T899M 8.1 official Samsung firmware update

cims182

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Someone with PFD on t899m?? Have camera issues?? I used to have PFD on my Ativ S (i8750) but really hated the camera problems.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the T899M. Have been running the dev preview since April and the camera problem has been there since day 1. Waiting for the Samsung firmware that will fix it. Other than the camera bug it works fine.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
here's a not hopeful tweet from bell support

oi57.tinypic.com/dxz9qb.jpg
Their reply makes no sense. "This phone already has 8.1, so it's unlikely that your phone will." What? Their follow-up response is even more confusing, because it implies that the 8.1 update for the ATIV S is already available.

cims182

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Their reply makes no sense. "This phone already has 8.1, so it's unlikely that your phone will." What? Their follow-up response is even more confusing, because it implies that the 8.1 update for the ATIV S is already available.

Yes I think the same way, this what I just got.

ativ.JPG

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Rogers (GDR3) on AT&T and have been checking both Rogers and Bell's support pages every now and then. It seems that either the Bell site is going through a general website overhaul (since the page looks different this week) and/or something may be happening with the Bell version, because it now says, "No operating system available" when I visited their page today. Here's hoping... but if Bell gets it before Rogers, I'm for sure changing my CSC. :)

cims182

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
One more day I checked the bell page, this is a wierd result, I wonder what it means, yesterday showed all the gdr3 info.

ativ s.JPG

cims182

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Rogers (GDR3) on AT&T and have been checking both Rogers and Bell's support pages every now and then. It seems that either the Bell site is going through a general website overhaul (since the page looks different this week) and/or something may be happening with the Bell version, because it now says, "No operating system available" when I visited their page today. Here's hoping... but if Bell gets it before Rogers, I'm for sure changing my CSC. :)

Haha, sorry, i had not seen your post :confused:

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
there is still no OS listed on the bell support page. makes me wonder whats going on either they are no longer supporting the Ativ S, or they're having issues with the new web site(unluckily i'd say) or they're in the mist of getting the update ready

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
there is still no OS listed on the bell support page. makes me wonder whats going on either they are no longer supporting the Ativ S, or they're having issues with the new web site(unluckily i'd say) or they're in the mist of getting the update ready

I'm with Telus, considering the Ativ S was dumped 8-9 months after they began selling it I don't anticipate a firmware update "ever" coming from them for mine, as for Bell, they still had the Ativ S on their site a month or two back so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

One thing that I'd like to see is the dependancy on updates removed from the carriers hands, if the big "A" can do it why can't other's, I know it's not quite that simple but deffinitely would alleviate the sporadic implementation/uncertainty we're seeing now.

Jean_Philippe VERT

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried to grab some info using our Rogers rep for our enterprise account: Rogers has received the 8.1 update from Samsung, but has not yet validated it. That's all he can say: he can't say if it will be validated or not.
Also, he was not able to confirm the support status for the ATIV S by Rogers (ATIV S is not listed on Rogers web site support section). My feeling is I won't see Wp8.1 on my ATIV S.

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Well i'd say it's not looking very good for any T899M regardless of carrier. it's sad such a device does not get any thought, but yet the HTC 8X is getting the update, go figure.

Chris Bardon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If the FW exists, isn't there a way to just get it direct from Samsung? I'm getting really sick of the Bluetooth problems that I'm running into with the current FW and the 8.1 PfD. Phone will sometimes refuse to connect without a restart.

cims182

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
If the FW exists, isn't there a way to just get it direct from Samsung? I'm getting really sick of the Bluetooth problems that I'm running into with the current FW and the 8.1 PfD. Phone will sometimes refuse to connect without a restart.

Sometimes the FW is leaked and you can get it on the internet, in this particular case we can't do anything..

Mathieu_Desjard

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it. What is the problem releasing a fw to everyone. Why Bell is not saying a word to their customer and why does it take so long to get any news.
Take one phone with the new fw, one without. If there is no problem with the signal, lte is fine, the data you collect seem the same as the old fw, just release it.
Ee where like the last to get the gdr3 on wp8 and also the last to get wp8.1. This is getting ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786