New battery

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't, simply because replacement batteries tend to lack the NFC functionality of the official ones.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't, simply because replacement batteries tend to lack the NFC functionality of the official ones.

Unless there's something that I didn't realize about Samsung phones, changing the battery shouldn't make affect NFC at all. The NFC hardware is built into the phone itself. I've swapped batteries before plenty of times and never lost NFC on my Lumia.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless there's something that I didn't realize about Samsung phones, changing the battery shouldn't make affect NFC at all. The NFC hardware is built into the phone itself. I've swapped batteries before plenty of times and never lost NFC on my Lumia.

I've seen some Galaxies such as the S III where the NFC coil and hardware was built on the battery.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Most, if not all, Samsung devices have the NFC antenna on the battery instead meaning that if you use a cheap replacement then you lose NFC. Just have a look at a Samsung battery and you'll see what I mean as it states "Near Field Communication" on it, it's a way for Samsung to force you to use official parts.

Last edited:

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Most, if not all, Samsung devices have the NFC antenna on the battery instead meaning that if you use a cheap replacement then you lose NFC. Just have a look at a Samsung battery and you'll see what I mean as it states "Near Field Communication" on the battery, it's a way for Samsung to force you to use official parts.

Ah, I see, I didn't know that before. Thanks for letting me know! And that stinks that they would do that.

AgentDelta

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody tried batteries from Mugen? (mugen *DOT* co/samsung.html)? I haven't, but from what I've seen they claim that their batteries for Samsung devices are NFC-capable. Granted, they also tend to be somewhat expensive.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster