Why is my touchscreen unresponsive after playing Candy Crush Saga?

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Touchscreen unresponsive after playing Candy Crush Saga

My ATIV S was working fine with 8.1.1 and the latest firmware. I installed and played Candy Crush on it - and after I quit the game the touchscreen on my phone does not respond to anything at all.

I tried removing the battery and soft resetting it - nothing works so far.

I noticed during the game it got very hot and sometimes slowed down, but I don't know if CCS has anything to do with this at all. At present I can't use the phone.

Any ideas what to do?

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen unresponsive after playing Candy Crush Saga

My ATIV S was working fine with 8.1.1 and the latest firmware. I installed and played Candy Crush on it - and after I quit the game the touchscreen on my phone does not respond to anything at all.

I tried removing the battery and soft resetting it - nothing works so far.

I noticed during the game it got very hot and sometimes slowed down, but I don't know if CCS has anything to do with this at all. At present I can't use the phone. Any ideas what to do?

did you push too hard on the screen? Maybe the display is damaged..
If not.. hmm, maybe the phone got too hot and some sensors are faulty
what can you do? Not much. Remove the battery and wait a couple of hours then put the battery back and turn on the phone. If it doesnt help try hard reset... thats the last thing to do

if nothing helps then the only way to help yourself is to visit a Samsung service and let them decide what to do

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Just as I finished writing the above, it returned to normal. I'm guessing that it had something to do with it running very hot in Candy Crush Saga (which isn't particularly graphics-intensive, but on my ATIV S it seems to run hotter than any other app or game). I'll take that as a warning not to play it too much.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Runs hot on my 920 as well. More so than other apps as you said. Haven't experienced the unresponsive touch screen though.

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I have played this game on my Ativ S and it doesn't get hot nor did I have any problem

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
No problem here too, perhaps I'm a very slow player but it hardly became warm. Did you try to uninstall and then reinstall CCS?
Edit: Had the touch screen problem too, restarting CCS solved it, looks like a CCS code problem.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo