Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I'm in 8.10.14203.306, I've made an hard reset last month and have a couple of issues. Bluetooth: When connected to my car after about 5-10 minutes talking phone rest connected but without audio. Tethering wifi: Phone reboot when a device is connected... Did you happened anything similar?

I've never tried bluetooth connecting but i've never had any issues with wifi tethering. Try hard resetting it again, problems might go away.

Djacco

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello i got my fathers ativ s and like to upgrade tot 8.1 but the link to files in the guide and as mentioned in post #2602 does not work. Please help i would like to give this phone a new life.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, it's been a long time since i have posted something here or helped someone. I just want to thank all the contributors of this thread. It was a hell-of-a-ride discussing and helping about this brilliant device who unfortunately didn't get its fair prime time.
What i wanted to say is that after 2 and a half years of having this beautiful device, finally it came time to say Good Bye, but not because my beloved ATIV S stopped working, it was working perfectly, but because it got lost in a taxi cab. Usually this company returns lost phones, but i guess the taxi driver decided to keep it for him self. The thing is that this id1ot didn't knew that I did track my device that is still turned on and since i decided that there is no chance i will get my ATIV S back, i had to do the one thing that left at that moment... to remotely burn the phone, which i did and now whoever got my ATIV S will just have a brick. It had to be done to protect my privacy cuz of the content i had on that phone (Thank you OneDrive). I was hoping to the last that Samsung might get an ATIV S2 (W10Mobile), but they didn't, so, that's that. I bought Lumia 950 and in this 6 days i have it, it's been phenomenal.
Anyway, once again, thank you all for the great time i had on this thread. Stay all good, healthy and in great shape.
Windows Mobile will never die!
141118_070656.jpg

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, it's been a long time since i have posted something here or helped someone. I just want to thank all the contributors of this thread. It was a hell-of-a-ride discussing and helping about this brilliant device who unfortunately didn't get its fair prime time.
What i wanted to say is that after 2 and a half years of having this beautiful device, finally it came time to say Good Bye, but not because my beloved ATIV S stopped working, it was working perfectly, but because it got lost in a taxi cab. Usually this company returns lost phones, but i guess the taxi driver decided to keep it for him self. The thing is that this id1ot didn't knew that I did track my device that is still turned on and since i decided that there is no chance i will get my ATIV S back, i had to do the one thing that left at that moment... to remotely burn the phone, which i did and now whoever got my ATIV S will just have a brick. It had to be done to protect my privacy cuz of the content i had on that phone (Thank you OneDrive). I was hoping to the last that Samsung might get an ATIV S2 (W10Mobile), but they didn't, so, that's that. I bought Lumia 950 and in this 6 days i have it, it's been phenomenal.
Anyway, once again, thank you all for the great time i had on this thread. Stay all good, healthy and in great shape.
Windows Mobile will never die!
View attachment 132414

Cool Photo. Who is it?

Dale Mellott

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Do not use this one: it's a custom ROM. Use the DOC2 ROM from grozaman's Yandex drive (Firmware/8.1 GDR1 (NEW!)?). Also download the CSC file (same folder as the ROM) and SMD Binary Downloader v3.54 (drive root).
Then, it's pretty straightforward:
  1. Enter download mode on your Ativ S
  2. Launch SMD Binary Downloader v3.54
  3. Connect your phone (must be in download mode)
  4. Select the ROM file (yellow folder)
  5. Select the CSC file (green folder)
  6. Select the new CSC for your phone (at the left of the start button)
  7. Launch the flash process (Start button)
Note that if you launch SMD Binary Downloader after connecting your phone, it won't be detected. You need to launch SMD Binary Downloader before connecting it to your PC.

EDIT: You may need to install the Samsung USB drivers. You can download it from the Samsung developer website. These ones are signed so no need to disable Windows driver signature verification.

This helped.

I was fortunate to download the files previously as the link to the appropriate wp8 binary downloader 3.54 and the .wp8 and .csc file are not available via the link supplied in this thread. Use the samsung site link for the usb driver.

I'm not sure if i'm using the most up to date files for the ativ s but atleast I got my phone working again.

I plan on giving the phone away as I have replaced it, but you made someone less fortunate happy.

TY

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this saved my ATIV S too. But i kept the files on my MEGA cloud, so if someone still needs them, I'll give you the link to download them. And yes, those are the latest files to bring Samsung on WP8.1 Update 1

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this saved my ATIV S too. But i kept the files on my MEGA cloud, so if someone still needs them, I'll give you the link to download them. And yes, those are the latest files to bring Samsung on WP8.1 Update 1

Wow, i need them, i've seen that this thread was kinda abandoned and didn't want to bump it for that, i'd like for you to post the link publicly if someone still needs it if that is not an issue? Also, i've also said farewell to both Ativ S and Windows Mobile. I've moved on to Galaxy S7 and i must say that Android Marshmallow is much more better than what Android used to be when i made the switch over to Windows.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow, i need them, i've seen that this thread was kinda abandoned and didn't want to bump it for that, i'd like for you to post the link publicly if someone still needs it if that is not an issue? Also, i've also said farewell to both Ativ S and Windows Mobile. I've moved on to Galaxy S7 and i must say that Android Marshmallow is much more better than what Android used to be when i made the switch over to Windows.

Ok, here is the full link from the folder in case someone needs the files. These are the files that saved my Ativ S, I am not responsible if you screw up your phone, Do it only if you know what are you doing, if not, then give it to someone that knows what they are doing. The MEGA account is mine, so no worries. :)

Samsung ATIV S i8750 ROM Files FULL

What's inside the ZIP:
ZIP Content.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss