Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Adreno 225 is better than 305, I done a benchmark with my brother's 640XL, I got 19fps, him 13. The same with same benchmark on an Android device with S410 and Adreno 306, only 13 vs 19 of my ativ.

Sent from my Ativ S with Tapatalk 2

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
640 could be better in sunlight, but Ativ S screen is simply beautiful by itself and not difficult to read at all.

Agreed, I compared the screen on the 630 my mum has with my ATIV S in Facebook Messenger and you could tell that the 630 screen looked washed out.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
640 could be better in sunlight, but Ativ S screen is simply beautiful by itself and not difficult to read at all.

Agreed, I compared the screen on the 630 my mum has with my ATIV S in Facebook Messenger and you could tell that the 630 screen looked washed out.

Yes, ATIV S's screen can be real pain to watch it in direct sunlight or outdoors with lots of brightness, but guess how i solve that problem? Simply, I ordered a high quality anti-glare screen protectors, problem solved :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I found something interesting, AIDA64 states that the ATIV S has a SD S4 Plus MSM8960 in it so we have BT4.0 and LTE Support.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I found something interesting, AIDA64 states that the ATIV S has a SD S4 Plus MSM8960 in it so we have BT4.0 and LTE Support.

I am surprised you didn't know that so far? Yes we do have that but i guess we need to be interop unlocked (guess that's the level we need to tinker with the Registry?) and i am sure that the bands for LTE are there but we somehow need to find the registry that enables that. Someone with more WP hacking knowledge please correct me if i am wrong. So far I think grozaman can try this on his ATIV S since mine is still not interop unlocked.
But for the sake of confirmation, I will check if AIDA64 will say the same for my ATIV S too like it said on neo's ATIV S.

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No, T899M and I8750 have different chipset (some guys already checked this). So there are no registry hacks to enable LTE on I8750 model. BT4.0 theoretically there, but it's hardware disabled by Samsung. Samsung can probably activate it, but apparently he's too lazy :D

Just a note: Even with the Interop Unlock, you cannot edit the entire registry. Often, the main system partitions of registry can be edited only by using customs. So it's cause the problem to test quickly.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I just did a test with AIDA64 and here are the results:
(I scale down the images but the image of all test screen together got big again)
However, it is too bad that we have the CPU but we cannot enable the LTE, what a shame...
Anyway, grozaman, what kind of unlocking level we need to get the registry we usually cannot? Developer unlock or Full Unlock?
Ok, here are the screenshots from AIDA64 from my phone put in one picture:
AIDA64-ATIV_S-i8750.jpg

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ativ S has BT 4.0 enabled from Windows Phone 8.1 update because it can be paired with Fitbit and BT 4.0 heart rate monitors.
Really Kaunaz? So, I have on my own the latest WP8.1.1, so that means mine is already enabled? Wow, that's nice to know.

maybe after w10 update LTE will be enabled
If I understand grozaman, we have on our i8750 ATIV S's a different chipset where LTE doesn't exist.

momonedusa

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Not if you use auto brightness.

mine with auto brightness, but even with brightness locked to high, is very difficult to see in strong sunlight condition.
It's not a problem og flare, but the amoled brightness. Sure, i'0m very myopic, maybe for others the problem is lower but... I think for everybody is more difficult.
I prefer i can easily to see everything than better color or similar.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am surprised you didn't know that so far? Yes we do have that but i guess we need to be interop unlocked (guess that's the level we need to tinker with the Registry?) and i am sure that the bands for LTE are there but we somehow need to find the registry that enables that. Someone with more WP hacking knowledge please correct me if i am wrong. So far I think grozaman can try this on his ATIV S since mine is still not interop unlocked.
But for the sake of confirmation, I will check if AIDA64 will say the same for my ATIV S too like it said on neo's ATIV S.

Oh I knew that so it was more for the benefit of those who didn't know. LTE would be difficult to get working for several reasons, it might be disabled in the firmware or on the SoC itself not only that I would guess the antenna we would need is missing as well. Also the MSM8960 has support for LTE but chances are that it's disabled in the SoC rather than firmware.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No, T899M and I8750 have different chipset (some guys already checked this). So there are no registry hacks to enable LTE on I8750 model. BT4.0 theoretically there, but it's hardware disabled by Samsung. Samsung can probably activate it, but apparently he's too lazy :D

Just a note: Even with the Interop Unlock, you cannot edit the entire registry. Often, the main system partitions of registry can be edited only by using customs. So it's cause the problem to test quickly.

Go check the specs for the SD S4 Plus MSM8960, the SoC in the i8750, and you'll see that it DOES have BT4.0 which was enabled with WP8.1 as you can pair BT4.0 devices to it. LTE would be in the SoC itself but disabled as the relevant antenna isn't in the i8750.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99