Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
why dou you want to stick with the Ativ?

You can buy a Lumia 640 for just 130euros. You will get LTE and WP10. Thats cheap and the performance will be a lil bit better because the 640 has a quad core CPU and thats always better then the dual core. Or wait for the new metal case Lumia 650. Looks good too. I dont see any good arguments to stick with Ativ S. Its a nice phone but its getting realy old now :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

You can buy a Lumia 640 for just 130euros. You will get LTE and WP10. Thats cheap and the performance will be a lil bit better because the 640 has a quad core CPU and thats always better then the dual core. Or wait for the new metal case Lumia 650. Looks good too. I dont see any good arguments to stick with Ativ S. Its a nice phone but its getting realy old now :)

The only way I will stick with ATIV S will be cuz of nostalgic times and the curiosity to see if it will get W10 and how it will perform. I will keep it, but once I get that L950 or maybe that L650 (damn, those renders looks awesome) ATIV S will be my secondary/testing/fooling around device.
Btw. Pappale, did you get your L950? I was going for the 950XL, but then I settle for the L950, cuz it's more ... "friendly" in the hand :)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

640 isn't much better phone, if any. Under W10 Ativ S performs better than my 735, lag is smaller, animations are significantly faster and so on.
Bigger internal memory, better screen, NFC. Rear Cameras are similar, Ativ's is maybe better a bit.
It's still perfectly decent and capable phone.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
640 isn't much better phone, if any. Under W10 Ativ S performs better than my 735, lag is smaller, animations are significantly faster and so on.
Bigger internal memory, better screen, NFC. Rear Cameras are similar, Ativ's is maybe better a bit.
It's still perfectly decent and capable phone.

i was comparing 640 vs Ativ S, not 735

LTE and Quad core CPU + official WP10 support is a HUGE difference
i have a lil lag on my new Lumia 950XL... so what? Does this mean that the Ativ will run WP10 smoother than the 950XL? :-D
I dont need NFC.. but LTE is a must have for me. Internal memory for what? Games? Because anything else from music, videos or photos are uploaded to OneDrive... so I dont need a big internal memory. Whatever... Ativ S is a 2012 model, its time to move forward

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
i was comparing 640 vs Ativ S, not 735

LTE and Quad core CPU + official WP10 support is a HUGE difference
i have a lil lag on my new Lumia 950XL... so what? Does this mean that the Ativ will run WP10 smoother than the 950XL? :-D
I dont need NFC.. but LTE is a must have for me. Internal memory for what? Games? Because anything else from music, videos or photos are uploaded to OneDrive... so I dont need a big internal memory. Whatever... Ativ S is a 2012 model, its time to move forward

If you didn't know, 735 and 640 have same SoC, same amount of RAM. That's what I'm refering to.

Who would even think Ativ will run 10 better than 950? Don't be funny.
It's not about you not needing it. It's about it still having decent hardware for this platform and capable running 10 just fine. That's why people would like to still keep it.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

First of all in Balkan countries, 130 euros isn't any near to cheap (at least for average citizens like i am). And the second of all, i won't be getting Lumia 640 since i'm not really a huge fan of Win10 and Android/iOS have much brighter future regarding the MS apps.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Calm down guys, it's only a phone after all. I really don't think Ativ S is way outdated as Pappale said since i barely use cellular network and when i do, it does the job at a reasonable speed. Fingerprint scanner is a joke. I usually laugh at my friends when i see them trying to unlock their phones 50 times because their fingers are dirty. I was always more of a password guy anyway but that may be a personal preference. I would also like to note that some high end phones also don't have fingerprint scanner like LG G3 and HTC M8 and that didn't reduce their sales much AFAIK.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Paid $750 for my ATIV S and I'll continue to use it until it stops working. The upgrade to 8.1.2 hack was successful. Also, W10M is possible now on this phone.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Not as smooth as 8.0 for sure, but after hard reset I feel there's no difference between 8.1 and w10m(10586.71). Small lag from time to time but got way nicer main screen and UWP support ability secure the near future of the device. Battery on stand by/light use is great, almost no app crash. I feel it's OK to use it as daily driver in current form. Just hoping the wave of UWP apps arrive soon.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Not as smooth as 8.0 for sure, but after hard reset I feel there's no difference between 8.1 and w10m(10586.71). Small lag from time to time but got way nicer main screen and UWP support ability secure the near future of the device. Battery on stand by/light use is great, almost no app crash. I feel it's OK to use it as daily driver in current form. Just hoping the wave of UWP apps arrive soon.

Awesome, could you link me the guide you used to install? I'd really like to avoid bricking my daily driver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion