T899M 8.1 official Samsung firmware update

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having or have had endless reboot issues with their T899M? Was on Rogers, changed CSC to Bell to get update, and today, after working decently well for over a month, I noticed that I lost 4G connection and decided to soft reboot. Tried battery reset, but it's stuck. :(

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having or have had endless reboot issues with their T899M? Was on Rogers, changed CSC to Telus to get update, and today, after working decently well for over a month, I noticed that I lost 4G connection and decided to soft reboot. Tried battery reset, but it's stuck. :(

Never ever had an issue as such with mine, been a while since I've used it and now that the SIM slot seems to be defunct it is put to rest... Unless a miracle happens that is.

You did change your CSC back to Rogers no? Might require a hart reset to resolve or maybe the hardware just failed, I'd try the hard reset first since you've done the soft etc.

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I never changed it back to Rogers. I did perform a hard reset, but wasn't able to do so until late last night (sigh, what a pain). I was at an offsite meeting all day but, fortunately, I carry my 1020 with me all the time... you know to use as a camera. :) Funny thing is, as I'm re-configuring my APNs (i'm on AT&T), Bell comes up as a choice of active APNs <duh, I'm on Bell>. In any case, I didn't revert back to Rogers again after hard resetting, do you think its necessary?

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I never changed it back to Rogers. I did perform a hard reset, but wasn't able to do so until late last night (sigh, what a pain). I was at an offsite meeting all day but, fortunately, I carry my 1020 with me all the time... you know to use as a camera. :) Funny thing is, as I'm re-configuring my APNs (i'm on AT&T), Bell comes up as a choice of active APNs. In any case, I didn't revert back to Rogers again after hard resetting, do you think its necessary?

My Ativ S has since bitten the dust(a fall from 8ft ladder...boohoo). I did do a csc change to Bell and did not change back to Rogers after getting the 8.1 update. Had read that changing back was not necessary.

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it's just me, but lesson of the day... take screenshots of your Data and MMS APNs before and/or after an OS update. :) I eventually found the proper APN configurations on my carrier's website, but most of the older solutions in this forum (including screenshots I took in 2013 ROFL) are outdated for the latest official (Bell/Telus) T899M update. Oh, and most importantly, don't forget to power reset after making changes to your APN. My Data APN worked without rebooting the phone, but the MMS one did not. After trying multiple times with various preivously working solutions, I just about gave up until I decided to go back to the first solution I found (the carrier one) and rebooted my phone afterwards. It finally worked. LOL

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it's just me, but lesson of the day... take screenshots of your Data and MMS APNs before and/or after an OS update. :) I eventually found the proper APN configurations on my carrier's website, but most of the older solutions in this forum (including screenshots I took in 2013 ROFL) are outdated for the latest official (Bell/Telus) T899M update. Oh, and most importantly, don't forget to power reset after making changes to your APN. My Data APN worked without rebooting the phone, but the MMS one did not. After trying multiple times with various preivously working solutions, I just about gave up until I decided to go back to the first solution I found (the carrier one) and rebooted my phone afterwards. It finally worked. LOL
So glad it worked for you. Also very good advice re: Screenshots and rebooting. I buy SIM free off contract so I know how important it is to get those apns put in correctly. The mms can be a stinker sometimes.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 Update

wp_ss_20150803_0001.pngI want to thank everyone in this forum for their hard work much appreciated!
I now have Windows Phone 8.1 Update on my Samsung ATIV S from TELUS Mobility by changing the CSC though the Samsung Diagnosis app ##634# in the dialer then entering *#321647335 then switch from TELUS to Bell Mobility then back to TELUS with WP8 GDR3 to WP8.1 Update 1 so go through full installation then do all updates then switch back to TELUS as long you backed everything up Everything for me was 100% ...No problems and recommend doing so! I'm so very happy �� brings new life into my almost 3 years old ATIV S so kool....keep the regional setting to US so Bata Cortana works also so awesome! Thanx......this should hold me out till Windows Mobile 10.

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Nothing here (Telus) but then with it stuck in a drawer I guess that stands to reason lol, you'd say I've given up on it.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Where is update 2? Will it wok on the ATIV S? Would be nice too name your phone!

I wouldn't hold your breath, my 2 year newer L830 doesn't even have it... Yes I know there is a roundabout way of getting it but there should be no need to go that route, not particularly enjoying the general WP staleness that exist right now.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Now only if I can get WP8.1 Update 2 or Win10 Mobile on my Samsung ATIV S would be fantastic! I'll be watching. Long live ATIV S

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
A year and a bit ago I used wolfs CSC and managed to get the windows 8.1 update on my phone. It was awesome, but I was really looking forward to rolling back to GDR3 and doing it the proper way. Worked flawlessly, but before I upgraded back to WP8.1, I wanted to try out the facebook chat through the native messaging app. Too bad it no longer works. :p

At any rate, updating back to WP8.1

I'm just glad we have these images to roll back to GDR3 now. Didn't have that back then and was worried I'd never be able to do things the proper way. Very nice Guide. :)

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
For people who have the Developer Preview installed and can't get official 8.1 firmware by changing CSC, I may have a solution...

I have supposedly found WP8.0 ROMs for the ATIV S T899m (and a few other phones too). They are here: https://mega.nz/#F!b0Ri1J7D!Q96P3V5V-VboIjMQTFXKTQ
And this is the accompanying forum which led me to the ROMs: Taylor's Super ROM and Tool Dump! SGH-T899M,… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking

I havn't tried these ROMs on my ATIV S but as long as the ROMs are real & work, you should be able to downgrade your phone to 8.0 with the ROMs, change CSC to Bell then get Official 8.1 with firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes