Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Today, July 20th is a birthday to our forum and thread member maki01, So I wish him a very happy birthday and may Samsung surprise him (and all of us ATIV S-ers) with a follow up of ATIV S2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY :)

don braithwaite

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
The ATIV S T899M is also MSM8960. I'm not sure that I understand how Windows 10 is going to work with the carriers, but if it does have to go through the carrier, Canada will never see W10 considering we just got W8.1 a few months ago :)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Dusane, pa gde ides brate? LOL
Anyway, in your core you are a WP fan, so it's the matter of time when you return to your family, hehe.
It was a real pleasure having debate, exchange and share knowledge with a person with such an enthusiasm and dedication to maybe one of the best WP phones produced. How I see the ATIV S is: Once you go ATIV S, the only thing that will make you change it is the ATIV S2 :)
However, ... LG Spirit? Seriously? :)))
See you soon bro, maybe this autumn :)

I've just seen your post now :D
Well, looks like I'm coming back. :D But now with Lumia 735. I have offer to exchange my Spirit for 735 tomorrow and probably I will. I like my LG, it's wonderful, nice camera mybe even better then Ativ S, back buttons, great curved display, but can't stand the fact that it can lag randomly few times a day and I have to wait and wait. And Gorilla Glass 3 on it is poor, for first time I didn't put screen guard on and plastic of my external battery scratched it far worse that it would my old L520. Otherwise, it would be nice phone with W10 on it. :D

Anyway, my brother also sold Ativ S I gave him and he is on Lagdroid now with some old LG.

Problem with my Ativ was that it started to age. Not the processor or GPU, not in terms of speed, but the battery and housing. It's Sammy's poor build quality, mostly batteries on Samsung phones die faster and color of housing started to peel of when taking off the silicon case. I'm taking it off only after few couople of weeks to cleand dust under it, but really. i my have stayed longer but can't find replacement battery anywhere, even on the net.

BTW, thanks to everybody who said good buy to me it this thread :)

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Problem with my Ativ was that it started to age. Not the processor or GPU, not in terms of speed, but the battery and housing. It's Sammy's poor build quality, mostly batteries on Samsung phones die faster and color of housing started to peel of when taking off the silicon case. I'm taking it off only after few couople of weeks to cleand dust under it, but really. i my have stayed longer but can't find replacement battery anywhere, even on the net.

Well... aliexpress.com
Original Samsung replacement battery for Ativ S here: 100% Original Replacement Battery For Samsung ATIV S i8750 i8370 i8790 EB L1M1NLU 2330mAh-in Mobile Phone Batteries from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Original housing here: Free shipping Retail original quality mobile phone housing for samsung ATIV S I8750, cover for samsung ATIV S I8750-in Phone Bags & Cases from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Costs w shipping: US20 dollars

Maybe "my" internet is better then yours? :D

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I was about to quote him and send the same url's from AliExpress, but then i saw your comment, LOL.
Yes, Dushan, what Pappale send you are the original parts, i order the same ones for a friend from Skopje who was also on the edge to sold his ATIV S and get probably some new Lumia. He had the same problem with the aging of the phone, after almost 2 years his ATIV S didn't had one scratch on the Gorilla Glass 2 (guess we got the quality one here). Then i said to him, that i can order the original spare parts he needed for his ATIV S and both are coming "free shipping" to Macedonia. 11 days later he have a "new" ATIV S :).
On the other side, my ATIV S is now turning 17 months of usage and still looks like brand new, no aging whatsoever. Whats the secret? It's simple, I didn't use any cases, I just used a leather pouch from day 1 :).
Glad to hear you are back to your family, 735 is an awesome device, my converted Android fan friend is using it now and loves it. :)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Housing doesn't ship to my country, but I remember changing housing on phones earlier, in most cases it doesn't fit well.

I swear I searched for battery and didn't found any. Good to know they are available there. You must have better internetz.

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys...my phone went charging very slow those 2 days..and today it wont charging...after so time i observe that its charging same slow..but not showing any indicator at battery...i hard reset it but i still have the problem..i didnt restore any backup..when i plug the phone while its OFF on charge its keep vibrating and no booting instead of booting normaly..its booting only by buton beeing unpluged...what dafuq happen?

That happend to my ATIV 4 days ago - it didn't indicate that it is charging, but it was. I rebooted the phone but the bug stayed. For 2 charges, first was to 100% the other stopped at only 90% (!) it behaved strange like this, but after that it seems the bug is gone. :straight:

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Maybe kinda of bug Ive send it to service and they replace the charge usb six times and they told me they couldn't repair it...I take the phone from they home and I plugged in..its charging flawless...so its seems it was something..maybe the battery its showing his life...atleast they could observe that and made me pay..nice

nRavi

May 6, 2015
Visit site
hello friends, due to time constraint i am unable to keep up with the forum and the latest from you guys. just went thru the last few pages and it seems we all are still awaiting the update 2 for our ATIV S. its already time for W10M to arrive and we are still on update 1. hope we get update 2 soon or may be direct W10M.

Boris, i see u are also using Lumia 930. hows that phone? i heard battery is not that good. please tell me about 930. i am planning to go for my second windows phone and i am stuck between Lumia 930 and Lumia 640 LTE.

thanks friends for all your time and efforts in keeping our ATIV S forum live and happening...

cheersss...

nauman73

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Screen of my Ativ S broke recently due to a fall. Ativ S will remain with me and I will try to get the screen repaired. This is not possible in Pakistan and I will have to get the screen from abroad (got Ativ S from US through a relative). So have to move to my next phone. Due to limitations of Windows Phone in Pakistan (e.g. almost no maps coverage, limited to no support from carriers, and no chance of repairs etc.) I have decided to move to Android phone. I hope Windows Phone gets more popular in Pakistan and Microsoft also makes some effort on making it visible here.

ranseb

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Haven't had a reboot for a few months now, but witnessed that issue already several times since I got my device in November 2013. Will take a look at that in the future.

Just a short notice, the last update doesn't seem to work very well for me, had three reboots within 10 days when we were on holiday in areas with poor coverage. Now back home everything works fine again. :straight:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
hello friends, due to time constraint i am unable to keep up with the forum and the latest from you guys. just went thru the last few pages and it seems we all are still awaiting the update 2 for our ATIV S. its already time for W10M to arrive and we are still on update 1. hope we get update 2 soon or may be direct W10M.

Boris, i see u are also using Lumia 930. hows that phone? i heard battery is not that good. please tell me about 930. i am planning to go for my second windows phone and i am stuck between Lumia 930 and Lumia 640 LTE.

thanks friends for all your time and efforts in keeping our ATIV S forum live and happening...

cheersss...

I also have a 930 and after installing all the updates it's a much better device. The battery seems to be pretty good, I get over a day out of a single charge but that all depends on how many apps you have running background tasks and how heavily you use the device so YMMV. The 930 also suffered from screen lift and heating issues but I've seen none of that on my 930 aside from the initial set up which did heat the device up significantly, I do notice the heat from it more though but that's mainly due to the aluminium chassis.

Overall I personally think that it's a great device.

Marin Frenky

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, looks like I'm coming back. :D But now with Lumia 735. I have offer to exchange my Spirit for 735 tomorrow and probably I will. I like my LG, it's wonderful, nice camera mybe even better then Ativ S, back buttons, great curved display, but can't stand the fact that it can lag randomly few times a day and I have to wait and wait. And Gorilla Glass 3 on it is poor, for first time I didn't put screen guard on and plastic of my external battery scratched it far worse that it would my old L520. Otherwise, it would be nice phone with W10 on it. :D

Anyway, my brother also sold Ativ S I gave him and he is on Lagdroid now with some old LG.

BTW, thanks to everybody who said good buy to me it this thread :)

about the battery life i have noticed something. For about last few months I've been charging my phone on an usb port of my PC. last week i charged it using charger I got with phone. The battery last less when charged using charger whics is genuine samsung.
When charged on pc usb, battery consumption is around 1.1%/hour, overnight and mostly standby during time i work so after 1 day after charge batter goes to about 70-75%.
When charged on charger it goes down noticeably faster, sometimes after 1 day of using it the same way battery goes down to 60-65%. And i believe it chargers some faster when on usb. Also if i overcharge it on usb for about 30min after getting to 100% it last a bit longer, goes no less than 80% after 1 day (24h) which is a tad less than 1%/h

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro