Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
There is no W10M update for the Samsung Ativ S and Samsung has no plan for such an update.
However, you can install W10M on your Ativ S by faking your phone manufacturer.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have 8.1.2 installed and, as far as I can tell, works just fine. There is an update to 10 on my phone but will wait till they work the bugs out... hopefully this summer.

vinc76

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I have followed your instructions and it worked quite well. Nevertheless, I pressed the button start and it took nearly 2 hours and nothing happened. At some Point the start button was available again and I shut down the Programm and removed the Samsung Ativ S. I tried it one more time and I get now the message that the Samsung can not be dedected anymore by Windows.
Can anybody help.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to write in this abandoned place but my wife left its ATIV S so I'm going to have some joy with it.

Currently it has:
  • CSC ATO
  • fw 15 (the latest official for ATO)
  • OS build 14203.306
This means that it hasn't Cortana Alpha for Italy.

From my experience I should be able to install a simple OS 8.1 version 14219.341 to be good.

But apparently I couldn't get it from PfD nor Windows Insiders. I have even Hard reset the device, went with my MS account (Insider enabled) and NO BUILD is showing available.

I'd want to hear from your experience if:
- I need a CustomPFD or some sort of hack to get till there instead. And if so, what's the best guide to do so and NOT INCUR in unwanted Windows 10M.
- What type of device I should "emulate" with the above, to avoid (like a plague) to come into W10M. What I mostly need is 14219.341 for Cortana Alpha or, at max 8.1 GDR2.

Thanks in advance, guys!

edited: I did hard reset and entered my W.Insider MSA credentials. Same applies.

Last edited:

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just to say that I followed the excellent Grozman's guide to port till 8.1.2 and.. it went fine, actually!

GDR2 installed and everything rocks (still restoring all the apps I had in my previous backup).

So, as of March 2016, the WinWin HIGHSCREEN phone is a perfect candidate to be emulated and get 8.1 GDR2 without any PfD or WI app.

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Just to say that I followed the excellent Grozman's guide to port till 8.1.2 and.. it went fine, actually!

GDR2 installed and everything rocks (still restoring all the apps I had in my previous backup).

So, as of March 2016, the WinWin HIGHTECH phone is a perfect candidate to be emulated and get 8.1 GDR2 without any PfD or WI app.

Well well, this is a great news, Thanks Macco :)

Dario Sacchi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hy guys I'm back 😊 and still using my ativ s, I follow this thread weekly and rest tuned whispering to read some good news about an official update to Windows 10.......thanks to all for sharing!

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
What about the battery life on .146? I'm planning to upgrade but still a bit skeptical about stability and battery life since i still use Ativ S as my main phone...

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I've just checked the update guide and it says to set the model to RM-825 which is Lumia 820 that is unfortunately no longer supported :/
Should i try using that model number or...?

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
It's just the first wave, there will be at least 2 more.

There is no second wave (source).

I've just checked the update guide and it says to set the model to RM-825 which is Lumia 820 that is unfortunately no longer supported :/
Should i try using that model number or...?

Just change your PhoneManufacturer to NOKIA, it's enough to chose a ring.