Artist background images are not showing up

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Am facing a problem.
My phone is Samsung Ativ S and its still under GDR2.

I had consumed hell lots of time to set artist backgrounds for my songs ( For Indian songs, not an easy task to set artist background).

My mobile's CSC is XME. Tried changing to others to check if GDR3 is available. Already I had updated artist background images for all of my songs using MPAtool. Before I changed my CSC, I copied the music folder (including the hidden folders) as it is from my phone to my laptop. After my phone restarted under new CSC, I saw my music data gone from my phone. So I pasted the copied data from Laptop back to Phone and surprisingly there are no artist backgrounds which I had set earlier.

Really I cant take the pain to get the artist background again for all songs. :sweaty::sweaty::crying::crying:

Generally if I change a windows phone (for ex: from ATIV S to Lumia 930), do I need to set artist background again in new phone. :unhappy::unhappy:

Did I missed something while taking backup? or copying complete music folders?
How can I restore back my artist backgrounds? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Pavan

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi..currently my CSC shows XME. I have other CSC options: GLB, SMA, THL, XSE, XSP, XTC and XTE. I changed to XSE to check if there are any updates..my bad..leave the updates, I lost my artist background images :( again I have to setup one by one.. is through flashing or dev preview will phone work correctly in GDR3? Because am worried as some users posted issues after updating to GDR3.
Me too wanted to updated to GDR3..Plz suggest

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Use an app caled MPATool. It does all the task for setting the artist's background automatically.

Ha ha ha ha thanks for the laugh, it's like you didn't read his post at all where he mentions he uses MPA Tool. Really funny.
What he means by setting the artists manually (I think), which you do in MPA Tool as often the auto artist download pic can be of the wrong band or just a poor quality pic.

My advice is get used to this my friend as 8.1 pretty much kicks MPA Tool compatibility in the teeth. Shame as is a great app and Xbox music even after Update 1 is still patchy at best.

8.1 is not compatible with MPA Tool (as stated in the store).

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi..currently my CSC shows XME. I have other CSC options: GLB, SMA, THL, XSE, XSP, XTC and XTE. I changed to XSE to check if there are any updates..my bad..leave the updates, I lost my artist background images :( again I have to setup one by one.. is through flashing or dev preview will phone work correctly in GDR3? Because am worried as some users posted issues after updating to GDR3.
Me too wanted to updated to GDR3..Plz suggest

dont worry just update to WP8 GDR3 via developer preview or just Flash it

http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...guide]-how-revert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp.html

its stable and working 100%

Luis_Oliveira

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
LOL, I swear I didn't see that he used the MPATool. In any case, on WP 8.1 DP, the background doesn't show most of times. I quit trying to get that **** working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs