Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
it looks like some virus f* up the system. Just read the description, its a regular Windows 7/8/10 error message, nothing to do with WP. How should you hit F8 on a smartphone?

Just reflash it with the newest 8.1 or 10 image, you dont need the exact same rom as you have now and change NEE to ATO for better update support (if any will be realeased)
Thank you Pappale, Guess will do the flashing. Strange is that that screenshot was on my phone, holly sh*t :)
You don't need to find this one, use the DOC2: DNI is the ROM from September 2014. DOC is the one generated in March 2015.
If you absolutely need the DNI, I think you'll need to ask on windowsmania.pl - Ativ S ROM. All the Ativ S stock ROM come from this Polish website.
Ok, Guess will do the flashing of this DOC2. Any links from pages of tutorial about this? Or if it is not hard to point me to the links that i will need it to flash this DOC2 roms? Btw, I can enter Download Mode (I guess). Thank you guys for helping me. :)

EDIT: Is this the ROM I need?
http://www.windowsmania.pl/romy-222...-custom-windowsmania-p-wp8-1-gdr1-doc2-20218/

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Do not use this one: it's a custom ROM. Use the DOC2 ROM from grozaman's Yandex drive (Firmware/8.1 GDR1 (NEW!)?). Also download the CSC file (same folder as the ROM) and SMD Binary Downloader v3.54 (drive root).
Then, it's pretty straightforward:
  1. Enter download mode on your Ativ S
  2. Launch SMD Binary Downloader v3.54
  3. Connect your phone (must be in download mode)
  4. Select the ROM file (yellow folder)
  5. Select the CSC file (green folder)
  6. Select the new CSC for your phone (at the left of the start button)
  7. Launch the flash process (Start button)
Note that if you launch SMD Binary Downloader after connecting your phone, it won't be detected. You need to launch SMD Binary Downloader before connecting it to your PC.

EDIT: You may need to install the Samsung USB drivers. You can download it from the Samsung developer website. These ones are signed so no need to disable Windows driver signature verification.

Attachments

• SMD.jpg
    SMD.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Do not use this one: it's a custom ROM. Use the DOC2 ROM from grozaman's Yandex drive (Firmware/8.1 GDR1 (NEW!)…). Also download the CSC file (same folder as the ROM) and SMD Binary Downloader v3.54 (drive root).
Then, it's pretty straightforward:
  1. Enter download mode on your Ativ S
  2. Launch SMD Binary Downloader v3.54
  3. Connect your phone (must be in download mode)
  4. Select the ROM file (yellow folder)
  5. Select the CSC file (green folder)
  6. Select the new CSC for your phone (at the left of the start button)
  7. Launch the flash process (Start button)
Note that if you launch SMD Binary Downloader after connecting your phone, it won't be detected. You need to launch SMD Binary Downloader before connecting it to your PC.
Ok bro, thanks for the tip, will report you back what have I done :)
Ok, here goes nothing, LoL

EDIT: I have Windows 10 on my lap top, will that be a problem with the software and the method?

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep, sorry, I edited my post too late. You also need the Samsung USB drivers. Check my previous post (EDIT part).
EDIT: And Windows 10 won't be a problem. I'm also on Windows 10 and everything works fine.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep, sorry, I edited my post too late. You also need the Samsung USB drivers. Check my previous post (EDIT part).
EDIT: And Windows 10 won't be a problem. I'm also on Windows 10 and everything works fine.

Ok, in the Firmware folder there are 3 files:
- GT-I8750 XXDOC2_RS_signed.wp8 (1.67GB, downloading at the moment)
- GT-I8750_OXADOC2_RS.csc (10MB, downloading at the moment)
- GT-I8750_XXDOC2_RS_signed.zip (Dunno what this is, but i suppose is a ZIP from for the two previous files, not downloading atm)

In the Root folder I need to download this files, right?:
- SamsungUSBDriver.msi
- WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.54.exe

Then, first I install SamsungUSBDriver.msi, then installing WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.54.exe and then start with the method you describe. Did i get it all right? :)

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Only download SMD v3.54 from the root folder. Take the drivers from Samsung developer website (here). The reason is the SamsungUSBDriver is an old version which is not signed so you'll need to disable the Windows driver signature verification. With the drivers from Samsung official website, you won't need to disable this verification.
After installing the Samsung USB drivers, you reboot and then follow the steps from my previous post.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Only download SMD v3.54 from the root folder. Take the drivers from Samsung developer website (here). The reason is the SamsungUSBDriver is an old version which is not signed so you'll need to disable the Windows driver signature verification. With the drivers from Samsung official website, you won't need to disable this verification.
After installing the Samsung USB drivers, you reboot and then follow the steps from my previous post.

Ok, I did download and install the drivers from the Samsung web site as you said and not from Yandex one. Will restart now and will begin with the process. Will let you know later how it went (if you are not sleeping by that time, lol) Thanks again bro :)

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Don't worry, I won't be sleeping: I'm in Montreal until the 26th so its 5:41pm here.

By the way, about W10M and the Ativ S, I've received another answer from the Samsung support: our beloved Ativ S won't receive W10M.
In its answer, the support told me Samsung does not have any upgrade scheduled for the Ativ S. Below is the interesting part from their answer:
Nous vous informons que, pour l’instant, Samsung ne pr?voit pas une mise ? jour de la version Windows de l’Ativ S.

Nous vous pr?cisons ?galement que nous ne disposons pas de la date exacte de la mise ? jour pour ce produit.

So I'm going to wait for the 850... If it comes out one day.
I could go for the 950 too but the current offers do not interest me (wireless charging station).

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry, I won't be sleeping: I'm in Montreal until the 26th so its 5:41pm here.

By the way, about W10M and the Ativ S, I've received another answer from the Samsung support: our beloved Ativ S won't received W10M.
In its answer, the support told me Samsung does not have any upgrade scheduled for the Ativ S. Below is the interesting part from their answer:

So I'm going to wait for the 850... If it comes out one day.
I could go for the 950 too but the current offers do not interest me (wireless charging station).

About not having W10M, well, that's unfortunate :(
Anyway, I think we have a problem, so here what i have done so far:
- download all the files you told me to, including the samsung usb drivers from Samsung page you point me out.
- I install the USB drivers, restart the lap top
- Put the ATIV S in download mode
- Run the Downloader
- Connect the phone
- Load the rom and csc, choose the CSC, but the Start button stayed gray. Guess because it didn't recognize the phone!
So, I have few more questions if you don't mind:
1. I put all the files in D drive (C drive is the system drive), does that have something to do with the Dwonloader? Do i need to run it from C?
2. My phone was never flashed before so that means it was never TP-ed or Interop Unlocked. Do I need to Interop Unlock it first then continue with the procedure?
Here is the screenshot:
WP8Dwnldr.jpg

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I think that last time I flashed my brothers phone I had problems with 3.54. I think it wasn't recognized at first and then it returned error while it flashing main OS part.
I don't know how I resolved not recognized, it probably was reinstalling of drivers and be sure to run SMDDownloader in administrator mode, but if you have more problems with 3.54 I can confirm that latest firmware (DOC2?) is perfectly flashable with 3.51.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I think that last time I flashed my brothers phone I had problems with 3.54. I think it wasn't recognized at first and then it returned error while it flashing main OS part.
I don't know how I resolved not recognized, it probably was reinstalling of drivers and be sure to run SMDDownloader in administrator mode, but if you have more problems with 3.54 I can confirm that latest firmware (DOC2?) is perfectly flashable with 3.51.

Well, I had a problem with the recognition of the phone, but then i turn off the phone, put it again in download mode, the Downloader 3.54 was already on, and the moment i plug the phone it did recognize it immediately, and the flashing went without problem. I flash the rom and then just cuz of my habit i hard reset it again. Then i start to set it up and today is working as a charm. BUT, i have a problem now. Whenever i put it to the wall charger, it doesn't notify me with a sound that the phone is put to charge and the battery app and on Battery saver doesn't shows that the phone is charging, but in matter of fact the battery does charge, it just doesn't shows on the phone. Other thing is when i plug it to my lap top, it does charge but doesn't recognize the phone (my lap top is on W10). Today at work all computers are Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 machines, on none of them it recognized the phone, but the battery does charge even tho it doesn't shows on the phone too.
So, anyone occur this kind of bug with this rom? The thing is that if i want to download or upload some stuff on the phone i can do it with that Easy Transfer app that uses the wi-fi connection. But with that you are limited where you put the content. Any solution guys?

Rimil0uz

May 29, 2015
Visit site
You could try charging to 100% and doing a hardreset w/o the cable pluged. I like to have the phone 100% charged before hardreset so there is no error calibrating the battery after the hard-reset.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You could try charging to 100% and doing a hardreset w/o the cable pluged. I like to have the phone 100% charged before hardreset so there is no error calibrating the battery after the hard-reset.

These batteries does not need calibrating like the ones we use to know on Java/Featured phones. These are smart batteries, they work differently, no calibration or anything like that. You just put it inside and charge it and you are good to go.
Anyway, the problem I post above is when i flash the rom after that i notice that, then i charge the phone up to around 70% and hard reset it, the problem still exist. It's not that big of a problem, it does charge the phone even if the lap top or computer doesn't sees it and the phone doesn't get you notifications that the phone is plugged. Will try some things and will see if i can fix this. The problem is obviously on the phone side, because previously i just plug the phone in any computer and after the driver autoinstalls i can reach the phone through File Manager on that computer. Doesn't matter if that computer works on Win XP, 7, 8.1 or 10 :)

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
By the way, about W10M and the Ativ S, I've received another answer from the Samsung support: our beloved Ativ S won't receive W10M.

I was thinking too. I don't think we will be getting W10M on our phones. Cause it is awfully quite at Samsung about Windows and M$. Also still no new Sammy phones on Windows. Maybe it has to do something with the settlement with M$ ?!?
Also M$ promised a lot with Windows 10, but now they are pulling back.

To Boris; So you are no longer with your beloved NEE csc
I found this flash-booting-samsung-ativ-s-t3067482 with the same issue

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking too. I don't think we will be getting W10M on our phones. Cause it is awfully quite at Samsung about Windows and M$. Also still no new Sammy phones on Windows. Maybe it has to do something with the settlement with M$ ?!?
Also M$ promised a lot with Windows 10, but now they are pulling back.

To Boris; So you are no longer with your beloved NEE csc
I found this flash-booting-samsung-ativ-s-t3067482 with the same issue

Yeah, we had to part with my beloved NEE. hehe, And i did flash it and the phone is working great, but i have the plugged in recognition of the phone by my computer. It does charge the phone (but no notification on PC side or phone side that charging is ignited) and on other thing is, i guess it charges this way the battery only up to 92% and stops there. In any battery app or builded in Battery Saver doesn't shows that the phone is charging. I tried with different micro usb cables and pc's and lap top's, win7 and win10, same problems. After flash i did hard reset it, but now this problem occurs. If anyone have a suggestion how to solve this problem, would be highly appreciated.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I don't know if this was posted somewhere on internet (or i couldn't find it), but i just find out how to add a song as your ringtone without connecting your phone to the computer and use computer to copy ringtones to the Phone>Ringtones folder and that can be read when you open Settings>ringtones+sounds. Usually when we use Files (the file manager) and copy paste the song, it can't be seen in ringtones+sounds, so here is the trick how to do it:
1. Install Files on your phone
2. Select a ringtone or song you like to add (if it is on your SD card)
3. Previously change tags of the mp3 file (so it can read the name in ringtones+sounds)
4. After doing tags, rename the file as ringtone.mp3
5. Using Files copy the ringtone.mp3 file in the Ringtones folder in Phone memory (Phone>Ringtones)
6. Open Settings>ringtones+sounds (your custom ringtone will be on the top of the list)
7. Choose that and enjoy it

nRavi

May 6, 2015
Visit site
sorry friends, i had to trade my beloved ATIV S to get my new GALAXY S6. the long journey with ATIV was really fantastic. i m going to miss my ATIV a lottt but had to part with it. as mentioned earlier, because of ATIV i had started loving Windows OS and all the time was hoping for another great Windows device from Samsung. i had been a Samsung fan all the time but was ready to jump over to Microsoft for Lumia 950. somehow, 950 did not impress me like Samsung devices do and so decided to stay back with Samsung. the long long wait for 950 was interesting. i followed almost each and every site for latest on 950. but the final 950 did not had that appeal to make me ditch Samsung and move to Microsoft. for me the device matters more than the OS. i followed Samsung with Symbian (X700), Bada (Wave), ATIV S (Windows) and now S6 (Android). first time on android and feeling good. the best part is, Microsoft is having their BEST apps on Android and i m loving using most of them. with ATIV i got addicted to Here Maps, Here Drive, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive, Office, Translator, Wordament, etc etc. and to my surprise all of these apps are available on Android. not only these, there are about 70+ Microsoft official apps on Android and thats making me feel at home. most of u know it but its new to me as i m new to Android.

even now i m eagerly waiting to hear that Samsung is making a Windows device and I will be back to Windows :).

thanks friends for all the support and company until here. will keep visiting u guys... hope u all get ur dream devices sooooon...

ps - Boris, hope ur ATIV is back to normal now...

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I guess it's final that Samsung refused to update the Ativ S. I think it's rather stupid since many weaker devices,like lumia 520 are getting the update. Hope to make some money to finally do the switch. I'd feel more in the MS ecosystem on Android anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99