Main(calls) ringtone reset to default when device restarts itself or I restart it.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me too. It doesn't seem to happen if you leave the notification sound at default. But if you change both of them, it resets your ringtone. Grrr.

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, since this only seems to be hapening to Samsung users, i guess we will have to wait for Samsung to fix this. AKA: this will never get fixed.

anon(6020507)

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone has a workaround for this? It changes the alarm sounds too. Sooo annoying.
This never happened to me with 8.1
Only started after 8.1 GDR1

-Samsung Ativ Neo

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the name reset is also something i've noticed myself. With all the bluetooth issues going on on the Ativ, that might also be a reason why it's difficult to get a descent connection using bluetooth.

It's almost like some values aren't written to the registry or configuration file in a permanent place. These settings should be permanent, but aren't written to the right place so they are lost after a reboot. Possibly a rights issue somewhere, be it registry or file system. I'm also wondering why only we seem to be having these issues, since i doubt these 'settings not being stored permanently' are just driver related. Seems funny to me that i.e. Nokia users arent reporting having these issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon