08-25-2016 07:50 PM
236 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I changed my CSC from Rogers to Bell and am running 8.1 Update now, thanks mdvision (Bill :P) for posting his experience yesterday. I am finally able to pair my MS Band with my Ativ S, instead of my Lumia 1020 (use it primarily for the 41MPs). Only sad thing to report is that I lost all my "supposedly backed up" text messages. I only cared about one string, but it is what it is.

After upgrading to 8.1 Update, my Microsoft Account (under emails+accounts in settings>system) is now "Not Up To Date," which I suspect is the culprit of my lost text woes. I spent some time looking on the interwebs for a solution and even chatted with Windows Phones live chat rep, but all my attempts are to no avail. Guess I'll just enjoy my newly updated Ativ S. If anyone is curious, I get the Error Code: 86000108.
    Did you change the CSC back to Rogers?
    04-19-2015 01:17 AM
    I did not change back to Rogers. I'm pretty sure my old backup is now gone since a newer 8.1 Update version took it's place. Hmm are you thinking that it might resolve the "Not up to date" issue?

My phone just prompted me for an update, not sure what it is. Guess I'll report back tomorrow.
    04-19-2015 02:16 AM
    04-19-2015 02:19 AM
    I did not change back to Rogers. I'm pretty sure my old backup is now gone since a newer 8.1 Update version took it's place. Hmm are you thinking that it might resolve the "Not up to date" issue?

My phone just prompted me for an update, not sure what it is. Guess I'll report back tomorrow.
    Never mind, it was just a keyboard language update. All versions are the same as what mdvision reported in his screenshots.
    04-19-2015 02:21 AM
    I have information from xda to get the 8.0 firmware PM me. I can't post the links cause im new.
    04-19-2015 11:50 AM
    I have information from xda to get the 8.0 firmware PM me. I can't post the links cause im new.
    Thanks. Will do when off work.
    04-19-2015 01:13 PM
    Just finished chatting with Samsung support. Alas, the agent didn't really have anything to offer except to "wait for the next update," as a new firmware version comes with a new OS version (8.1 update 2, maybe?). When asked if this device will be supported in the future, all I got in response was, "I hope so."

I mean, I certainly hope we get Update 2, but up until this past week I was convinced that there weren't going to be any more updates to this phone.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    04-19-2015 04:30 PM
    Using SGH-T899M rom from XDA Developers i was able to return back to wp 8.0 on my phone.

Taylor's Super ROM and Tool Dump! SGH-T899M,… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Dawnload SGH-T899M_VLCMK2_R_signed.zip; SGH-T899M_OYACMK2_R_signed.csc; SamsungUSBDriver.msi; and WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.47.exe files and use guid from this forum for SGH-I8750.
    04-19-2015 05:16 PM
    Using SGH-T899M rom from XDA Developers i was able to return back to wp 8.0 on my phone.

Taylor's Super ROM and Tool Dump! SGH-T899M,€ | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Dawnload SGH-T899M_VLCMK2_R_signed.zip; SGH-T899M_OYACMK2_R_signed.csc; SamsungUSBDriver.msi; and WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.47.exe files and use guid from this forum for SGH-I8750.
    Here is the thread with instructions. Looks to be same procedure as i8750 except be sure to use the t899m ROM detailed above.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/sam...-wp8-1-dp.html
    04-19-2015 05:30 PM
    thanks for all of the good info. got everything set up and phone into download mode without issue. unfortunately the binary smd downloader won't recognize my phone, so unable to press "start". disabled driver verification in windows settings, re-downloaded samsung driver 3 times, switched usb cables and ports and windows says driver is up to date. so looks like a no-go for me. worth a try though. if anyone knows why the smd binary won't recognize my phone, give a shout and thanks again guys.
    04-21-2015 09:45 AM
    thanks for all of the good info. got everything set up and phone into download mode without issue. unfortunately the binary smd downloader won't recognize my phone, so unable to press "start". disabled driver verification in windows settings, re-downloaded samsung driver 3 times, switched usb cables and ports and windows says driver is up to date. so looks like a no-go for me. worth a try though. if anyone knows why the smd binary won't recognize my phone, give a shout and thanks again guys.
    Is this the procedure you used to allow unsigned drivers?
    How Can I Install Hardware with Unsigned Drivers in Windows 8?

Did you disable AV software?

Did you right click the install exe and choose "run as administrator" ?

Did you extract compressed files to a folder and then run the installation?

Did you extract to a folder on your system root drive (C?) rather than a folder in your user profile?

Do you have access to a Win7 machine to try this on?

My desktop front USB ports do not recognize my ATIV S when I plug it in but the motherboard back plane ports work fine. Not sure why.
    04-21-2015 12:55 PM
    Is this the procedure you used to allow unsigned drivers?
    How Can I Install Hardware with Unsigned Drivers in Windows 8?

Did you disable AV software?

Did you right click the install exe and choose "run as administrator" ?

Did you extract compressed files to a folder and then run the installation?

Did you extract to a folder on your system root drive (C?) rather than a folder in your user profile?

Do you have access to a Win7 machine to try this on?

My desktop front USB ports do not recognize my ATIV S when I plug it in but the motherboard back plane ports work fine. Not sure why.
    Going to give it another try after work tonight. Delete everything and start over. I have a feeling its the 8.1 laptop I have. We'll see. The computer recognizes my Ativ when it's plugged in but the binary program doesn't and just wont give me a working "start" button. Damn.
    04-21-2015 02:22 PM
    A little off topic but now that 8.1 is installed I've ordered a new battery as the original now is approaching 800 charge cycles and is showing its age. It's an OEM Samsung battery so expect NFC to work as it's supposed to be built into the battery.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00B...droidcent08-20
    04-21-2015 02:28 PM
    Is it possible to use this process to flash just the firmware? I'd be willing to try it once it's possible to download version 2212.15.2.1 individually.
    04-21-2015 05:32 PM
    Is it possible to use this process to flash just the firmware? I'd be willing to try it once it's possible to download version 2212.15.2.1 individually.
    That would be great
    Matthew Becker1 likes this.
    04-21-2015 08:42 PM
    Going to give it another try after work tonight. Delete everything and start over. I have a feeling its the 8.1 laptop I have. We'll see. The computer recognizes my Ativ when it's plugged in but the binary program doesn't and just wont give me a working "start" button. Damn.
    Make any progress on this?
    04-22-2015 02:39 PM
    I'm about to try it again. Going to start over
    04-22-2015 04:43 PM
    so far so good. back to WP 8.0! the process was smooth. the problem was with the driver installation and the fact that I forgot to disable AV program. thanks for sending me those tips, otherwise i would not have rechecked everything and tried again. going to check for updates now.
    edit-oops-forgot to rotate picture. sorry.
    Last edited by mary beth hale; 04-22-2015 at 07:20 PM.
    04-22-2015 07:00 PM
    windows phone 8.1 installing now. this is fun!
    edit- success! thanks guys, for the help. camera works perfectly and i can switch between it and video without problems. best of all...ringtone doesn't revert back to "over the horizon" when i restart phone.(that bugged me to no end). anyway,everything was easy once i got everything downloaded correctly. i really like this phone. it has aged beautifully.will probably sell my 930 now to make a bit of money. this Ativ will do fine until actual windows 10 phones come out. OS 8.10.14203.306. firmware 2212.15.2.1
    Last edited by mary beth hale; 04-22-2015 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added info
    04-22-2015 07:39 PM
    Matthew...you may want to take the plunge with this downgrade/update process. honestly was easy and worked perfectly.
    Windows_Phone_Joe likes this.
    04-22-2015 08:49 PM

Taylor's Super ROM and Tool Dump! SGH-T899M,€ | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

worked perfectly!
    04-22-2015 09:00 PM
    so far so good. back to WP 8.0! the process was smooth. the problem was with the driver installation and the fact that I forgot to disable AV program. thanks for sending me those tips, otherwise i would not have rechecked everything and tried again. going to check for updates now.
    edit-oops-forgot to rotate picture. sorry.
    Pleased to have helped out. Enjoy your "new" phone. :)
    04-22-2015 09:02 PM
    Matthew...you may want to take the plunge with this downgrade/update process. honestly was easy and worked perfectly.
    I'd like to, but I'm still nervous. If I brick this phone, I have nothing to turn to.
    04-22-2015 09:12 PM
    I'd like to, but I'm still nervous. If I brick this phone, I have nothing to turn to.
    i completely understand. not sure i would have done it had i not had another phone available. so glad i did,though.
    Windows_Phone_Joe likes this.
    04-22-2015 09:26 PM
    i completely understand. not sure i would have done it had i not had another phone available. so glad i did,though.
    I read the instructions carefully, as well as helpful replies in this post, then took the plunge. Worked for me, too. :)

Those who "bricked" their phone beforehand managed to get it to work properly again afterwards. Glad I did this.
    04-22-2015 09:47 PM
236 ... 56789 ...