Factory Reset still dangerous?

kderh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm planning to factory reset my ATIV S (which is on 8.1.1 DP) because the system is littered (especially the 5.1GB system and 1.75GB other size are annoying).

I've read some threads where people say their GDR3 phone died and only gave a black screen after resetting and had to be sent in for repairs or software features missing after the reset.

So, in its current state with 8.1.1 DP and the latest official FW, is it still dangerous to do a reset? Because if it is, I'll stick with my installation because I don't wanna risk blowing up my ATIV S...

So if anyone has recently (succesfully) reset his 8.1.+ ATIV S, please let me know!

Last edited:

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
sorry, but your informations are wrong

1st. Hard reset will reset the OS back to default so you wont revert back to WP8 you will have 8.1.1
2nd If you want to switch back from DP 8.1.1 to 8.0 you will need to use your PC + SOFT and reflash your phone. This process is dangerous but if you follow instructions you will be fine

kderh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
No I don't want to revert to an older version, I just want to clean the current installation, aka performing a hard reset. But I read in threads like these:

forums.wpcentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/247613-black-screen-after-hard-reset-samsung-ativ-s-wp-gdr3.html

forums.wpcentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/256746-black-screen-after-factory-data-reset-ativ-s.html

that in the past there were cases wherer the phone developed a software (requiring flashing) or even hardware fault (can't find the thread right now) in the process.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No I don't want to revert to an older version, I just want to clean the current installation, aka performing a hard reset. But I read in threads like these:

forums.wpcentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/247613-black-screen-after-hard-reset-samsung-ativ-s-wp-gdr3.html

forums.wpcentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/256746-black-screen-after-factory-data-reset-ativ-s.html

that in the past there were cases wherer the phone developed a software (requiring flashing) or even hardware fault (can't find the thread right now) in the process.

I've factory reset my ATIV S which is on the WP8.1.1 DP perfectly fine with no issues. The GDR3 DP issue occurred because of a flash memory partitioning bug in the GDR3 DP and the Samsung GDR2 firmware. So, you have nothing to worry about.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

dont worry, you will be fine.
DP 8.1.1 hard reset works without problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923