Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Samsung could enable LTE in i8750
but WHY would they do it? Its a 2,5y. old mobile phone
they have 0.0 interest (profit) to enable LTE
:)

I assume you have proof that the required antenna is present in the i8750 along with it only being disabled in the firmware then?

It's not that they won't, rather they can't as it's probably turned off in the SoC itself not to mention the fact that the i8750 is likely to be missing the LTE antenna.

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
It's not that they won't, rather they can't as it's probably turned off in the SoC itself not to mention the fact that the i8750 is likely to be missing the LTE antenna.

This is more likely the scenario as here in Australia our 3.5g is the same as the North American LTE service and I have never had the 3.5g icon displayed.

I can tear down my non active handset and take photos of you want

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I assume you have proof that the required antenna is present in the i8750 along with it only being disabled in the firmware then?

antenna or not
the basic question is
would Samsung enable LTE on a nearly 3y. old mobile phone?
The answer is.... :)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
There is way, few times already explained by grozaman and some other members (sorry for not remembering). Search a little bit. I'm now donloading it on my Ativ S. Hope it doesn't burn my house.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, good news, firemen didn't had to react.
I've installed successfully on my phone (latest FW v15), only had trouble with masking my phone, somehow it didn't change the parameters in "about phone" and and only after few tries managed to start. But, anyway, isntalation went smooth. I've previously hard reseted my phone, and did hard reset after upgrade. It's necessary after, few apps didn't wanted to start.
But after that, it works smooth. Pain is with Store beta app, it updates app veeery slowly, but it's better after it updates itself.
Overall, this build is much better than previous. It's pretty smooth, and didn't had any reboots or major lags. Switching from app to app is much, much, much better then in 8.1, so much faster. I've had a lot of resuming screens with Messenger and it was frustrating, often waiting up to 10 sec and often crashing the app. Now, switching back to app takes only 2 second max, no resuming at all. Maybe even faster. And it stays in memory whole morning.
There is sometimes lag after unlocking and when coming back to start screen. I've had to manually set the apn. Overall it's pretty good. If it doesn't suck up the batter (which I think it will) I won't be coming back to 8.1. Looks stable enough. Almost like Android :D

Overall, should you try it? I advised on previous build to not install, and won't advise now because of the all the risk which are increased with our phone , but if you wan't to try, can give it a try, it's not unusable as it was the case in past, it's actually good for alpha software.

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Haven't you had any reboot?
I might try to so. Can you tell us by what model you masked the ativ S in the registry to perform the update?
I'd take any other advice too.
If I may ask? Thank you.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
antenna or not
the basic question is
would Samsung enable LTE on a nearly 3y. old mobile phone?
The answer is.... :)

It's not that they won't but rather that they can't, what would be the point of enabling something that no one with an ATIV S would be able to use anyway?

twiggymariner

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
...but if you wan't to try, can give it a try

I might just do that! I've become so annoyed by missing calls and SMSs on my Ativ S under WP 8.1.1 that I have retired it (hopefully temporarily) and bought an el-cheapo Android phone to see if that does what I want. So far, it seems to do the job.

Can anyone tell me whether WP 10 has the ability to repeatedly remind you about missed calls/SMSs? If it can, I'll go back to the Ativ S.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte