Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
������������������������������������������������������������

Mattemoller, have you wrote something? all i see is lots of "squares", any other see the same? :)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If anyone visits this thread and has questions about getting official 8.1 with Samsung firmware for the T899M, please see the thread "T899M 8.1 official Samsung firmware update". Several of us have successfully used the flashing instructions posted near the end of the thread with CSC BMC. Page 7 on the website.

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No! Sorry guys! I just discussed about this update on my russian forum and forgot about you.
Okay, manual is simple, I think.
All actions I performed under "sterile conditions" (I flashed my phone CMJ1 with ATO CSC and downloaded all latest updates with new firmware).

If you updated the you phone to 14219 using Windows Insider - it's necessary!
I recommend you at first do this :
1. Flash CMJ1 with ATO CSC.
2. Install all latest updates (14157 with 2424.15.3.2 f/w).

Now the core:
1. Get access to edit the registry.
2. Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo and edit those keys
"PhoneManufacturer"="HIGHSCREEN"
"PhoneManufacturerModelName"="WinWin"
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-88"
Yes, it not Lumia, it's small OEM from CIS (Russia, Ukraine etc.)
This is model gets 14226 (sic!) without any PfD or Windows Insider programs. I experimentally found that the update to the 8.1.2 gets only 14226 and 14234!
3. So, after editing we go to the settings and get 14226.
4. Install Windows Insider and choose Fast Ring, it's okay if there is no any other rings.
5. Install 8.1.2!
6. Now do hard reset to delete Windows Insider.
7. ???
8. PROFIT.

Fantastically smoothy update, that will add stability to you phone and some cool stuff.

P.S.:
If you don't know how to:
or
Use Google. I don't want to google for you and explain to you my clumsy English.

Last edited:

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
No! Sorry guys! I just discussed about this update on my russian forum and forgot about you.
All actions I performed under "sterile conditions" (I flashed my phone CMJ1 with ATO CSC and downloaded all latest updates with new firmware).

Now the core:

This is model gets 14226 (sic!) without any PfD or Windows Insider programs. I experimentally found that the update to the 8.1.2 gets only 14226 and 14234!
4. Install Windows Insider and choose Fast Ring, it's okay if there is no any other rings.
5. Install 8.1.2!
7. ???
8. PROFIT.

Fantastically smoothy update, that will add stability to you phone and some cool stuff.

P.S.:

or

Use Google. I don't want to google for you and explain to you my clumsy English.

I read we can delete windows insider during preparation of update installation to avoid to receive Win10

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Now the core:

5. Install 8.1.2!
7. ???
8. PROFIT.

P.S.:

or

Tried, no update. With and without Windows Insider

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it says my device isn't developer unlocked even after hard reset. Looks like Insider program changes that part just like you said. I'll have to reflash my phone back to GDR3 and start over. Wish we had the 8.1 image to flash, this is really long process.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Grozaman for instructions, once again. Maybe it needs to be marked in different thread or something like that, to not get lost?

Just want to report that I successfully updated to 8.1.2 using grozaman's method and will report experience in next days.

Edit: Added pic.
3e48a59076015df83947c833e4c989de.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss