Hello guys!
    2 weeks ago I bought a brand new Ativ S, the device was updated 1 week ago to gdr3 and everything was fine, but from last 2 days my ativ s get crazy hot and fast when I play games or open almost every other app, do you have any solution?
    Thanks!
    09-06-2014 02:02 PM
    Do you have a case?
    09-06-2014 02:05 PM
    No, I don't have
    09-06-2014 02:07 PM
    Lower the brightness is the best you can do i think
    09-06-2014 02:09 PM
    brightness is set to medium, I forgot to mention that my phone gets hot in the zone just beneath the camera/LED, and even when I take pictures or browse on IE
    09-06-2014 02:12 PM
    I think its normal put on s case ansd you wont feel it's warming :)
    09-06-2014 02:14 PM
    I don't know what to say, I'm waiting for more opinions, anyway thanks!
    09-06-2014 02:31 PM
    Try a factory reset, that seems to solve heating issues.
    09-06-2014 05:13 PM
    It's normal for the phone to heat up a bit while using certain apps (games, sometimes messaging apps). So long as it's not actually burning you, that is...
    09-06-2014 07:48 PM
    you are not alone... try hard reset
    my phone overheats while browsing web sites, playing games or using 3G. Its hot but not burning hot so.. dont worry :)
    09-07-2014 05:17 AM
    Don't worry about it, all smartphones overheat after some time when you're gaming, transferring data through browsers/messaging apps etc. It shouldn't burn your hand or something, but getting a silicon case makes it bearable.
    09-07-2014 12:35 PM
    Actually what all say is true in some way. But, the first month is the worst in every smartphone. First of all the battery "learns" how you use the phone and it sets itself. When i bought my ATIV S back in march, i had the same problems till around end of April, after that, everything is working as it should. No crazy overheating, no battery drains, no unstable battery indicators, etc. Give it a time, it will get better. For now this is what i can tell to kinda prevent overheating and battery draining:
    - Sort your background tasks (search the forum to see which one to turn them off)
    - In case you don't need push notifications from any of the apps, turn them off, cuz push notifications are tend to check internet very often and that eats battery.
    - Also if you don't need the GPS all the time, turn the Location OFF, and turn it on only when you needed.
    - If you are not a heavy dependable internet user, Turn OFF your data (mobile internet) and the Wi-Fi finder. Those 2 are among top 5 battery drainers. Use it only one at a time, not both in the same time. Always prefer wi-fi spot over the mobile data. Use mobile data only if there is no wi-fi to reach.
    - Always close all tabs in IE10 before you exit the browser.
    - In the multitasking window (long press Back key), close all the apps from the X (since you have already GDR3), and then lock the phone.
    This is actually how you "train" your phone to work and behave, and in that matter the battery will learn too. Yes, i know this sounds crazy, but it is actually based on my experience. I did this with my ATIV S and also did the same with the WP phones of 4 of my friends with the same problem. The results are the same.... better phone performance, better battery life, almost no overheating like before. The good thing is that this thing is actually safe to do it, it will not brake your phone, lol.
    Also, the area where you Moja Alin Mihai get your ATIV S overheating, is where actually the CPU is :)
    09-08-2014 07:38 AM
    Thanks for help and especially to Boris NevermorE! My Ativ S still overheating, but not so bad so things are fine now. Also I'll buy a case these days.
    09-12-2014 10:27 AM
    Thanks for help and especially to Boris NevermorE! My Ativ S still overheating, but not so bad so things are fine now. Also I'll buy a case these days.
    I don't think you should get a case for the ATIV S, not that back bumper cases, cuz if your phone start to heat, those cases will just double that. Instead have a leather pouch, you know, those normal ones, you can find them on your city market, for 2-5 euros. I have one from that kind of market (street market), i bought it around 2.5 euros. It's great. If your phone starts to heat up, the leather passes the heat outside instead of keeping it inside like those bumper cases do. And also pouches like that, are completely protecting your phone from accidental fall to the ground cuz it's covered 100%. :)
    Here are some pics for you to see what i have in mind:
    kgrhqj-lqff8gv05qbbrlljvm4cw-60_35.jpgt-ssi9300-5189d-5__straigh-lichee-pattern-leather-pouch-samsung-i9300.jpg
    09-12-2014 12:27 PM
    Mine has been getting unusually hot when I use GPS.
    09-14-2014 03:58 PM
    hi,

Has your overheating issue been resolved?
    09-21-2014 06:08 AM
    I still have this problem but I bought a decent case and probably I'll try a factory reset in the future. Thanks everyone for help!
    Boris NevermorE likes this.
    09-23-2014 11:05 AM
    It's normal for the phone to overheat, mine does it when I play games, watch videos, surf the web, using gps or open some apps like facebook. The only thing you can do is to buy a decent case. Nothing else matters.
    10-08-2014 01:52 AM