Is my ATIV S dead?

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
NEE is the CSC you will set to the phone, it doesn't actually matter that much, but if you have ATO select that, or BTU or DBU. I have ATO.

SteviePat

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Well that was a few hours of my life I won't be getting back. The steps for flashing back to GDR3 worked perfectly first time for me but definitely made me miss the DP version when I booted it back up. Currently installing updates but I do have a working phone again. Seriously annoying that an update like that is released which bricks my phone - and yes I know it's a developers preview but still. Anyway - for anyone finding this thread with a dead phone, follow the steps in the guide and you'll be fine.

jmrenka

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, WP8 SMD downloader (tool to flash rom) cant recognize my Ativ S, still message Unknown device... anyone has same experience?

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T Ativ S Neo that has this same problem, I don't want to follow these directions and ruin the phone.

jmrenka

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Sure... the message is WP8 Device detected: Unknown device... Well on monday Ill visit Samsung service point and I do not expect they will be able to help me but at least I can yell on them :)

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I managed to flash to GDR2. Wondering if I should have just flashed to GDR3 instead.

No, you did the right thing - another user, Dragone, just reported the thing I mentioned why it is better to flash GDR2 - he flashed to GDR3 and when updating to 8.1.1 he got ONLY the OS update 8.10 without the Samsung firmware and so he know has a phone with the well known camera bug and he will probably needed to flash again to fix that.

See Dragones about screen photo here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-66.htm#post2885573

OS is 8.1.1 but FW is the GDR2/3, I'm not sure.

So I highly recommend everyone flashing going with the GDR2 firmware I recommended in the previous post.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Ativ S Neo that has this same problem, I don't want to follow these directions and ruin the phone.

your phone is bricked because nobody has the original image of WP 8.0 for this type of phone
Samsung ativ S vs. Neo S is not the same phone

contact your carrier and ask for help, maybe they can fix it

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
No, you did the right thing - another user, Dragone, just reported the thing I mentioned why it is better to flash GDR2 - he flashed to GDR3 and when updating to 8.1.1 he got ONLY the OS update 8.10 without the Samsung firmware and so he know has a phone with the well known camera bug and he will probably needed to flash again to fix that.

So I highly recommend everyone flashing going with the GDR2 firmware I recommended in the previous post.
Oh damn I just flashed to GDR3, which GDR2 files should in use as there are a number on the site?

pdixon0

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is tied in to the failed DP update a few months back, the one where the partition size was inadequate? My ATIV S was affected by that issue and now has the infinite boot loop issue...

Busy reflashing to GDR3 now - strange how it popped up and said that the partition size was wrong during flashing too...

Paul D

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Used CSC NEE on the flashing, now on 8.1.1 with firmware 2424.14.9.4. That's the 8.1 firmware isn't it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro