Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
for sure we can
but what about the performance? Ativ S is nearby 3 years old
how will it perform with only a dual core CPU? 1GB ram is enough for basic use but the dual core CPU (the GPU is slow too) is too old

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
for sure we can
how will it perform with only a dual core CPU? 1GB ram is enough for basic use but the dual core CPU (the GPU is slow too) is too old

Considering W10M is supposed to run on the Lumia 520 I think the ATIV S will run it just fine.

nRavi

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Neo, thanks a lot for your honest comments on 930. Now I am thinking of waiting for 940/950 or whatever comes the next. Loving Windows OS so much that dont want to even think of going back to Android. Also dont want to part away from ATIV S but if they are not going to upgrade our beloved ATIV S to W10M then one day we all have to move on to other W10M devices. Samsung must do something about ATIV S. As Microsoft did not give Insider Preview for ATIV S, the chances of ATIV S getting W10M are almost ZERO. HTC One (M8) got the Preview but ATIV S was left out. Hoping for things to change and ATIV S getting official W10M...

Thanks everyone for the updates... Hope ATIV S keeps us all together with W10M...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Neo, thanks a lot for your honest comments on 930. Now I am thinking of waiting for 940/950 or whatever comes the next. Loving Windows OS so much that dont want to even think of going back to Android. Also dont want to part away from ATIV S but if they are not going to upgrade our beloved ATIV S to W10M then one day we all have to move on to other W10M devices. Samsung must do something about ATIV S. As Microsoft did not give Insider Preview for ATIV S, the chances of ATIV S getting W10M are almost ZERO. HTC One (M8) got the Preview but ATIV S was left out. Hoping for things to change and ATIV S getting official W10M...

Thanks everyone for the updates... Hope ATIV S keeps us all together with W10M...

No problem, I'm looking at the 950XL as well as I currently have an Android device as a backup and getting a 950XL as either a primary or backup device to ditch Android for good. I totally agree about the ATIV S though. Samsung have to do something, either a new device running W10M or release W10M for the ATIV S.

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
for sure we can

Snapdragon 400/410 are not more powerful than our S4 Plus. Adreno 225 (S4 Plus' GPU) is more powerful than 305/306 (400/410's GPU). Tried with benchmark against my brother's 640XL (Snap 400/Adreno 305) and my gf's Desire 620 (Snap 410/Adreno 306). Both are 2015 devices. They only use less battery. So Ativ S is still a good phone IMHO

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Snapdragon 400/410 are not more powerful than our S4 Plus. Adreno 225 (S4 Plus' GPU) is more powerful than 305/306 (400/410's GPU). Tried with benchmark against my brother's 640XL (Snap 400/Adreno 305) and my gf's Desire 620 (Snap 410/Adreno 306). Both are 2015 devices. They only use less battery. So Ativ S is still a good phone IMHO

Don't mix WP with Android in pure benchmarking.
Also, while S4 have more powerful cores, 400 have four of them, and switching from app to app and resuming, not to say "multitasking", is noticeable faster on my new 735 than on my former Ativ S. ATIV is better in single core tasks but in real use S400 brings improvements and ia faster.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

without proper firmware the whole system will be useless. DualCore is slow compared to QuadCore only one thing is in optimum range = 1GB ram nothing else but IDK anymore. I will buy a new Microsoft phone so my Ativ S will "die" with WP8.1.1. Anyways it was a nice journey :) I dont regret buying this phone but its time to move forward

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
without proper firmware the whole system will be useless. DualCore is slow compared to QuadCore only one thing is in optimum range = 1GB ram nothing else but IDK anymore. I will buy a new Microsoft phone so my Ativ S will "die" with WP8.1.1. Anyways it was a nice journey :) I dont regret buying this phone but its time to move forward

True, but just keep the ATIV S, just as a spare phone, to see what happens with Win10 and official Samsung firmware (if they announce it, lol). If Samsung doesn't show some new W10 device in the next 6 months, I am sure gonna buy the new MS flagship whatever that will be, but i am not selling the beloved ATIV S. Will keep it as a spare device or at least experimental device :).
Hey Pappale, what if Samsung produce the ATIV S2, with let's say 3GB of RAM, 32GB base model, micro sd, 16MP OIS camera and Win10 on it, would you buy it? (doesn't matter the design) :)

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
True, but just keep the ATIV S, just as a spare phone, to see what happens with Win10 and official Samsung firmware (if they announce it, lol). If Samsung doesn't show some new W10 device in the next 6 months, I am sure gonna buy the new MS flagship whatever that will be, but i am not selling the beloved ATIV S. Will keep it as a spare device or at least experimental device :).
Hey Pappale, what if Samsung produce the ATIV S2, with let's say 3GB of RAM, 32GB base model, micro sd, 16MP OIS camera and Win10 on it, would you buy it? (doesn't matter the design) :)

if they release a Samsung S6/Note5/EDGE with WP10 - YES
if they release just a refreshed Samsung S5 with WP10 - NO because the price will be too high and I wont pay for 1/2y. old refubrished HW
:)

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
what if Samsung produce the ATIV S2, with let's say 3GB of RAM, 32GB base model, micro sd, 16MP OIS camera and Win10 on it, would you buy it? (doesn't matter the design) :)

No. They quite clearly are not 100% dedicated to the OS or consumers. They are however 100% dedicated to filing there own pockets with money. Nobody who owns a Ativ S can say that they have had smooth support from 8-8.10.1
I'd I did not change my CSC I'm sure that I would still be on win 8

luiz eduardo4

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm new here'm from Brazil and I'm Ativ S is version 8.10.14203 and firmware 0424.13.10.1 use TIM operator would like to know how to upgrade to Windows 10 and whether it is worth or better and upgrade to the latest version 8.1 and as I do because I am with the Preview for Developers and inform the unit that is already updated.

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I moved forward, I sold Ativ and I bought a Lumia 930

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Did u get it today? Do you remember which one did your phone have?

Last week, I upgraded to 10. Then I reflashed 8.1 with ITV csc and I received all the updates. I read on an other forum too that other italian users received it. This is a good news: maybe Samsung will support our devices with Win 10 too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss