8.10.14157.200

Also, I can't seem to find which Windows version is which - I mean, do I have 8.1 Update 1 or do I not? If not, why? Phone update says there are no updates.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can safely instan .219 update on .15 firware. I have in now and it works even better than stock.
If you don't get it via PfD, get it fromfast ring I sider, that's how I got it.
And yes.157 update is 8.1.1

Last edited:

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
So I couldn't resist and after several positive reactions on this forum I decided to install Windows Insider on the slow ring in order to get the 219 software with the data toggle. Absolutely did not want Windows 10, so after the 'prepare for install' phase and before updating I uninstalled Windows Insider again. Installation went smooth, at the end there was a text that threatened to prepare for Windows 10 if I would connect it to AC power. So I did not do that, also unchecked PfD and now Phone Update says I have the latest version. I guess I will keep this until Windows 10 comes officially.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

stipetic

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Guys, please help.
I tried windows 10, but as it had many bugs, I decided to go to back to 8.1.
I downloaded I8750XXBME1_I8750OXABME1 rom to flash it with wp 8 SMD 3.47.
It started downloading on phone and everything seemed fine, I left it for a couple of minutes, the screen was off,
so I checked and the phone wouldn't turn on.
SMD said download finished. Now my phone won't turn on, I can't enter download mode to flash it again.
Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well that sounds bad. Don't know if it will help but but check if your battery didn't emptied during flashing. Hard reset? Don't know if there is key combination for it.

Pedro Nogueira1

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Be careful, to revert from WP10TP to WP8, you can't flash a wp8 rom, you need the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, to revert to WP8.

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-backup-restore

Luis_Oliveira

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Be careful, to revert from WP10TP to WP8, you can't flash a wp8 rom, you need the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, to revert to WP8.

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-backup-restore

Recovery Tool is only for Lumia right now. But i had sucessfully flashed back to WP8 other times. Now I got stucked with a brick...

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Guys I got the Insider fast configuration update ready to download, is it safe to download because I'm a bit worried about the two people who bricked their phone when they wanted to revert to wp8.

Luis_Oliveira

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Guys I got the Insider fast configuration update ready to download, is it safe to download because I'm a bit worried about the two people who bricked their phone when they wanted to revert to wp8.

To WP10TP? I wouldn't recommend. Camera is buggy, the phone freezes a lot, sometimes the SIM card is not recognized, some apps doesn't work.
And possible you won't be able to return to WP8.

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I got the configuration update without any hack but after updating nothing happened, I'm still on WP8.1 and no updates are available so I don't know why I was able to do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium